Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We’re not way behind at all.
    You know, it's been a bit since we've had a good ole fashioned football recruiting freakout. Might as well start now.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I don't know how anybody can spin a positive out of not having any 2024 commitments. Are we freaking out, no. But when all of your peers in the SEC have at least one commitment and quite a few have multiples, then yes, there is going to be a little bit of nervousness. And as far as I remember this is the first time we have been without a commitment at this point in time. We all know that MSU's margin of error is super tight and something like this can send the wrong perception. Basically, it's probably just a case of bad optics but it sure can make the average Dawg fan sweat..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    I don't know how anybody can spin a positive out of not having any 2024 commitments. Are we freaking out, no. But when all of your peers in the SEC have at least one commitment and quite a few have multiples, then yes, there is going to be a little bit of nervousness. And as far as I remember this is the first time we have been without a commitment at this point in time. We all know that MSU's margin of error is super tight and something like this can send the wrong perception. Basically, it's probably just a case of bad optics but it sure can make the average Dawg fan sweat..
    Careful youll rile up the gatekeepers. Theyll quote reply to this every time we get a recruit cause we had a mElTdOwN

vCash
    If this had happened under Mike Leach, we would have 10 plus threads on how lazy he is as a recruiter and how he?s spending too much time in the Keys.

vCash
    It's a new staff and we just came off the dead period. We got some dumb 17s posting over here these days.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Careful youll rile up the gatekeepers. Theyll quote reply to this every time we get a recruit cause we had a mElTdOwN
    You don't understand who you're defending. This board exists outside this thread.

Though this guy is mainly staying here because he at least has someone making him feel seen and heard. Because everyone else is tired of it.

He's the type of person who's only happiness comes from being right. He doesn't actually enjoy state winning at anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    If this had happened under Mike Leach, we would have 10 plus threads on how lazy he is as a recruiter and how he?s spending too much time in the Keys.
    U think CZA will even win a game? How many seasons will the new AD allow this to continue? You gotta inject your powder blue and help out.

vCash
    I'm hopeful that Arnett has learned enough from Mike Leach that he will do well, but going from Air Raid to pro style is not a good first step.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You don't understand who you're defending. This board exists outside this thread.

Though this guy is mainly staying here because he at least has someone making him feel seen and heard. Because everyone else is tired of it.

He's the type of person whose only happiness comes from being right. He doesn't actually enjoy state winning at anything.
    Im not defending anyone in particular. Ive just noticed recently theres a few posters who call anyone who questions anything with football dumb and I dont understand it. just look up 3 posts, zero recruits in March and if you question that at all youre called a dumb fu*k? Nah ppl like that need to get out their own ass

vCash
    Mike Leach would've locked KB in a shed for being a whining little guy with a fat little girlfriend.

vCash
    He couldn't tote Mike's jock

vCash
    I wonder what Mike would tell those of you who believe running the ball is more important than passing it?

vCash
    so many questions. i do hope you get the help you need.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I went and checked. Nearly every one of the players (except vandy, 2 three stars) committed to virtually all the SEC programs are 4 stars. We have 0 commits. We are behind. JMO.
    You ask & you receive

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    If we had even 1 I dont think Id be worried but in recruiting it feels like the gap between 0 and 2/3 is greater than 3 and 10. Again maybe NIL has changed this where you just field a bunch of offers and commit later but it doesnt look good right now. And the same posters who just flip out when someone brings up something that does not seem to be going well is getting old.
    You can stop worrying now

vCash
    woah woah woah.

I was told that we would never get a blue chip QB ever again because we promoted Meathead Arnett as our Head Coach and he dared to stray from the path of the Air Raid.

How is it then possible for there to be 4-stars next to a QB that committed to us?

Make it make sense.

vCash
    We're getting back to the QB archetype we recruited under Dan. Whether that's good or bad is yet to be seen. As always with those types of kids it will come down to how well they develop as a passer. If they can they have the chance to be special. If not at worst you have a Chris Relf or Nick Fitzgerald.

vCash
    Damn, a 4 star QB. But, but, but Leach
    LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Damn, a 4 star QB. But, but, but Leach
    LOL
    There it is. Knew he wouldnt be able to resist lol