Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Southern miss baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Replay clearly showed that grand slam to put USM up 4-3 was fair.

I can’t believe no one is taking about this.
    No when they slowed it down it clearly showed it was foul absolutely 100% foul. The ball passed in front of the pole. I thought it was fair at first to but it wasn't. Foul ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Bianca is not so good in post season decisions either.

I’m with u on pulling for the Buzzards. Hall is a competitor, I think he wins Sunday, I would have started him today.
    Lol yeah neither is a great post season coach. I would've started Hall today too. Om has momentum let's see is usm can do what they did against lsu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No when they slowed it down it clearly showed it was foul absolutely 100% foul. The ball passed in front of the pole. I thought it was fair at first to but it wasn't. Foul ball
    Am I completely blind? That ball totally disappeared behind the pole to my vision. Every time on replay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    Am I completely blind? That ball totally disappeared behind the pole to my vision.
    No it blended in with the colors of the pole. I thought exactly as you did at first but when they blew up the video and slowed it down you could clearly see the ball passing in front of the pole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Well, Usm didn?t handle the pressure. I thought or did think they had slight advantage but not anymore. I like Hall,s chances Sunday, but IF Usm doesn?t hit want matter. Lastly, I?m not surprised Ole Dixie won, like I?ve been saying they are a hot team playing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Berry mismanaged the game early. Waldrep was never right after he got hit on the ankle. Lost his command and when he walked the first 2 hitters in the third on 8 pitches he should've known he was done. They let it get away from them. If usm wins tomorrow then advantage will swing back to them and they still have more pitching but berry will find a way to screw it up he's known for that in postseason it's why they don't make it to Omaha and this is the best team he's had.
    I just feel like USM is in over their head right now. They had a great season and now they have everyone patting their backs and I think their players "realize" how big this is. As a result they're taking bad at bats and are just trying to do too much. I see it happen all the time to teams who "take a step" but don't win a championship and aren't really quite ready to "take the next step". Essentially what happened to MSU when we played UCLA in 2013 for the National Championship.

It's why team in baseball that win the World Series, National Championships, heck... high school championships...they're usually teams that have experience in the postseason and have been there before. And yes, I know USM went to Omaha in 2009. But what I mean is with this current group of players. It's not a coincidence that we won the National Championship after being in Omaha three times in a row.

USM is a team that dog piled after winning a regional. And this is their first Super Regional that they have ever hosted in their history. I should have taken that into account when making my predictions for this series.

Add in their air out of the balloon moment with the foul ball grand slam even though it was the right call it was absolutely deflating for them. Same thing happened to them when they completely fell apart against us when we played them and they dropped Rooker's pop up. Had that ball been fair it would have given USM a 1 run lead and then who knows what happens? It wasn't fair so they weren't able to get any momentum and they folded.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 06-12-2022 at 02:48 AM.

vCash
    OM has beaten USM two of three games this year. Twice in H'burg. USM starting pitching is all they've got. I never thought they'd win, but hoped they would. They can't hit at all. OM will need a wheels fall off moment, like they normally do in supers, for USM to have a shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    OM has beaten USM two of three games this year. Twice in H'burg. USM starting pitching is all they've got. I never thought they'd win, but hoped they would. They can't hit at all. OM will need a wheels fall off moment, like they normally do in supers, for USM to have a shot.
    Ironically given the first post of this thread we did better against Ole Miss this year than USM did- in Oxford no less. And that's partially because we pitched our damn shortstop in one game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Ole Miss hasn?t lost at Southern yet this year. Their going to Omaha
    But apparently Cohen rigs the post season