Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Catcher tested hot for PEDs.

vCash

Tennessee Catcher tested hot for PEDs.

Hmmmm

vCash
    This is least surprising thing to come out of the first day of the tournament. The only surprising thing is that he was the only one caught.

vCash
    Lol

Is there a rule where more players are tested when one player fails?

vCash
    He ain’t the only one…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol

Rumor is they all are being tested tomorrow before their game. I will probably tune in and watch now. If they play really tight or start pressing I think we will have our answer on if there will be more positives. The funny thing is I can say I considered this an almost automatic guarantee that they would either be popped for PEDs or juiced bats before the tourney was over. And usually with PEDs, it is not an isolated incident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Rumor is they all are being tested tomorrow before their game. I will probably tune in and watch now. If they play really tight or start pressing I think we will have our answer on if there will be more positives. The funny thing is I can say I considered this an almost automatic guarantee that they would either be popped for PEDs or juiced bats before the tourney was over. And usually with PEDs, it is not an isolated incident.
    Bats have to be thoroughly tested before Omaha. There is a reason they went 0-2 last year when they got to that big stadium. They are doing nothing more than what Arkansas used to do when he was there. However Ark picked and chooses wknds they used them. TN used them the whole damn season. There is a reason they had like 40 more home runs than the 2nd nearest team…

vCash
    Lol

You still say he is best coach in NCAA?

vCash
    Link? Confirmed it's ped?

vCash
    How long does it take to flush out and not be detected? Just wondering if the other players tested tomorrow have time to get out of system, or does it take weeks to get out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    You still say he is best coach in NCAA?
    Yes, his results are outstanding. If it's proven he's cheated to get them, then yeah, I'll have to re-evaluate

vCash
    Yes, his results are outstanding. If it's proven he's cheated to get them, then yeah, I'll have to re-evaluate
    So far overall.... 0-2 in Omaha for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    So far overall.... 0-2 in Omaha for him.
    Yeah, that's sucks. The fact he took over a Tenn program that hadn't been in a regional in 14 years though, makes it impressive as hell he made it to the CWS. He followed that up with an sec championship. Now we gotta see how this season turns out

vCash
    I'm not surprised by this at all. He probably won't be the only one.

vCash
    Yeah, that's sucks. The fact he took over a Tenn program that hadn't been in a regional in 14 years though, makes it impressive as hell he made it to the CWS. He followed that up with an sec championship. Now we gotta see how this season turns out
    If they don't win it all I think you would
    have to classify this team as the biggest under achievers of all time. They've got a lot of pressure on them to win it all. Now conversely if they win it all they may go down as arguably the greatest college team of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If they don't win it all I think you would
    have to classify this team as the biggest under achievers of all time. They've got a lot of pressure on them to win it all. Now conversely if they win it all they may go down as arguably the greatest college team of all time.
    I think baseball playoffs (mlb and college) are a crap shoot. I think you should be judged as a coach on how you position yourself to succeed in the postseason more than how you actually do there. For example, I don't think the brave or state were the best teams in their league last year, but they got hot when it counted... I don't think lemonis or snit flipped that hot switch.

ETA... now if you lose in a regional/division series every year after being great all year, then yeah, that should me a mark against you
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-03-2022 at 06:19 PM.

vCash
    Almost sounds like Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss ……….

vCash
    So far, he sounds like Bianco in that regard*** He is a good coach, but something this year about his team is odd in the numbers they are putting up.
    Last edited by Santiago; 06-03-2022 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    I think baseball playoffs (mlb and college) are a crap shoot. I think you should be judged as a coach on how you position yourself to succeed in the postseason more than how you actually do there. For example, I don't think the brave or state were the best teams in their league last year, but they got hot when it counted... I don't think lemonis or snit flipped that hot switch.

ETA... now if you lose in a regional/division series every year after being great all year, then yeah, that should me a mark against you
    Maybe but you're still judged on winning championships. Winning a championship declares you as the best team that year regardless. Now if you want to say the most talented may not win it that's another story but the team that wins the NC is by definition the best team.

ETA Lemonis and Snits decision making put their teams in position to win a championship.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 06-03-2022 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Maybe but you're still judged on winning championships. Winning a championship declares you as the best team that year regardless. Now if you want to say the most talented may not win it that's another story but the team that wins the NC is by definition the best team.

ETA Lemonis and Snits decision making put their teams in position to win a championship.
    I agree. No way would I say he is best coach, one or two years they have been good. There is no team gonna dominate in the Sec, it’s way too competitive with a bunch of good teams and programs. Cheating is just a short cut to success, time will tell and maybe Tn will be exposed now.

vCash

So Bianco is great.... until he's not...