Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Still don't think we will lose loftin
    I concur with this.

vCash
    Only way we lose him is if MLB offers too much.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Saw where we picked up Nate Chester to be our 2B next year. Looks like a hell of a good one!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Saw where we picked up Nate Chester to be our 2B next year. Looks like a hell of a good one!
    The kid runs a fireworks stand in the off-season - honestly this tells you he's hard nosed and blue collar. When talking to his juco coaches, our staff made it clear they were only looking for tough SOBs. I think we all can agree this is going the right direction.

vCash
    So is it possible we could start seeing new players today if certain teams aren’t in the regionals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    CF-McCants
    RF-Groff
    LF-James
    3B-Alford
    SS- Forsythe
    2B-Transfer/Downs
    1B-Hines/Transfer
    C-Highfill/Hancock
    DH-Hines/Hancock

That looks like a damn good starting 9. Now lets get the pitching figured out and roll
    What makes yall think the Mccants kid is coming here? He has not been a great hitter for them but I could be wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    What makes yall think the Mccants kid is coming here? He has not been a great hitter for them but I could be wrong
    McCants was really good as a freshman, but he was not good this year. I'm not sure why he fell off.

vCash
    good scouting report got to him at the plate and then it effected his glove a bit.

vCash
    I have no clue of his interest other than rumors from 5-6 people. I think he would be a solid glove for us in CF. He is Skinner but with better ability at the plate. He also has 300+ ABs against SEC arms and was an everyday starter, which are two things that cannot be devalued. Again, no clue if he is even interested, but being that we currently have no CF he would be an upgrade.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-30-2022 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    I have no clue of his interest other than rumors from 5-6 people. I think he would be a solid glove for us in CF. He is Skinner but with better ability at the plate. He also has 300+ ABs against SEC arms and was an everyday starter, which are two things that cannot be devalued. Again, no clue if he is even interested, but being that we currently have no CF he would be an upgrade.
    I think he's a middle infielder. That's what he was recruited as. He only played CF because they had a need there and he wasn't beating out Jacob Gonzalez. That's why he doesn't look fantastic out there. Because that's not his position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    So is it possible we could start seeing new players today if certain teams aren’t in the regionals?
    Maybe a couple this week. Some of it is paperwork stuff and potentially visits and things like that.

The rumor was McCants (and his parents) wanted to come to MSU but that was when we were having all of that coaching turnover so he went to Ole Miss which was more stable at the time.

vCash
    Makes sense and honestly smart on him and his parents. Not that I condone anyone going to Ole Miss.

I really think we are going to be in a good spot when this is all said and done.

vCash
    With the changes at Clemson I wonder if we look at a guy like Max Wagner. 3B with .369 average, .852 slugging, and .496 OBP.

vCash
    With the changes at Clemson I wonder if we look at a guy like Max Wagner. 3B with .369 average, .852 slugging, and .496 OBP.
    Rather Max Wagner than touch an Ole Miss player with parent issues.

There are already many dimensions to the OM rivalry, don't need a potential cancer player.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 06-01-2022 at 08:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think he's a middle infielder. That's what he was recruited as. He only played CF because they had a need there and he wasn't beating out Jacob Gonzalez. That's why he doesn't look fantastic out there. Because that's not his position.
    He can't play ss. His arm isn't good. Never seen him play enough inf to know. But it's either in lf or at 2b in pro ball.
    I have my doubts on the rumor to be honest..guess anything is possible
    Last edited by Homedawg; 06-01-2022 at 07:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He can't play ss. His arm isn't good. Never seen him play enough inf to know. But it's either in lf or at 2b in pro ball.
    I have my doubts on the rumor to be honest..guess anything is possible
    2B is where I see him

vCash
    Groff officially in the portal. Lets Ride

vCash
    Groff officially in the portal. Lets Ride
    Gotta get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Rather Max Wagner than touch an Ole Miss player with parent issues.

There are already many dimensions to the OM rivalry, don't need a potential cancer player.
    Well we could pursue both, they play different positions. And from people I have talked to McCants is far from a cancer. A good family that wanted to come here from the jump, but coaching uncertainty caused them to look elsewhere.

vCash
    Got Gartman from Memphis. Solid pick up.