Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    That's next door to me - I'll make sure he gets to campus.... Do we ever put a kicker on schollie ? Do other schools put a kicker on scholarship ? Just seems to me that it is such an important position that it would be wise to target and offer the premium kickers .... caveat - I may have this wrong but I just don't know.
    Anyway - welcome aboard Carson
    Most are put on scholarship if they do well and become starters. We have given a few full rides in the past if they were very highly coveted out of HS.

vCash
    I have heard that he will be on a full academic scholarship.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Any word on Parson ? He was supposed to announce today
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    He’s committed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Any word on Parson ? He was supposed to announce today
    Yep, we got him.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...e/10308036002/

vCash
    Awesome... it's gonna be fun watching the emergence of our next QB after Will ... I think Will is gonna get the job done this year and next but it's a cool thing to know we have Sawyer and Chris waiting on their shot ... welcome aboard Chris and Hail State
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Film room is filling up with QB?s, and good ones at that. Competition should be tremendous, but we will almost certainly lose some to the portal as it all plays out. Have we ever had this much QB talent on/coming to campus in the history of our program?!

vCash
    Crocker, Brown and Parson....we are putting a dent in Tennessee. All three of those guys are four star talents.

vCash
    3 four star QBs in a row for Leach. That's how you build a QB room

vCash
    Bellazar got a big bump yesterday. Now the #4 overall juco in the country and the #2 juco WR.

Obviously early but we currently sit at #35 in the team rankings. We've got guys we are still on that can move the needle like Isaac Smith, Santana Fleming, and Caleb Bryant.

Hopefully Parson sets the stage for us to get some others on board.

vCash
    Those three names would round this class out nicely. Add a few more from here and there and then the portal giveth and taketh season. I truly believe State's roster will be able to compete with all but the very elite teams for the foreseeable future especially if the NIL deals level off a bit.

Why do I think that? I look at the lowest rated guys and think... Dang these guys are 6' 2-4" 180 -205 lbs and as athletic as hell but are ranked an 84-85? Then you look at their HS careers and they are playing QB or WR and will be playing a different position in college. They may need some time to learn the position but they possess the size and athleticism of the 4 star level players.

vCash
    Need some strong hits in recruiting for the interior DL. Take the seniors off and look at the depth chart. We need two strong HS signees and two portal guys for balance.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Need some strong hits in recruiting for the interior DL. Take the seniors off and look at the depth chart. We need two strong HS signees and two portal guys for balance.
    Pickering likely returns next year & Jevon Banks are 2 guys who can play just not a lot of P/T available. We’ll still be fine next year. If Pickering decides not to come back then you get a transfer.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    How do we get a #1 overall WR take the top off type of talent in the Air Raid? I want to see our staff get the next Amari Cooper or Megatron type of guy. Heck, I would take a Debo Samual guy. How do we make inroads on the top of the top WRs?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    How do we get a #1 overall WR take the top off type of talent in the Air Raid? I want to see our staff get the next Amari Cooper or Megatron type of guy. Heck, I would take a Debo Samual guy. How do we make inroads on the top of the top WRs?
    Actually putting guys in the NFL would help. MSU nor Leach have a history of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yeah we gotta put some guys in the NFL first. No one cares about the air raid if it doesn't get you to the league

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Pickering likely returns next year & Jevon Banks are 2 guys who can play just not a lot of P/T available. We’ll still be fine next year. If Pickering decides not to come back then you get a transfer.
    Pickering returning would be huge, but we would still lack any experienced depth. Also, is Banks up to carrying the load? He seems small. Finally, experience has shown that transfers typically take half a season to acclimate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Actually putting guys in the NFL would help. MSU nor Leach have a history of that.
    Not really. Just a hell of a NIL deal. You pay 5 Star, top rated WR 1 million to come play for your team and he WILL make it to the NFL regardless of where he is playing. With the NIL any team can get just about anyone for the right $$$.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Not really. Just a hell of a NIL deal. You pay 5 Star, top rated WR 1 million to come play for your team and he WILL make it to the NFL regardless of where he is playing. With the NIL any team can get just about anyone for the right $$$.
    Completely true… Anna Nicole Smith was a 5 star TE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Completely true… Anna Nicole Smith was a 5 star TE
    She may of operated more like a wide receiver!!!!