Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

5 Star, 2023 Kicker from Texas to keep an eye out on......Michael Petro

Since this is a 2023 recruiting discussion thread, I have a name to throw out there, a kicker named Michael Petro from Flower Mound High school in Flower Mound, Texas. My nephew plays for Plano High School in Plano, Texas which is a rival to Flower Mound.

I know we are not enamored by kicking recruits, but seeing how horrible our kicking has been the past years several years, my ears went up when my brother in law told me about this kid who apparently has ties to Mississippi state.

Michael Petro is a senior who is supposedly a stud. 5?9? , 180 pounds of solid muscle. My brother in law said he reminds him of Jeff Walker, our old kicker/punter from the late 1990?s who was not afraid to kick/punt, and then run down the field and knock someone?s head off.

Flower Mound?s coaches played seniority favorites to another kicker last season, and would not let Petro kick until halfway through his junior season. Petro only missed one field goal last season and that was due to a bad snap. He was perfect on PAT?s.

My BIL knows Michael?s dad. Great family with ties to Mississippi State. I believe both of Michael?s uncles who were from the Mississippi Delta played for us in the 1970?s. Petro recently received an upgraded ranking from the Kohl's kicking academy, where he moved up to #9 in the country.

He is currently working out at kicking camps for Big 12 schools this week, one of whom is Oklahoma. He is supposed to be in Starkville at our camp next Friday, June 10. I will be interested to see if he is actually kicking in Starkville next weekend, and will be interested to see if we have any interest in him. There is not a lot of information out there about him on many recruiting web sites.

vCash
    One of the Petro brothers ?Emil? was killed in an automotive accident when he was a student. My dad taught him physics. They were from Leland. Another Petro is a huge Gastro Dr in Jackson as is his youngest daughter. His oldest daughter is a plastic surgeon in Bham. And is 🔥🔥🔥.