Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern miss baseball

vCash

Southern miss baseball

Who is evaluating their talent. Seems they always have under the radar guys that produce big.

vCash
    That and/or they are getting the most out of their guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Who is evaluating their talent. Seems they always have under the radar guys that produce big.
    Coach Berry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Coach Berry
    I like him.

vCash
    I wonder if they take players later in the process? Meaning juniors and seniors in high school instead of 8th-10th graders

vCash
    Hope they beat OM in the super regional

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing S. Miss in the CWS. Now I will say that Okie State is going to be hard to beat if they can make it. Actually wouldn't mind them winning it all. Them or Oregon State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I wonder if they take players later in the process? Meaning juniors and seniors in high school instead of 8th-10th graders
    They took a kid From Starkville high as a 10th grader. Can't speak for the rest....

vCash
    They do take high school juniors and seniors. Their recruits aren't as high profile and are generally later bloomers in high school and also tend to be more blue collar type players than the typical SEC recruit.

vCash
    Do ya’ll want to be usm? They are trying to make their 2nd CWS EVER.

vCash
    might check back in 2 years and see how Lemo looks in june of 24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    They have what- 1/3 our budget? I can assure they dont have the state of the art pitching complex we have, facilities, or anything else we have.

They are in a Super and we didnt make the SEC Tourney. They pissed on us this year H2H. Give them their due.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    might check back in 2 years and see how Lemo looks in june of 24
    This. We have alot of work to fix our roster ahead of us
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They have what- 1/3 our budget? I can assure they dont have the state of the art pitching complex we have, facilities, or anything else we have.

They are in a Super and we didnt make the SEC Tourney. They pissed on us this year H2H. Give them their due.
    I agree. Berry has a good program down in Hattiesburg.
    And they are the only thing between Ole Miss and Omaha so I'm a huge Golden Eagle fan next weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Nobody is saying they'd trade baseball programs. But, at the end of the day, we suck this year and they are good, despite having way less resources and recruiting ranking success. Any intelligent person would want to know what they are doing better than us this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Nobody is saying they'd trade baseball programs. But, at the end of the day, we suck this year and they are good, despite having way less resources and recruiting ranking success. Any intelligent person would want to know what they are doing better than us this season
    Stability with Berry. He has been at Usm a while. Good players in that area also.

vCash
    They do take high school juniors and seniors. Their recruits aren't as high profile and are generally later bloomers in high school and also tend to be more blue collar type players than the typical SEC recruit.
    that's kind of what I assumed. Those type of kids usually have a chip on their shoulder from being overlooked and a lot of times are tougher.

vCash
    Nm

vCash
    They won a regional. It's not like they're regularly in the CWS. I see nothing special. They're recruited a better staff. We've got Foxhall.

vCash
    Talk about prisoner of the moment.

1. We should stop recruiting players that are younger than juniors? We just went to five straight Super Regionals, won the SEC once, went to Omaha three years in a row and won a National Championship with players that we recruited from 8th grade on up. But one bad year from us where our pitching was decimated by injuries and we should start following USM's blueprint? LOL. Where were our fans who thought the USM way was the way for us to go the past few years? Probably sitting watching us play in Omaha while USM was at home waiting for their players to develop into upperclassmen after they got bounced from a regional. Oh by the way USM does recruit players that are younger than juniors. In fact we flipped one of them and he was their highest rated recruit in years.

2. They're in a somewhat precarious position with the portal. Meaning in the past if we misevaluated a player we couldn't come back and get Brian Dozier for his junior year. That's not the case anymore- and in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up getting a pitcher or two from them. That's going to be an issue for them going forward.

3. Ole Miss is in an awkward position with Bianco no matter what happens. There is a good chance they are looking for a new coach soon. If he gets them to Omaha he could probably stay another two years if he wanted to.

4. Our next three recruiting classes are ranked in the top 8. We'll be fine. But next year is going to be based on how well we do in the portal. Lemonis knows this. They also know that one more year like this and we're looking for a new pitching and hitting coach. They're essentially coaching for their jobs and we will be a team with a chip on it's shoulder. Unlike this year. I'm expecting us to be a completely different team next year. Unless we completely flame out on the portal which I doubt we will.