Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    When u r looking at making the nfl and going to a school that throws 60 times a game......nil isn’t the end all or be all

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    He?s a Blue Chip - he?s gonna play the field for a bit longer?that NIL bidding war is just getting started
    Incorrect

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Incorrect
    Apologies y?all - I forgot the **

I was seriously being sarcastic. I crashed and burned on that one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Apologies y?all - I forgot the **

I was seriously being sarcastic. I crashed and burned on that one
    My bad

vCash
    From what I?m hearing, Parsons loves MSU, coaches, etc? I?m told we are in a good place with him, but these things remain fluid until a name is signed on the dotted line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    From what I?m hearing, Parsons loves MSU, coaches, etc? I?m told we are in a good place with him, but these things remain fluid until a name is signed on the dotted line.
    I think it's been done for awhile. He just wants his moment in the sun.

vCash
    I am very pleased with commits thus far. Several ranked from .87.... to .89. Would probably be ranked 4 stars at another SEC "power". Really, how do you rank a .88 vs. a .90? I will be glad to see the number of commits grow. Anyone know how strong we are with the safety from Fulton? Thanks, Hail State?

vCash
    Justin Brown isn?t getting the national attention he deserves either. He is definitely a 4* talent and should be rated as such across the board. He is a really great pick up for us. He will be one we will have to fight off others for before it?s over. I like what the staff is doing with recruiting and who they are pulling. More to come?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Justin Brown isn?t getting the national attention he deserves either. He is definitely a 4* talent and should be rated as such across the board. He is a really great pick up for us. He will be one we will have to fight off others for before it?s over. I like what the staff is doing with recruiting and who they are pulling. More to come?
    Agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    My bad
    No not your bad ... we appreciate the clarity you bring to the board... thanks
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

vCash
    I hope his decision will get some others in the boat.

vCash
    I will never pretend to be the one who knows all about recruiting and player rankings and all that but, if this Parson kid is so good (which I hope he really is) then why is our competition for him SMU, TCU and Va Tech? Is it because most other schools already have their QB of choice? Or did SMU TCU and Va Tech quietly become important?

vCash
    Again I am not even remotely knocking this player just asking why those schools and not other SEC schools or other P5 schools are not getting in on this kid?

vCash
    I believe most if not all of the more prominent schools already have a QB in this class or overall simply think they don't need him.

vCash
    He was committed to FSU for the past year?lots of positions may be filled but Leach brings some serious clout and he grandparents live in Starkville and his Dad got an engineering degree here. Lots of reasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Again I am not even remotely knocking this player just asking why those schools and not other SEC schools or other P5 schools are not getting in on this kid?
    LSU - 4* commit
    Bama - 2 4* commit
    OM - 4* commit
    Arkansas - 4* commit
    Auburn - Reached out no interest from Parson
    Texas A&M - Reached out but chasing USC Malachi Nelson

That’s just the West. There’s not many SEC schools looking for a QB now.

vCash
    2023 Preferred Walk on commit kicker, Carson Allen from Woodstock, GA, Etowah HS, #41 nationally, pre-season Atlanta-Journal Constitution 6A All State. Also drew attention from Purdue, Indiana, Vandy. Clarion Ledger or Yahoo Sports.com.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 08-10-2022 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    2023 Preferred Walk on commit kicker, Carson Allen from Woodstock, GA, Etowah HS, #41 nationally, pre-season Atlanta-Journal Constitution 6A All State. Also drew attention from Purdue, Indiana, Vandy. Clarion Ledger or Yahoo Sports.com.
    That's next door to me - I'll make sure he gets to campus.... Do we ever put a kicker on schollie ? Do other schools put a kicker on scholarship ? Just seems to me that it is such an important position that it would be wise to target and offer the premium kickers .... caveat - I may have this wrong but I just don't know.
    Anyway - welcome aboard Carson
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I will never pretend to be the one who knows all about recruiting and player rankings and all that but, if this Parson kid is so good (which I hope he really is) then why is our competition for him SMU, TCU and Va Tech? Is it because most other schools already have their QB of choice? Or did SMU TCU and Va Tech quietly become important?
    He could have committed to probably 25-30 power 5 schools 6 months ago. Once schools land a QB, most stop recruiting other QB's. The reason they do that is so that what happened to FSU doesn't happen to them.

They decided to try and sign two QBs. That can normally be ok, as long as both aren't considered elite. Parsons is considered elite and once FSU went after another blue chip QB, he started to look around too.

FSU handled it about as well as they handled the recruitment of the kid that signed with Jackson State last year.