Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Softball game 2 thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Well I am proud of making a Super, and to me Softball is a better sport than Baseball so I'd love it if we could be good enough to justify me watching it. HOWEVER...

We have 1 good pitcher and she's graduating. I won't claim to be an expert on Hawk or Aspen but I feel confident neither will be elite next year. Defensively, we are BAD, too slow to get to everything we should and make errors when we do get there. Offensively we have a couple good hitters that are older, and I'm not seeing the talent elsewhere. 1st basemen that hit .248 with no power? That's not how a good program is built. I just don't see the evidence the program is progressing. If they play good next season I'll watch SEC play.

We need to get more athletic, get some transfer bats, and get a stud pitcher. Short of that we won't be good next year, sadly.
    I thought the same thing. We are losing the good players that we do have. Not sure who is gonna be the ace next year either. Not sure who we've recruited as I don't follow it that closely.

vCash
    Well Arizona is totally a blue blood of college softball. They are second only to UCLA in college softball World Series.I?m not hating on this team or this coach. Totally proud of them.

vCash
    Softball is stuck on purgatory for a while too...

This Super will buy Rickets another year- she can probably miss the tournament in '23 amd still be here in '24. If she missed it in '24 she'd be gone. If she makes it in '24 she's back in '25.

I do t follow recruiting for Softball either she's been here 3 years- is Softball recruiting as far out as Baseball? I can't tell if only the Tfr are Rickets, or if half the roster is. She definitely needs a new S&C culture.

vCash
    ANNIE WILLIS??? Rickets, what are you doing??? If she was good to go, why didn't she start or at least relieve Aspen? And of she needs rest, why not save her for tomorrow? We have 2 do or die games- there is no reason to burn your best arm down 6 in the first game. She either should have started, or rested

vCash

This Super will buy Rickets another year- she can probably miss the tournament in '23 amd still be here in '24. If she missed it in '24 she'd be gone. If she makes it in '24 she's back in '25.

I do t follow recruiting for Softball either she's been here 3 years- is Softball recruiting as far out as Baseball? I can't tell if only the Tfr are Rickets, or if half the roster is. She definitely needs a new S&C culture.
    Well, State is losing the best power hitter in program history so I will be highly surprised if the team is nearly as good next year as they were this year. And we only finished around 10th in the league this year.

vCash

If she doesn't leave this year, she'll pull some portal kids. She's not the issue on the staff but we've got to recruit better.

vCash
    Need to go shopping in the portal for some hitters. Our offense has been as bad as the pitching.

vCash
    Who is the issue on staff?