Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Why? He is wrong. There is an OL there with offers from us, Ole miss, Auburn, and FSU
    We sure that any of those are commitable?

vCash
    they sure didn't look too committable when the houston hilltoppers eliminated them. Houston has an OL with a committable offer. Echols is the name and he has the feet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    We sure that any of those are commitable?
    Prob not all of them. The incorrect statement was there is no SEC talent there.

The ganging up on one poster by this group of like 3-4 guys is honestly more annoying than the doom and gloomer. Just a weird circle jerk those guys have going on.

This staff is very inexperienced and has done nothing to date to show us anything (not that they have done anything wrong yet or have had the opportunity) but its valid to be concerned on our slow start for 2024. I do not recall any year we did not have a commitment in March.

Banned
    vCash
    Prob not all of them. The incorrect statement was there is no SEC talent there.

The ganging up on one poster by this group of like 3-4 guys is honestly more annoying than the doom and gloomer. Just a weird circle jerk those guys have going on.

This staff is very inexperienced and has done nothing to date to show us anything (not that they have done anything wrong yet or have had the opportunity) but its valid to be concerned on our slow start for 2024. I do not recall any year we did not have a commitment in March.
    This guy has done nothing since he got banned on genespage but come over here and spread negativity in every single thread and talk down a coaching staff that is currently undefeated after dealing with one of the toughest coaching situations possible.

Everyone's fed up and wants him gone. It's not productive to say 3 months into a tenure that your ****ing recruiting expectations at Mississippi State aren't being met. Especially when Arnett closed a 2023 class incredibly well and beat lane train out. Just overall stupid.

vCash
    Rep the Tater

vCash
    I have personally seen Arnett in Fulton with my own eyes, before and since signing day. Some of our fans are just screaming at the sky.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 03-07-2023 at 08:33 AM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I have personally seen Arnett in Fulton with my own eyes, before and since signing day. Some of our fans are just screaming at the sky.
    Mississippi State offered Autry over a year ago and he had built good relationships with the former staff in Starkville. With a new staff at Mississippi State, Autry said there hasn't been a lot of communication so far.

"It was going pretty good with State but I have not heard from their new staff in a minute," said Autry. "I keep in contact with Coach (Matt) Brock and I talked to him not long ago. But that has been about it."
    He says it right there.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    He says it right there.
    So, you truly believe that the reason that the "top O-lineman in the State" hasn't heard from our new staff in what 2-3 months, is because they're lazy...and not because they probably don't think he's that good of a player?? They really didn't even have time to send a text or call a player that they feel could be a starting SEC OT, who lives in our home state??? ...got ya

vCash
    So, you truly believe that the reason that the "top O-lineman in the State" hasn't heard from our new staff in what 2-3 months, is because they're lazy...and not because they probably don't think he's that good of a player?? They really didn't even have time to send a text or call a player that they feel could be a starting SEC OT, who lives in our home state??? ...got ya
    I think their reputations as recruiters and this idea that they are so much better than the staff from last year has been inflated.

vCash
    I think their reputations as recruiters and this idea that they are so much better than the staff from last year has been inflated.
    So, you think a standing SEC Head Football Coach, who's making $3mm a year, and can't win football games, and hence keep his job, without a solid offensive line...is either oblivious or okay with the fact that his Oline coaches haven't really contacted the "best Olineman in the State" (notice the quotes)?

vCash
    The truth is we won?t truly know how well this staff is doing in recruiting until the end of summer. If we get to the end of the summer and there are 5 commits, yeah, time to panic.

vCash
    So, you think a standing SEC Head Football Coach, who's making $3mm a year, and can't win football games, and hence keep his job, without a solid offensive line...is either oblivious or okay with the fact that his Oline coaches haven't really contacted the "best Olineman in the State" (notice the quotes)?
    This same head coach decided to scrap the Air Raid and go with a run oriented pro style scheme, so yeah. I think there is some ignorance at play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    The truth is we won?t truly know how well this staff is doing in recruiting until the end of summer. If we get to the end of the summer and there are 5 commits, yeah, time to panic.
    Is it common in the new NIL era for commitments to wait that long? Im seriously asking I dont know.

I cant recall ever sitting in March and not having a single commitment, and it seems like with us we always have one or two guys in early that help recruit the rest of the class and we dont have that now. Maybe NIL has completely changed that, idk.

vCash
    This same head coach decided to scrap the Air Raid and go with a run oriented pro style scheme, so yeah. I think there is some ignorance at play.
    What does one thing have to do with the other? You think the entire coaching staff is "ignorant" of Autry? They seem to be VERY aware of every other top recruit in the state. Your logic...is really not that logical
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 03-07-2023 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    Is it common in the new NIL era for commitments to wait that long? Im seriously asking I dont know.

I cant recall ever sitting in March and not having a single commitment, and it seems like with us we always have one or two guys in early that help recruit the rest of the class and we dont have that now. Maybe NIL has completely changed that, idk.
    I get all my recruiting news here or the free info on genespage. If you look at our list of top 35 targets on 24/7, only about 3 are "warm" to us. I know it ism early, but I am worried. Other programs have several commits.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I get all my recruiting news here or the free info on genespage. If you look at our list of top 35 targets on 24/7, only about 3 are "warm" to us. I know it ism early, but I am worried. Other programs have several commits.
    Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We’re not way behind at all.

vCash
    Well all I can say is my nephew 2025 OT met with both HC and OC within the past month and asked them specifically about run vs AR and they both immediately told him to keep working on pass blocking with a moderate split. Take it for what it is worth …… I got the impression we were going to be more balanced but still pass first from the 30 minutes I sat in with them all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We’re not way behind at all.
    I went and checked. Nearly every one of the players (except vandy, 2 three stars) committed to virtually all the SEC programs are 4 stars. We have 0 commits. We are behind. JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I went and checked. Nearly every one of the players (except vandy, 2 three stars) committed to virtually all the SEC programs are 4 stars. We have 0 commits. We are behind. JMO.
    ......and Fred Clark, LB from Winona, who was considered a MSU lean has committed to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Half of the SEC have 3 or few commits. 10 of the 14 SEC teams have 4 or less. We?re not way behind at all.
    If we had even 1 I dont think Id be worried but in recruiting it feels like the gap between 0 and 2/3 is greater than 3 and 10. Again maybe NIL has changed this where you just field a bunch of offers and commit later but it doesnt look good right now. And the same posters who just flip out when someone brings up something that does not seem to be going well is getting old.
    Last edited by DEDawg; 03-07-2023 at 03:42 PM.