Thread: Jordan Morant from Michigan

vCash

Jordan Morant from Michigan

Picked up another portal DB

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    good get

vCash
    Ja? That you?

vCash
    Looks like a good pickup. Looks like hes had some bad luck with injuries but I think he has the tools to be a solid contributor.

Banned
    vCash
    Damn. Competition was only Duke and BC? Impressive acceptance interview. Good Lookin' Kid with obvious High IQ. Does anybody know his major? Was that short list due only to his academic requirements? Trying hard to find reasons not to be jacked 'bout dis dude and can't see none yet. At any rate welcome Mr. Morant. We hope your body and NJ taste buds enjoy the conversion to duh best shit you EVAH put in yo mouth!! You 'bout to have yo mind blown Young Man!!

vCash
    how much eligibility remaining ?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I believe I read he is coming in as a redshirt sophomore. I?m guessing three years of eligibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    I believe I read he is coming in as a redshirt sophomore. I?m guessing three years of eligibility.
    Looks like he's actually a "Covid Sophomore".
    True freshman year was 2020. Played in 8 games last year so he couldn't have redshirted.

Basically the same thing for most practical purposes but he technically has a RS to burn if needed.

vCash
    His dad played 3 years for the Raiders in the NFL as a WR.

vCash
    Leach did a great job shoring up special teams and the secondary this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Leach did a great job shoring up special teams and the secondary this offseason.
    We may not have gotten the stars of the school up north, but we did a good job in the portal. Lots of eligibility left on a lot of these kids plus some were 4 stars out of HS for those star watchers. Wished we could have gotten another tackle but I have heard good things about Lewis and Dolla .

Banned
    vCash
    Leach don't care 'bout his Job. I kin tell by his demeanor. Seen it on my Color TV I did.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 06-07-2022 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    I listen to college football padcasts by CBS sports a lot.

They do over 100 interviews over the summer with every 247 local reporter. Robbie Faulk was interviewed for Mississippi but I learned little that I didn't already about State but:

I learned a lot about the state of all the other D1 schools. It seems just about every school is looking to try to get an OL, especially a Tackle in the portal and most are looking for edge rushers or DL to shore up the trenches. Quality Lineman on both sides of the ball come at a premium. You get one or two that can help a year in the portal and you probably outperformed the curve.

This year State added the best JuCo tackle in Lewis and a former starting Tackle at a smaller school that should be able to give us depth at the IOL position which allows one of the others to step out to play tackle if needed. While we don't have that superstar that is in Seattle right now, there are several here that are looking much better than I expected.

I think we are much better shape than most places that are in our range of talent pool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I listen to college football padcasts by CBS sports a lot.

They do over 100 interviews over the summer with every 247 local reporter. Robbie Faulk was interviewed for Mississippi but I learned little that I didn't already about State but:

I learned a lot about the state of all the other D1 schools. It seems just about every school is looking to try to get an OL, especially a Tackle in the portal and most are looking for edge rushers or DL to shore up the trenches. Quality Lineman on both sides of the ball come at a premium. You get one or two that can help a year in the portal and you probably outperformed the curve.

This year State added the best JuCo tackle in Lewis and a former starting Tackle at a smaller school that should be able to give us depth at the IOL position which allows one of the others to step out to play tackle if needed. While we don't have that superstar that is in Seattle right now, there are several here that are looking much better than I expected.

I think we are much better shape than most places that are in our range of talent pool.
    If the light comes on for Dolla Bill we will be in good shape as the guy has all the measurables in the world. Hell, I'll settle for him not being a false start machine. That will save us 15-20 penalty yards and 2-3 stalled drives a game.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If the light comes on for Dolla Bill we will be in good shape as the guy has all the measurables in the world. Hell, I'll settle for him not being a false start machine. That will save us 15-20 penalty yards and 2-3 stalled drives a game.
    He's a RS Sr. I don't think there is a light to come on. He's just not quick enough for tackle. Our season is probably going to depend on Percy Lewis being a solid LT and Albert Reese being solid at RT. My uninformed guess is that both are going to be serviceable to pretty good RTs but neither will be able to handle LT.