Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somebody talk to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    What year you graduate? I was December of 98.
    93. Kept up with folks for a while. Did a little forestry and consulting before I got bit by the oilfield bug. Kept up with a few folks and was envious about that bear research that started. I would have loved that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    93. Kept up with folks for a while. Did a little forestry and consulting before I got bit by the oilfield bug. Kept up with a few folks and was envious about that bear research that started. I would have loved that.
    When I was there I had an opportunity to do some work on the bear project going out and tagging them along the MS river. Don't know why I decided not to do it, but wish I had now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    I have seen almost the same tracks 2 weeks ago just south of Starkville at the noxubee trails while mountain biking. It was about 2 miles into the woods off sheep ranch road near the south trail head. My guess was a migrating black bear, but it did send a shiver down my spine.
    We probably know some folks in common if you ride out there much.
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.

Banned
    vCash
    That Greyhound shit surprised the hell out of me cuz having owned a Pit & 2 American Bullies I'd expect that but not a Greyhound.

One of my favorite clips showing Upper Mongolia's beautiful landscape from above , Ancient History and how they train, eat and live with their Giant Eagles to hunt down wolves and other smaller animals for pelts and anything else threatening their livestock. The footage and badassedry of these Eagles and their bad ass owners is off the charts IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJ_xOY_QD4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    When I was there I had an opportunity to do some work on the bear project going out and tagging them along the MS river. Don't know why I decided not to do it, but wish I had now.
    I wish I had done that. I would be poor but happy!!!! Lol

vCash
    i graduated in 1984 from MSU with a wildlife degree. Back in the 1990's there was an area along the Mississippi river near Rosedale MS i believe it is a huge hunting club called Catfish Point now. There were several tree dens of female bears with their cubs they would place them high up I am assuming because of flooding. I don't know if they were permanent residents, or they swam the river back and forth from the White River Refuge, but they did have dens in Mississippi. There was a documentary filmed about this it's been so long ago that i don't remember if Game and fish or PBS but you can probably find it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    absolutely a bear track. a friend of mine has a large track of land on Suncreek road off 389 and he sees bears about twice a year they roam a lot.
    My daughter saw one in the road in Chickasaw county between Houston and Okolona a few years ago. It was daylight and a back road that was not well traveled. She was a social worker for the health dept and managed home health cases. It just sat there looking at her blocking the road. I was no doubt a black bear as we had seen them many times going to Gatlinburg. It in no way was threatening, it just didn't care about the car. Finally, it wondered off into the brush and she moved on.

vCash
    They are giant raccoons. Super cool animals which I absolutely love and always enjoy seeing them. At 54, I'm like a kid every time I see one. However, they are extremely destructive if around your home or deer lease. (See raccoon reference). I have friends that have them on deer leases and they absolutely despise them.