Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Offered as a WR. We offered a lot of WRs. Be interesting to see how that washes out. Not a lot of P5 offers for many so far. Hubbard got a DB offer from AL last week though.
    He wont be going to either one then. USM will offer him as a QB and that will be it

vCash
    One of the Petro brothers ?Emil? was killed in an automotive accident when he was a student. My dad taught him physics. They were from Leland. Another Petro is a huge Gastro Dr in Jackson as is his youngest daughter. His oldest daughter is a plastic surgeon in Bham. And is 🔥🔥🔥.

vCash
    So, any news from the TOP DOG camp?

vCash
    Has anyone seen Brayson Hubbard play ? He probably has the most impressive hi light film I can recall seeing. Kid is an unbelievable runner with incredible passing skills. No wonder Bama offered him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Has anyone seen Brayson Hubbard play ? He probably has the most impressive hi light film I can recall seeing. Kid is an unbelievable runner with incredible passing skills. No wonder Bama offered him.
    They offered him as a DB. We offered him as a WR.

He's not an SEC QB, but he is an SEC athlete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    They offered him as a DB. We offered him as a WR.

He's not an SEC QB, but he is an SEC athlete.
    He’s got some moves, I would hope he wants to stay on offense. His passing looked great on film. Now that Bama and state have offered I’ll bet he picks up a ton of offers. Somebody will promise him he can play q b , a Nebraska or a Rutgers.

*sorry didn’t see above comments
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 06-12-2022 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    I?ve seen him play just about every Ocean Springs home game the last couple years. He is damn fast and has very good vision. He has a great arm but not sure it?s SEC. He?s been committed to USM for baseball for at least a year now. I?m not sure if he?s looking to play both sports or not. I might agree with the other poster that said not SEC qb but definitely SEC athlete. Pretty sure his brother and sister are at State now.

ETA: I will add that he is a very tough player. He is not afraid to get hit and I?ve seen him play through injuries. His improvement at qb from last season to this past season was huge so I?m curious to see how much he improves next season also.
    Last edited by TimberBeast; 06-12-2022 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    I?ve seen him play just about every Ocean Springs home game the last couple years. He is damn fast and has very good vision. He has a great arm but not sure it?s SEC. He?s been committed to USM for baseball for at least a year now. I?m not sure if he?s looking to play both sports or not. I might agree with the other poster that said not SEC qb but definitely SEC athlete. Pretty sure his brother and sister are at State now.
    I can’t understand why they won’t look at him as a q b based on his film. There are,plenty of running q b s who can’t throw it near as well as this kid....or run like this kid. I would be surprised if he doesn’t get offered by P5 schools as a q b, his recruiting should heat up. Of course I’d rather see him as a receiver at State than as a q b at Nebraska or Kansas State.

He doesn’t just have great speed but he’s got moves like an elite running back.

vCash
    I can’t understand why they won’t look at him as a q b based on his film. There are,plenty of running q b s who can’t throw it near as well as this kid....or run like this kid. I would be surprised if he doesn’t get offered by P5 schools as a q b, his recruiting should heat up. Of course I’d rather see him as a receiver at State than as a q b at Nebraska or Kansas State.

If he has moves like that then moving him to slot WR could be a great career move for him. Like Bellichick taking a college QB and making them into a slot WR.

vCash

He doesn't have a single P5 offer to play QB right now. He's basically Plumlee.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He doesn't have a single P5 offer to play QB right now. He's basically Plumlee.
    Pretty accurate. Bigger. Plays in a weaker region too. I wasnt sold on him till they played OG. He is good.

vCash
    Should add a DB next week.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post

ETA: I will add that he is a very tough player. He is not afraid to get hit and I?ve seen him play through injuries. His improvement at qb from last season to this past season was huge so I?m curious to see how much he improves next season also.
    So would be perfect if we go back and hire Dan?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Huh?

vCash
    I have no idea why this posted as sensitive material. It’s literally his graphic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    That kid would be perfect for dans offense

vCash
    All I know about 2023 recruiting is what I get here and free info from Genes Page. I know it is early on rankings but almost none of our "targets" are 4 stars. That being said is it a down year in Mississippi or is NIL killing us with higher targets? Thanks and Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    All I know about 2023 recruiting is what I get here and free info from Genes Page. I know it is early on rankings but almost none of our "targets" are 4 stars. That being said is it a down year in Mississippi or is NIL killing us with higher targets? Thanks and Hail State!
    Same here

My guess, any four star or higher will hold out till the very last day for the highest bidder.....thanks to NIL. I expect many of the “verbals” to flip also for the right price