Thread: Qb tier

vCash

Qb tier

ESPN: Ranking all 131 college football quarterback situations in tiers.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...tuations-tiers

vCash
    About right

vCash
    I wonder about the QB tier within our own program.

It feels like Greek would be the odd man out. Even though he might be a good QB, Will is the experienced air raid guy and Sawyer and Braden were so highly-rated out of HS that they would be #2 and #3.

vCash
    Click on Will Rogers' name and it takes you to a photo of a South Carolina defensive lineman...smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    I wonder about the QB tier within our own program.

It feels like Greek would be the odd man out. Even though he might be a good QB, Will is the experienced air raid guy and Sawyer and Braden were so highly-rated out of HS that they would be #2 and #3.
    Greek is ahead of Sawyer.

vCash
    I see Darts name in the article.... shouldn't he first need to win the job??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Last year he was.

In spring practice this year, Sawyer was the 2nd team QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    It just feels like, unless Leach sees something very promising about Greek, it would be very difficult for him to see any game reps unless Sawyer transfers out, which is highly possible if Will plays out all of his eligibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I see Darts name in the article.... shouldn't he first need to win the job??
    Exactly. I was at their spring game, he was easily the 3rd best QB on the field. Appeared less mobile than Rogers and only threw bombs no matter the coverage. Was very inaccurate on short/medium range throws. Their USC TE transfer appears to be the real deal though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Exactly. I was at their spring game, he was easily the 3rd best QB on the field. Appeared less mobile than Rogers and only threw bombs no matter the coverage. Was very inaccurate on short/medium range throws. Their USC TE transfer appears to be the real deal though.
    Dart rushed for 1200 yards and 12 TDs as a senior, is listed as a dual threat q b and scouts mention he has good lower body strength and similar tools to Corrall as a passer and mobility. There is no way he is less mobile than Will.

I doubt he runs as well or as much as Corrall but he is supposed to be a good athlete.

vCash
    https://www.si.com/college/fsu/recru...it-sec-program

Didn't want to start a new thread, his parents are both MSU alumni.. be interesting if we get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Dart rushed for 1200 yards and 12 TDs as a senior, is listed as a dual threat q b and scouts mention he has good lower body strength and similar tools to Corrall as a passer and mobility. There is no way he is less mobile than Will.

I doubt he runs as well or as much as Corrall but he is supposed to be a good athlete.
    Just went back and looked at what I texted to Starkvegasdawg and another friend at halftime of their spring game. He was 4/15 for 67 yds and 2 ints including a pick 6 and was sacked 4 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

He struggled in spring. Not sure why you put up his HS stats. I mean he played at USC but not sure he was worth the fuss. He ain't matty Ice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    He struggled in spring. Not sure why you put up his HS stats. I mean he played at USC but not sure he was worth the fuss. He ain't matty Ice...
    I was addressing the comment he was more immobile than Will. He clearly is not. I hope he sucks as a q b but he does not have cement shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/fsu/recru...it-sec-program

Didn't want to start a new thread, his parents are both MSU alumni.. be interesting if we get him
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing

vCash

Yep, ESPN drops the ball once again

Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Click on Will Rogers' name and it takes you to a photo of a South Carolina defensive lineman...smh

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    nm
    Downvotes_Hype