Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hatcher is raking

vCash
    he just hit a 2 run bomb

vCash
    The Kennesaw St staff has someone that can develop talent

vCash
    While talking about Hatch, don't forget about Pimentel. He finished the year batting .377 with 12HR and 47 rbi's.

vCash
    It's pretty disappointing that we can't develop guys like Hatcher and Pimentel but Kennesaw can. It reminds me of guys like Luke Reynolds in the past, and other current guys like Ashcraft

Banned
    vCash
    Yet again the pity party crowd wants to be the first to complain about a staff that won a freaking natty.

Admit that you people would rather be the first one to be "right" about needing to fire a coach to prove your "vast knowledge" of the game from your couch. That literally brings you more joy than us winning.

If you assholes would admit that, I'd at least respect it. Because it is something you can control. Stop trying to act like you're talking for the good of the program. Jake and Scott have another year easily. Gets bumpy if we don't make postseason next year. Lemonis would have to make at least one change. If no change then all 3 are gone after 3 years. If one change, then it'd take 4 years.

But regardless, you idiots who want to be right need to understand something. You never can be right. These guys don't suck. They forever have national champions by their name. No other coaching staff can say they did that at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    It's pretty disappointing that we can't develop guys like Hatcher and Pimentel but Kennesaw can. It reminds me of guys like Luke Reynolds in the past, and other current guys like Ashcraft
    Careful. The thought police will have your head for questioning goat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yet again the pity party crowd wants to be the first to complain about a staff that won a freaking natty.

Admit that you people would rather be the first one to be "right" about needing to fire a coach to prove your "vast knowledge" of the game from your couch. That literally brings you more joy than us winning.

If you assholes would admit that, I'd at least respect it. Because it is something you can control. Stop trying to act like you're talking for the good of the program. Jake and Scott have another year easily. Gets bumpy if we don't make postseason next year. Lemonis would have to make at least one change. If no change then all 3 are gone after 3 years. If one change, then it'd take 4 years.

But regardless, you idiots who want to be right need to understand something. You never can be right. These guys don't suck. They forever have national champions by their name. No other coaching staff can say they did that at MSU.
    The title was awesome. It's legendary.

We missed the Tourney this year and were one of the worst teams in the SEC. Regardless of a title or whatever- it's never been acceptable for s State baseball team to be one of the worst teams in the SEC. We have a standard we live by in baseball. That's simple. What this staff did this year is unacceptable. That's a fact that nobody disputes.

So now? Next season better be an improvement. Thats the bottom line. No spin- no bullshit. We better back in the NCAA Tourney in 2023. Thats the standard.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The title was awesome. It's legendary.

We missed the Tourney this year and were one of the worst teams in the SEC. Regardless of a title or whatever- it's never been acceptable for s State baseball team to be one of the worst teams in the SEC. We have a standard we live by in baseball. That's simple. What this staff did this year is unacceptable. That's a fact that nobody disputes.

So now? Next season better be an improvement. Thats the bottom line. No spin- no bullshit. We better back in the NCAA Tourney in 2023. Thats the standard.
    Don't disagree and my post says as much.

This silliness of saying the coaches aren't good though... that's gotta stop. Who tf is good then if not them?

vCash
    Why was 6’4” long armed Kellum Clark crowding the plate all year? He had zero chance to keep an inside strike in play all season, I don’t get that at all, he’s not an inside out guy.

vCash
    Hatcher stopped pulling everything and started to use the whole field.

vCash
    Hatcher had nowhere to play for us. We're not going to sit Luke Hancock after the 2021 he had. Hunter Hines did well at DH and if Hatcher comes back one of those two would have sat and we would have run the risk of losing Hancock to the portal. We're also not going to sit Cumbest or Kellum Clark either. Hatcher needed a change of scenery and it was great that he did well. I'm happy for him.

Luke Reynolds was ultimately a similar situation as above. He had a bad fall that year if I remember correctly with the bat and glove. He lost his job to Nate Lowe who is in MLB right now. Gavin Collins also beat him out at third base. Playing him in the outfield would have blocked one of Rooker, Mangum, Robson, Cody Brown, and Humphries. Reynolds raked at USM at a lower level but he never made it past A ball. In the meantime the guys who beat him out were mostly future MLB guys or really good SEC players, and a guy that is the SEC hit king.

Ashcraft got hurt here and then couldn't crack the rotation when we had guys like Small, Pilkington, Plumlee, and Billingsley. And before you say it he wasn't as good as Billingsley was at that point in their careers. He just wasn't. He got healthy and put it together at UAB and I'm glad he's doing well.

What we're talking about is the reality of the portal. I remember talking about how we should bring in a ton of guys to compete for spots and then the best play. Most everyone agreed with me. And we started to do that. Well, when you do that sometimes very good players are going to go somewhere else because they want to play and they know they're good enough to play somewhere even if they get beat out here. Every player you mentioned left ultimately because of playing time and were beat out by other really good players. That's not a development issue. Quite the opposite actually. And most of those guys you mentioned had some good moments at MSU too. Even Pimentel had a big home run against Oregon State for example.

And I won't be surprised when some of our guys in the portal go somewhere else and do well too. It's just the nature of the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I do recall last season early in the year that it was being hyped how Geaut had been working with hatcher to get him to pull the ball more....What an idiot. Literally ruined the kids year screwing with his swing. Our coachin staff is awful in the development department. Not one kid outside of Cumbest improved this year. Total failure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Thank you!!!

vCash
    Wonder why our guys can't figure that out. We had the same issue this year. It's because that's what we're being taught. We've gotten away from a lot of things. Pulling the ball can be damn habitual for kids too. Our solution is to add lefty hitters to pull to the short porch. It's why we can't get clutch hits. It's why we watch fastballs middle-out.

vCash
    Hatcher had nowhere to play for us. We're not going to sit Luke Hancock after the 2021 he had. Hunter Hines did well at DH and if Hatcher comes back one of those two would have sat and we would have run the risk of losing Hancock to the portal. We're also not going to sit Cumbest or Kellum Clark either. Hatcher needed a change of scenery and it was great that he did well. I'm happy for him.
    Well it bears pointing out that Hatcher plays CF for Kennesaw and we had a big black hole in CF this year. We even played Cumbest in CF some.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Ashcraft looks to be having a Woodruff type turnaround after he got drafted? but let?s not act like another college staff developed him when we couldn?t. He had an ERA in the 5?s while at UAB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wonder why our guys can't figure that out. We had the same issue this year. It's because that's what we're being taught. We've gotten away from a lot of things. Pulling the ball can be damn habitual for kids too. Our solution is to add lefty hitters to pull to the short porch. It's why we can't get clutch hits. It's why we watch fastballs middle-out.
    Which is why I was praying GoTro would take the Tulane job. Maybe GoTro learned from his mistakes and will reevaluate his methods this off season. Foxhall needs to figure his crap out too although I give him some slack since we had tons of injuries this year. Next year shit needs to be fixed though. All that natty goodwill has been used now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerVance View Post
    I do recall last season early in the year that it was being hyped how Geaut had been working with hatcher to get him to pull the ball more....What an idiot. Literally ruined the kids year screwing with his swing. Our coachin staff is awful in the development department. Not one kid outside of Cumbest improved this year. Total failure.
    I listened to GoTro on the radio before the lsu series. He mentioned that teams pitched us much different this year by going heavy off speed. It was like he was bamboozled that teams would adjust to our approach. Like it never crossed his mind it could happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well it bears pointing out that Hatcher plays CF for Kennesaw and we had a big black hole in CF this year. We even played Cumbest in CF some.
    Centerfield was as bad as shortstop. We used Cumbest and Kam James to attempt to stop the bleeding. Skinner/Davis/Corder/McGowan didn't get it done. Hatcher would have been a huge help in center.

vCash
    Call a spade a spade. The NC year job by staff was excellent, 2022 job was pathetic. Make tourney and I'd say hosting a regional is the standard. It wasn't long ago everyone said making a super regional was the goal every year. Boy we have slipped fast. Even some on here say we ain't that good of a baseball program. We are and we need to act like it.