Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    this

vCash
    Once we add Groff, which is rumored, that's two good ones. Stealing from the AAC isn't bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Got Gartman from Memphis. Solid pick up.
    Real solid. I've known this kid awhile and he's gonna help a bunch. When groff comes aboard here in the next week that'll be one more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well we could pursue both, they play different positions. And from people I have talked to McCants is far from a cancer. A good family that wanted to come here from the jump, but coaching uncertainty caused them to look elsewhere.
    Just a question - why would a player that has played extensively since a freshman, for the same coach that recruited him, has one year before the draft, already plays in the SEC, plays for a program that makes regionals, hosts regionals, and was ranked #1 during the season want to leave that program? Flirt with a significant rival program?

Seems like a Landon Jordan situation to me and potentially an issue were he wants more NIL than other players. I am not pretending to know anything, other than it stinks. What would we think about an MSU player making waves about transferring and before doing it, contributing to rumors that Ole Miss was the target destination?

Just as a funny theoretical exercise, if I was the equivalent MSU player stuck behind Justin Foscue (a great player, obvious 1st rounder) for playing time at my desired position but playing extensively in RF, I would be a happy camper for myself and MSU. If I were to transfer, I would tearfully go far away, to Pepperdine, Cal State Fullerton, or UC Santa Barbara were I would likely never face my buddies or dear coach again. I would not go to OM or LSU to spit in the eye of my friends.

Instead of Rod Tidwells, go get more RJ Yeagers, Nate Lowes, and Scotty Dubrules with clear and decent intentions and motives.

vCash
    Well he chose his first school due to coach stability. If he thinks bianco is gone, that's probably why he's looking.

vCash
    Got Gartman from Memphis. Solid pick up.
    Great pickup - Memphis' Friday Night Starter. Throws strikes and 171 opposition batting average. He's from Bogue Chitto

I'll take 3 or 4 more of this type of player.

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/baseba...-gartman/10364

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Well he chose his first school due to coach stability. If he thinks bianco is gone, that's probably why he's looking.
    Even more stinky, because Bianco is not actually gone.

Why not tweet his respect for Bianco and how great the coach is. How the players work for him, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Great pickup - Memphis' Friday Night Starter. Throws strikes and 171 opposition batting average. He's from Bogue Chitto

I'll take 3 or 4 more of this type of player.

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/baseba...-gartman/10364
    He's from Enterprise (all those Lincoln Co. schools run together). Worked out with my SIL. Saw him in HS a few times. I want to say he had an injury his 1st yr of Juco, then took off.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-01-2022 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    We'll get Groff if he doesn't turn pro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Even more stinky, because Bianco is not actually gone.

Why not tweet his respect for Bianco and how great the coach is. How the players work for him, etc.
    I'm not aware he tweeted anything at all. Nor should he. Most of that fan base wants bianco gone. I wouldn't step in that either. Just put your head down and play hard, it's not like he has any bearing on whether the admin keeps bianco.

My guess is he goes nowhere if bianco stays. But if bianco leaves, he will consider his options, including here where he, his brother, and parents have a good rship with the staff.

vCash
    Who is Groff? The Clemson kid sounds like a baller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Who is Groff? The Clemson kid sounds like a baller
    .400 hitter at Tulane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    .400 hitter at Tulane
    Good power and good obp too. Has pretty good wheels and plays good defense as well.

vCash
    Stealing from the AAC isn't bad.
    "Stealing" seems like such a harsh, dastardly term. Maybe we could say we were encouraging certain AAC players to showcase their talents on the grandest stages of collegiate baseball.

Eh, screw it. We stole 'em.

vCash
    Tommy Tanks officially in the portal. Is there a realistic chance here or just a pipe dream?

vCash

vCash
    So here is the latest from what I have gathered over the last few days. And again take the info FWIW:

If Groff stays in school, which is likely, he will be playing for us next year.

Guy Lipscomb is very interested in playing at State and we are evaluating that possibility. Still in the early stages and we have to see if an instant impact P5 guy comes available. 60/40 at this point that he is playing for us.

Tommy White changed the game. He will be the biggest NIL star, and probably the first, in the college baseball world. If he is interested in us, then we have the NIL capital to pull it off.

We are on a couple of P5 pitchers at the moment. One that would be an immediate weekend starter for us. Not comfortable enough for names now though.

There is smoke to Gonzales. If Bianco leaves things will get MIGHTY interesting FAST.

Chase Engelhard would walk to Starkville if we have a spot for him.

We have put out feelers to the Clemson 3B Wagner, as have most P5 schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So here is the latest from what I have gathered over the last few days. And again take the info FWIW:

If Groff stays in school, which is likely, he will be playing for us next year.

Guy Lipscomb is very interested in playing at State and we are evaluating that possibility. Still in the early stages and we have to see if an instant impact P5 guy comes available. 60/40 at this point that he is playing for us.

Tommy White changed the game. He will be the biggest NIL star, and probably the first, in the college baseball world. If he is interested in us, then we have the NIL capital to pull it off.

We are on a couple of P5 pitchers at the moment. One that would be an immediate weekend starter for us. Not comfortable enough for names now though.

There is smoke to Gonzales. If Bianco leaves things will get MIGHTY interesting FAST.

Chase Engelhard would walk to Starkville if we have a spot for him.

We have put out feelers to the Clemson 3B Wagner, as have most P5 schools.
    I spent the better part of the season arguing against the expectation that after 1 Natty, we should strive to become the Bama of CBB. If even half of this happens, we need put on our "F. I." hat and go all in on baseball.
    Our Athletic Department should spend every waking moment figuring out how to maximize money for baseball. Period. Yes, the SEC contract pays the bills, but Baseball would have to expand the stadium again putting together a team like that every year.
    Could y'all imagine Tommy White at MSU? Hitting behind Hunter Hines!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I spent the better part of the season arguing against the expectation that after 1 Natty, we should strive to become the Bama of CBB. If even half of this happens, we need put on our "F. I." hat and go all in on baseball.
    Our Athletic Department should spend every waking moment figuring out how to maximize money for baseball. Period. Yes, the SEC contract pays the bills, but Baseball would have to expand the stadium again putting together a team like that every year.
    Could y'all imagine Tommy White at MSU? Hitting behind Hunter Hines!
    I would love Tommy White and it is fun to think about, but he is 99.9% going to FSU. The only reason I say less than 100% is because I think he is going to let himself be courted by all the top programs (Arky, Tenn, LSU, Texas, Us, etc.) to see if anyone has a Caleb Williams type NIL deal available for him. In the end he will end up at FSU with a small possibility of Miami or Florida. But as they say, never say never.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3124 View Post
    Tommy Tanks officially in the portal. Is there a realistic chance here or just a pipe dream?
    He's gonna wind up at a Florida school.