Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Recruiting is not great. We've still got a couple players on the board but one of those is likely headed OOS. We're circling back to players we passed on earlier now. This staff has to do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Recruiting is not great. We've still got a couple players on the board but one of those is likely headed OOS. We're circling back to players we passed on earlier now. This staff has to do better.
    I am choosing to ignore this because we are kicking ass this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Is this a coaches problem or and NIL problem?

vCash
    Seen a couple folks saying they were on campus today that are mid tier 3 star guys.

Anyone know of any other fairly big names that were on campus today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Seen a couple folks saying they were on campus today that are mid tier 3 star guys.

I highly doubt it for 2023
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

All I know is what I read here or on Genespage. Top targets on Genespage show only Smith, a 4* getting attention from GA & LSU and his Dad played at OM and just 3 others mid-threes or a little better only warm to us. Hope there is a lot we don't know about going on as we are ranked #41 with an average of .8731 per player today. Hail State! Update: Per free article on Genespage, we had 3 players on official visits against AR, 2 MSU commits and a 4 star FL commit, athlete, we are trying to flip.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 10-09-2022 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    All I know is what I read here or on Genespage. Top targets on Genespage show only Smith, a 4* getting attention from GA & LSU and his Dad played at OM and just 3 others mid-threes or a little better only warm to us. Hope there is a lot we don't know about going on as we are ranked #41 with an average of .8731 per player today. Hail State! Update: Per free article on Genespage, we had 3 players on official visits against AR, 2 MSU commits and a 4 star FL commit, athlete, we are trying to flip.
    I see that the Florida kid is from Gainesville lol. No chance we get him.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    We are going to have to hit the portal hard next year.

vCash
    I may just retire from following recruiting.

I spent way too much time in my youth following it, and its pretty clear that with the portal what you sign may not be on your roster in 18 months, so what is the point.

Plus, Leach has proven he can beat the A&M's of the world despite them being ranked ahead of us by 25 spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

I spent way too much time in my youth following it, and its pretty clear that with the portal what you sign may not be on your roster in 18 months, so what is the point.

Plus, Leach has proven he can beat the A&M's of the world despite them being ranked ahead of us by 25 spots.
    Yep, why I let me Genespage subscription expire a couple of years ago. Add what you said combined with how crazy and ridiculous some of these kids are now and how they handle their process, I just don't give a shit anymore. I'll check and see who we ink on signing day from HailState.

vCash
    Dante Dowdell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post

Yeah I've kinda quit keeping up with it. I used to follow it religiously. We seem to get similar players every year though no matter who the coach is and we've proved we can compete, especially with Leach. That being said I would love to see us fill our rosters with 4 and 5 star players, but the drama keeping up with these kids is just to much. I just look to see who we sign or I'll keep up with a kid if I know him personally. That and the portal is just as important as signing day now and can change a team instantly with portal kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I've kinda quit keeping up with it. I used to follow it religiously. We seem to get similar players every year though no matter who the coach is and we've proved we can compete, especially with Leach. That being said I would love to see us fill our rosters with 4 and 5 star players, but the drama keeping up with these kids is just to much. I just look to see who we sign or I'll keep up with a kid if I know him personally. That and the portal is just as important as signing day now and can change a team instantly with portal kids.
    True, especially the ways stars are assigned to players now. We have a great defense now made up of two and three star players and a few portal players. Same can be said about our offensive line and our entire team overall.

vCash
    What's really telling is according to 247, we have like 25 4 star players. 11 of those are Freshmen be it True or RS. If we keep that going, we will have on average what 44ish 4 stars?

True, especially the ways stars are assigned to players now. We have a great defense now made up of two and three star players and a few portal players.
    I know of a kid right now that is a beast in 6A that never comes off the field and they are 7-0. He's a RB and he plays SS, Kick return, kick coverage...etc. A friend was talking to me about him when I was there for a visit and sent me the links to him and stats this weekend. Runs a 4.55. 6'0 and 185.

Kid had 6 TDs 2 weeks ago. 5 catching it out of the backfield, one pick 6 and he forced a fumble. He's also 3 time state wrestling champ. Last year averaged over 10 yards per carry...etc

HIS 247 ranking is nothing. I mean 100% nothing. They have his height wrong, no photo, weight wrong. Just blank.

vCash
    Until the NIL is somewhat policed and the transfer portal rule is fixed.. high school recruiting has never been more irrelevant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Until the NIL is somewhat policed and the transfer portal rule is fixed.. high school recruiting has never been more irrelevant
    Bingo

vCash
    Yep. Don't have a good draft(signing day) you just go to the free agent market(portal).

vCash
    So do you think we are changing our recruiting goals to rely more on the portal? On 24/7 we are currently #40, 15 commits with 2 barely rated 4 stars. There are 28 teams ahead of us at this point with at least 19 HS commits. How many spots do you expect us to save for the portal? Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Dante Dowdell
    He is a RB, #4 rated player in MS, .9240, committed to Oregon since 5/13/22. Many big offers, but we only offered last week? Interest from him now? If we keep winning, may have more interest from several more players maybe committed elsewhere. Hail State!

vCash
    He is a RB, #4 rated player in MS, .9240, committed to Oregon since 5/13/22. Many big offers, but we only offered last week? Interest from him now? If we keep winning, may have more interest from several more players maybe committed elsewhere. Hail State!
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Winning is like Christmas, it puts all kinds of things under the tree.