Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New basketball portal commit. Jamel Horton

vCash

Soooo? what do we know about Mel Horton?

Our newest Portal commit for basketball?

vCash

New basketball portal commit. Jamel Horton

Jans just got another commit from the portal, Jamel averaged 12.8 ppg 3.4 rpg 3.9 apg as a gaurd for them. Not bad stats but I do worry about how these mid major guys with decent stats will translate to SEC basketball. Yes these mid major schools make runs in tournaments, but that takes alot of luck and getting hot.... they don't go through grueling SEC, ACC, Big Ten etc schedules.

Also makes me worry a little bit about Isiaih Mosley and his commitment. We have 2 spots left and one of those is probably for a stretch 4 guy.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 06-02-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    I just hope Jans is taking who he Really believes in and not having to settle due to not having enough gas money to even MAKE it to the Auction. I think some here may underestimate NM State's competition meaning Jans may not need as much transitional learning as you think.

vCash
    Didn't see you started this already. Can a mod combine the threads

vCash
    This guy is strictly playing PG. Not related to Mosely... we are in running for a stretch 4 that will be a starter too.

vCash
    This^

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    This guy is strictly playing PG. Not related to Mosely... we are in running for a stretch 4 that will be a starter too.
    Gonna battle with Davis to start?

vCash
    Yep and Both guys are good players that embrace defense. We need 2 PGs in this system and this gives us 2 quality players. Shak is going to be a 2 off the bench for us, and not have to play PG.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Yep and Both guys are good players that embrace defense. We need 2 PGs in this system and this gives us 2 quality players. Shak is going to be a 2 off the bench for us, and not have to play PG.
    If Shak is coming off the bench then we should be pretty good next year lol

vCash
    If we get the 4 we are after, I think we can compete to win the league.

vCash
    Shak off the bench? I wouldnt say that just yet. Obviously none of us know the lineups yet but how do you figure that? And who do you have starting at the 2 ahead of Shak? If Davis starts at point he can't shoot 18% from 3 and 65% from the line for us like he did last year.

Some of you guys sound a little more excited about these transfer portal guys than me.. Im not saying they are bad players at all... they all seem solid, but If you look around the league outside of our program there are some studs out there in our conference.. other than Tolu I don't see that on our team just yet... if we can somehow get Mosley I'll feel a little more comfortable. I do however think this team will be hard nosed and tough no matter who we have because that's Jans' style

vCash
    Emmanuel Akot?

vCash
    I like your confidence but we were just picked to finish 13th in the 247 SEC way too early predictions a couple of days ago.. That all may change if we do get Mosley and a guy like Akot or a Keion Brooks from Kentucky but that's hard to see right this minute with what we have

vCash
    Like button.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I like your confidence but we were just picked to finish 13th in the 247 SEC way too early predictions a couple of days ago.. That all may change if we do get Mosley and a guy like Akot or a Keion Brooks from Kentucky but that's hard to see right this minute with what we have
    I?d bet 3 of my 7 kids that we wouldn?t even finish 13th in the SEC with our current roster & we?re going to add a few more good players.
    Last edited by 662dawg; 06-03-2022 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    Who dis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I?d bet 3 of my 7 kids that we wouldn?t even finish 13th in the SEC with our current roster & we?re going to add a few more good players.
    Lol, man don't say that. We all know how unpredictable sports can be. I'm sure you would have made that same bet that our baseball team wouldn't finish dead last in the SEC before the season started wouldn't you? Regardless, I have faith in Jans coaching style and I do love that he is bringing in these defensive tough nosed guys. But we still need a guy that can go get a bucket for us at any given moment, we don't have that yet but may be getting it soon.

vCash
    So you're looking to downsize.

vCash
    Easy to bet kids when you have 7 haha

For real though, 7 kids is impressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    For real though, 7 kids is impressive
    I can’t imagine. I was on the brink of doing a do-it-yourself vasectomy after being informed #4 was happening
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is