Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Same here

My guess, any four star or higher will hold out till the very last day for the highest bidder.....thanks to NIL. I expect many of the “verbals” to flip also for the right price
    Basically. They need to just create a professional minor league and be done with it. They aren’t student athletes any longer. College athletics needs to go back to a true amateur league that doesn’t give scholarships and requires the student to already be actively enrolled in school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Basically. They need to just create a professional minor league and be done with it. They aren’t student athletes any longer. College athletics needs to go back to a true amateur league that doesn’t give scholarships and requires the student to already be actively enrolled in school.
    I’d support that. They are ruining the last watchable sport.

vCash
    Not gonna be many 4 star players this cycle unless some get reevaluated.

vCash
    4 star players have been getting paid and doing this for the last 30 + years. When boosters were formed so were paid players. Fault boosters instead of teenagers if you have problems with players being paid.

vCash
    College football is dying. It's the fault of the schools. They built this money hungry machine. Paying coaches ridiculous money and now athletes. But guess what. We all loved it. So stop bitching. I accept we'd forever suck in football years ago. Sure, we could have a year or two, but it was a rigged system and still is. Now, we've got no shot a big years anymore. The SEC is about to be so strong that we're just here to collect a check for as long as that lasts.
    It's why I can't understand paying for recruiting info. We're about to sign a good Sunbelt class, with a few solid AAC players, and few good SEC players. We'll find a couple gems on the DL or OL. It's pretty much what we are.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-18-2022 at 08:47 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    College football is dying. It's the fault of the schools. They built this money hungry machine. Paying coaches ridiculous money and now athletes. But guess what. We all loved it. So stop bitching. I accept we'd forever suck in football years ago. Sure, we could have a year or two, but it was a rigged system and still is. Now, we've got no shot a big years anymore. The SEC is about to be so strong that we're just here to collect a check for as long as that lasts.
    It's why I can't understand paying for recruiting info. We're about to sign a good Sunbelt class, with a few solid AAC players, and few good SEC players. We'll find a couple gems on the DL or OL. It's pretty much what we are.
    I fear this also. If we become the Washington Generals vs. the Harlem Globetrotters where the outcome is always certain, our 55 year streak of buying season tickets will soon end ( Bulldog Club dues & 8 to 12 tickets). Will watch on tv. Will be like USFL. No fans needed in person, just tv programming. Feels bad.

vCash
    Our last two commits are unranked at this time. Anyone got an estimate where their ranking will land?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Our last two commits are unranked at this time. Anyone got an estimate where their ranking will land?
    will it matter in the end 😕

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    will it matter in the end 😕
    Not really, but sometimes a needed starting point. I really like us hitting MS hard, especially if we are filling needs and can complete, rather than becoming a very heavy portal program. I feel we need a healthy balance and the NIL world really has me worried. Hail State!

vCash
    I stopped worrying about this years ago, and it removed a lot of stress 😩

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    will it matter in the end ��
    Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 06-18-2022 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    Not really, but sometimes a needed starting point. I really like us hitting MS hard, especially if we are filling needs and can complete, rather than becoming a very heavy portal program. I feel we need a healthy balance and the NIL world really has me worried. Hail State!
    These MS kids don't get the ratings unless they go to certain showcase camps . Judging from their stats they're legitimate SEC players. Ratings mean nothing especially wi th the use of the portal. We racked up with 4 stars probably more than the initial high-school class. The team will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    These MS kids don't get the ratings unless they go to certain showcase camps . Judging from their stats they're legitimate SEC players. Ratings mean nothing especially wi th the use of the portal. We racked up with 4 stars probably more than the initial high-school class. The team will be fine.
    Thanks, always appreciate your viewpoint.

vCash
    This is correct information.

vCash
    The Aboram kid can play. Really really good player. Can play WR or DB. He will need a lot of reps bc all they do at oak grove is play man but he will get there. Sneaky great get

vCash
    I fear this also. If we become the Washington Generals vs. the Harlem Globetrotters where the outcome is always certain, our 55 year streak of buying season tickets will soon end ( Bulldog Club dues & 8 to 12 tickets). Will watch on tv. Will be like USFL. No fans needed in person, just tv programming. Feels bad.
    Yep. What we have right now is what you would get in the NFL without parity rules and no budget cap. It’s why they instituted policy to keep things competitive. College athletics will eventually have to do the same thing. It will probably come in the form of restricting the number of players with NIL contracts a team can keep on roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The Aboram kid can play. Really really good player. Can play WR or DB. He will need a lot of reps bc all they do at oak grove is play man but he will get there. Sneaky great get
    I think he's a DB. But you're right, he can play. Great ball skills.

vCash
    Their instate rankings is what I look at. Kids ranked from 10-25 instate have been the norm for a long time now, correct. This kid looks like a keeper.

vCash
    Yep. What we have right now is what you would get in the NFL without parity rules and no budget cap. It’s why they instituted policy to keep things competitive. College athletics will eventually have to do the same thing. It will probably come in the form of restricting the number of players with NIL contracts a team can keep on roster.
    On the table or under the table?

Maybe we should we should just talk a lot more about commandments 8 and 10.