Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Isiaih Mosley is down to us and Mizzou...

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Right now we are going to have to church league this thing and hope we can play smart basketball and win tight games.

But we are going to need somebody to step up and be something they haven?t been offensively to this point.
    I think Shak Moore has that potential.
    Last edited by 662dawg; 06-07-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Why I looked at us as an underdog from the start. I think us being in it speaks volumes about Jans
    Who the F wants to stay home? Seems like local kids can't wait to go to somewhere else. Mizzou is only kind of in the SEC. They are lacking the SEC culture, big time.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    Kid's Resume' don't look too Homesick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Who the F wants to stay home? Seems like local kids can't wait to go to somewhere else. Mizzou is only kind of in the SEC. They are lacking the SEC culture, big time.
    Missouri is typically out of our recruiting footprint - even in basketball. If they aren't from MS, LA, AL, GA, FL, TN, or TX I'm always assuming we are second fiddle to someone. Yes, we have outliers like Ado or Dee Bost - but not too many.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Missouri is typically out of our recruiting footprint - even in basketball. If they aren't from MS, LA, AL, GA, FL, TN, or TX I'm always assuming we are second fiddle to someone. Yes, we have outliers like Ado or Dee Bost - but not too many.
    We have 5 on roster not fitting your description so we do have some geographic diversity. No?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We have 5 on roster not fitting your description so we do have some geographic diversity. No?
    I count
    Horton
    McNair (who played for Jans)
    Davis
    Moore
    Stansbury (who grew up in Starkville)

You are correct. And that is a positive of the Portal - but again, it's highly unusual for us historically. Which is why when I see us in competition for a Missouri kid, with offers from Midwest schools, I'm skeptical that we can land them.

vCash
    I count
    Horton
    McNair (who played for Jans)
    Davis
    Moore
    Stansbury (who grew up in Starkville)

You are correct. And that is a positive of the Portal - but again, it's highly unusual for us historically. Which is why when I see us in competition for a Missouri kid, with offers from Midwest schools, I'm skeptical that we can land them.
    I don't think geography played a part in this at all... William McNair is from Philly and DeShawn Davis is from the Bronx New York, Horton is from Queens NY. Nowhere near Starkville Ms.. we've always gotten a few guys outside our area most years.

From what I've seen and read he was waiting for a big time offer from a blue blood (Kansas) when that didn't happen he explored other options.. Missouri was never in the picture until very recently and he decided to go with them.. basically kind of used us and never really planned on coming. Not sure why...
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 06-07-2022 at 06:44 PM.

vCash
    Who's next on target list?