Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 MSU FOOTBALL RECRUITING Discussion Thread

vCash
    We robbing USM and SELA blind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We robbing USM and SELA blind
    I would think we should be able to go after 3-5 difference makers a recruiting cycle with NIL deals. Who are those guys this cycle. The only name I know of is Isaac Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I would think we should be able to go after 3-5 difference makers a recruiting cycle with NIL deals. Who are those guys this cycle. The only name I know of is Isaac Smith.
    Our recruiting is off the damn rails. We're sucking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our recruiting is off the damn rails. We're sucking!
    Starts with the head coach
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    We just offered a receiver from NWR that doesn't even have a 247 profile and I'm pretty sure he's got 0 other offers. We're recruiting him as a safety. It's not a PWO. It's a legit scholarship offer to a player that doesn't even play DB for his team.

I officially throw my hands up with this staff and recruiting. Our DB has been a train wreck since Leach got here. Missed evaluations, reaching on G5 level players, constant shuffling on the board. I don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We just offered a receiver from NWR that doesn't even have a 247 profile and I'm pretty sure he's got 0 other offers. We're recruiting him as a safety. It's not a PWO. It's a legit scholarship offer to a player that doesn't even play DB for his team.

I officially throw my hands up with this staff and recruiting. Our DB has been a train wreck since Leach got here. Missed evaluations, reaching on G5 level players, constant shuffling on the board. I don't get it.
    Genespage nonsense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Genespage nonsense
    Not sure how it's nonsense. The kid isn't an SEC player

vCash
    Not sure how it's nonsense. The kid isn't an SEC player
    Are you a scout or have an evaluation ability? Hughes offered him personally, you know Tony Hughes who 3/4 of this board was adamant we had to keep. Kids develop late-B-Mac, Elgton Jenkins, Taveze Calhoun, JT Gray, AJ Jefferson, Ben Beckwith, De?Runnya Wilson, Kevin Dockery, Willie Evans, Titus Brown, Banks, Dantzler, D?Cam,

Also-kid has better stats than Ayden Williams, the 4* from Ridgeland. And if he had Trey Petty throwing to him would have better stats than Burnside.

But hey let?s a knock a kid we offer when the last few ?top notch WRs? in the state have flopped in the state. Dannis Jackson, Tobias, Markell Pack, Alex Adams, Deion Smith, even Dontea Jones, etc.

Weren?t you the one several years ago saying Harmon wouldn?t be at State or wasn?t a D1 player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Are you a scout or have an evaluation ability? Hughes offered him personally, you know Tony Hughes who 3/4 of this board was adamant we had to keep. Kids develop late-B-Mac, Elgton Jenkins, Taveze Calhoun, JT Gray, AJ Jefferson, Ben Beckwith, De?Runnya Wilson, Kevin Dockery, Willie Evans, Titus Brown, Banks, Dantzler, D?Cam,

Also-kid has better stats than Ayden Williams, the 4* from Ridgeland. And if he had Trey Petty throwing to him would have better stats than Burnside.

But hey let?s a knock a kid we offer when the last few ?top notch WRs? in the state have flopped in the state. Dannis Jackson, Tobias, Markell Pack, Alex Adams, Deion Smith, even Dontea Jones, etc.

Weren?t you the one several years ago saying Harmon wouldn?t be at State or wasn?t a D1 player?
    KO is just regurgitating what a handful of morons blathered about on the cesspool known as genespage.

This kid is an athletic freak, pretty obvious to anyone who watches his film, three sport athlete. It’s easy to see why he was offered.

Absolute morons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    KO is just regurgitating what a handful of morons blathered about on the cesspool known as genespage.

This kid is an athletic freak, pretty obvious to anyone who watches his film, three sport athlete. It’s easy to see why he was offered.

Absolute morons
    "Athletic freak" LOL

He has zero other offers. He's a reach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post

For every Diamond in the rough that worked out for us, I can name 10 that didn't. No one remembers the Jay Hampton's or William Hardrick's that are busts. Typically if we're the only one recruiting a kid, he's not an SEC player. It's nothing personal on the kid. It's just the way it is.

Our DB recruiting the last few years has been absolutely sad. Only a true sunshine troll would say different.

I was all for us taking Harmon given I watched him play in high school. Not sure where you pulled that from. I thought he was an OM lean for a long time, which he was until they cooled off on him. But I never said he wasn't an SEC player.
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 11-11-2022 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    I wish this recruiting thread would just give viable info on who we are recruiting, who is going to commit, etc. and not the sky is falling, I know more about evaluating players than our coaches, or it's CML"s fault, etc. but I guess that's just unrealistic thinking that will ever happen on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I wish this recruiting thread would just give viable info on who we are recruiting, who is going to commit, etc. and not the sky is falling, I know more about evaluating players than our coaches, or it's CML"s fault, etc. but I guess that's just unrealistic thinking that will ever happen on here.
    The sky isn't falling, I just don't understand the offer and neither do those who cover recruiting for a living (ie. Paul Jones). I've never claimed to know more than our coaches. Please point me to where I said I have. But I'm not just going to blindly say that this makes sense when it doesn't.

This is a recruiting thread where we're discussing *checks notes* recruiting. I'm sorry you don't like the the way it's being discussed. Feel free to disagree or just don't read it. Those are your two options

vCash
    The sky isn't falling, I just don't understand the offer and neither do those who cover recruiting for a living (ie. Paul Jones). I've never claimed to know more than our coaches. Please point me to where I said I have. But I'm not just going to blindly say that this makes sense when it doesn't.

This is a recruiting thread where we're discussing *checks notes* recruiting. I'm sorry you don't like the the way it's being discussed. Feel free to disagree or just don't read it. Those are your two options
    The sky is falling and the CML comments had no reference to you. I'm sorry I made that post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I’ll trust Hughes and my own eyes don’t disagree. He’s got to have a 40+ vertical if you watch his basketball film, probably the highest on our team. He didn’t play football until his j7nior year and is under recruited. He’s a tremendous athlete.

vCash
    We've got a shot at the DE from Texas who's legit. We've got to pull Smith at Safety. But we don't have a lot of other upper end talent on the line. Couple LBs were looking at. Juco DL that's a good player. But just not much out there. We've got to hit on the portal hard. We'll be lucky to be top 30 in recruiting and that should be unacceptable.
    Stop offering kids with no offers other than Juco, SELA, and USM.

vCash
    I know Cunningham is a sophomore but he will be on campus again today.

He seems to like us. I know that's going to be a long battle but I hope we can find a way to close that one over the next year or so. He would be the best skill position player we've ever had on campus.

vCash
    I saw a freshman DL @ New Albany this season. He's 6'4" and 285 lbs at 15 years old. I am told that he did attend camp at MSU this past summer. Last name is Tucker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I know Cunningham is a sophomore but he will be on campus again today.

He seems to like us. I know that's going to be a long battle but I hope we can find a way to close that one over the next year or so. He would be the best skill position player we've ever had on campus.
    He likes UGA too, a lot

vCash
    There's a ton of potential young talent in MS in the current Soph and FR classes.