Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Louisville hasn?t been a haven of recruiting success for MSU over the years.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Genes Page article (members only) says we are interested in flipping Gabriel Moore (edge), Troy commit (unrated) from Louisville. Anyone seen him play or have info?
    I?ve seen him twice in game action now and will see him again in a couple weeks. He looked like a man amongst boys last year as a junior. I?ve wondered why he hasn?t blown up more

vCash
    #5 for Northwest CC is a Louisville guy also. Hibbler is his name. I think he's worth a look as well.

vCash
    Another week passes with no new info to be shared. Crickets.

vCash
    Another week passes with no new info to be shared. Crickets.
    Not much going on right now

vCash
    Another week passes and we have dropped to #41, with 3 "warm" remaining prospects on our Top 22 Targets on 24/7, Genes Page. Any news, rumors out there?

vCash
    Another week passes and we have dropped to #41, with 3 "warm" remaining prospects on our Top 22 Targets on 24/7, Genes Page. Any news, rumors out there?
    It looks like we are the heavy favorite for Isaac Smith. Other than that, I'm not sure we have more news.

vCash
    The state of MS is as devoid of prospects as it has been in a long time, but still, our recruiting right now leaves a lot to be desired for sure.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Per 24/7, we have now dropped to 42. Our ranking per player is .8725. There are only 11 teams ahead of us with a lower per player ranking, but they have more commits. We have several high 3's, but no one who is a .90 or better even though 2 round off as 4 stars. Smith is a .92 something, will be a great get at safety. I sure hope there are targets we don't know about and that we finish strong. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-28-2022 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    We have three silent four star commits. We have a five star who we have planted as a flip.*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We have three silent four star commits. We have a five star who we have planted as a flip.*****
    Can you PM me the names? I promise not to post or tell.********

vCash
    Doug Buckles is one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    The state of MS is as devoid of prospects as it has been in a long time, but still, our recruiting right now leaves a lot to be desired for sure.
    And that being said OM has commitments from #'s 1,2, & 5 in this year's MS HS class. I'm sure all 3 were in "we didn't want them anyway" status. They have 11 commits to our 15 but seem to be committed to live or die using the portal. We have dropped to #42, OM #44.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    It looks like we are the heavy favorite for Isaac Smith. Other than that, I'm not sure we have more news.
    I have a little inside on this one and I wouldn't call us a heavy fav, at all.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    OM just got a commit from a .92 safety from TX. They jumped to #30 with 12 commits to our 15 and we have dropped to #43. Their avg per player is .9017 to our .8725. Smith is visiting again this weekend. Maybe OM getting the TX safety will help with his joining us. He is a 4 star and safety is a position of need for us.Hail State!!

vCash
    UGA flew in last week and he got a LSU offer last Friday......He's a UM legacy too so there's that.......They tend to keep their legacies more in the family than we do.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    UGA flew in last week and he got a LSU offer last Friday......He's a UM legacy too so there's that.......They tend to keep their legacies more in the family than we do.......
    Well I'm just going by what our recruiting "experts" are saying.

I hope they are right this time.

vCash
    OM just got a commit from a .92 safety from TX. They jumped to #30 with 12 commits to our 15 and we have dropped to #43. Their avg per player is .9017 to our .8725. Smith is visiting again this weekend. Maybe OM getting the TX safety will help with his joining us. He is a 4 star and safety is a position of need for us.Hail State!!
    Ole Miss Recruiting budget is 3 times ours. We are last in SEC when it comes to recruiting budgets except for Vandy and about 50th in NCAA. This isnt including NIL money.

vCash
    We got to hit the portal hard this offseason. I think there will be some 4 and 5 stars from A$M available.

vCash
    We will need Portal and a huge jump on 2024