Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josh Hatcher is raking

vCash
    I wonder how many folks on ED were crushed when Hatcher transferred? I will hang up and listen.

Glad and happy for his success this year. He needed the change and his success this year proved it. He was a class Dawg.

vCash
    He was in a bad spot trying to play 1B for state. I wonder what he would have done in CF had he stayed.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    He was in a bad spot trying to play 1B for state. I wonder what he would have done in CF had he stayed.
    Ain't no need wondering no more I reckon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerVance View Post
    I do recall last season early in the year that it was being hyped how Geaut had been working with hatcher to get him to pull the ball more....What an idiot. Literally ruined the kids year screwing with his swing. Our coachin staff is awful in the development department. Not one kid outside of Cumbest improved this year. Total failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wonder why our guys can't figure that out. We had the same issue this year. It's because that's what we're being taught. We've gotten away from a lot of things. Pulling the ball can be damn habitual for kids too. Our solution is to add lefty hitters to pull to the short porch. It's why we can't get clutch hits. It's why we watch fastballs middle-out.
    It seems to me like if you are a contact hitter he'll let you use the whole field but if you are a power hitter he wants you to be pull heavy. I don't like that approach either. Use the whole field. It's a good enough approach for the best hitters of all time- it's good enough for our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well it bears pointing out that Hatcher plays CF for Kennesaw and we had a big black hole in CF this year. We even played Cumbest in CF some.
    That's interesting because he doesn't really profile as a CF to me. Their other outfielders must be pretty slow.

Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Call a spade a spade. The NC year job by staff was excellent, 2022 job was pathetic. Make tourney and I'd say hosting a regional is the standard. It wasn't long ago everyone said making a super regional was the goal every year. Boy we have slipped fast. Even some on here say we ain't that good of a baseball program. We are and we need to act like it.
    Super Regional is still my minimum standard as a fan. Obviously we didn't meet that standard this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I wonder how many folks on ED were crushed when Hatcher transferred? I will hang up and listen.

Glad and happy for his success this year. He needed the change and his success this year proved it. He was a class Dawg.
    This is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

100% true

On the flip side of regret- Xavier Lovette and Davis Rokose have not been better after Transfer. Two were horror shows for their new club. Only Caramouche had a good season without Fox. Note, I see Eric Cerantola is really controlling walks these days, promoted to A ball.