Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isiaih Mosley ?

vCash
    224 players are drafted by NFL teams every year. If every there are 32 5 stars signed every year and 5 star senior and junior got drafted based on your numbers, the max would be 64. That leaves 160 4 and 3 stars if my math is correct. Stars matter to the best programs in college football because the best programs always get 90% of them. 4 stars is what teams 12-30 build their programs on. And historically, meaning the past 25 years, State has averaged in top 35 with several 3 stars. Imagine if State could sign 12 4 stars each year.

vCash
    Wait wait let me get this straight... so Saban, Kirby, Urban (when he coached College), Lincoln Reilly, Jimbo and every other successful coach in the country try to sign the highest rated players they can... but failed coach Bo Pelini says ranking don't matter, so you're going to believe they are useless?

There are underrated and overrated guys, also head cases that never reach their athletic potential. BUT, by and large, Charles Cross and Jeffery Simmons were 5*s because it was clear in HS they were studs. Both were 1st round picks. Yes sometimes a 3* stud like Montez Sweat slips through, that's the anomaly.

Again, there is a reason the coaches that make the playoffs fill their classes either highly rated guys, and nobody outside the top 10 recruiting rankings even sniff a Natty.

vCash
    Mosley is officially withdrawn from the NBA Draft. I hope we hear good news soon…

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Mosley is officially withdrawn from the NBA Draft. I hope we hear good news soon…
    Thank you for the update.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Buddy stars matter. There?s only 32 5 star players a year, one for every NFL team, so of course there are more 3 and 4 star players in the NFL. If you look at the percentage of 5 stars making it to the NFL vs 3 star the stars are staggering.
    Never said stars don't matter. They do but your thoughts on the math are off.

Blue chip players (4-5 stars) are your top 300 players every year with the average stay in the NFL 3.3 years. 3.3 x 300 = 990 1696 players on the 32 team 53 man roster. That's way more than one per team. If they are truly the elite then they can last 10-15 years depending on their position. If 4-5 star guys are your truly elite athletes then you have a pool of thousands from which to pick. 10 years x 300 = 3000 which is twice as many as are in the NFL that washed out or are gone.

What happens is 3/5 of your 5 stars don't make it. Then 4 stars are way less likely than that. Then there is such a vast number of 2-3 star guys that just as many of them or more make it. Even a lot of 2 stars make it. Kickers skew that number, what's the highest rated kicker out of HS? not very high uh?

I get it stars matter but if that's all you look at as a coach you are doing it wrong. Once Nebraska offered those two guys they all of a sudden got their proper ratings.

It's not that the 5 star player is not good, it's that they miss guys. Coaches can't wait for a service to find them. Both those guys Pelini got ended up getting properly rated as 4 star guys but if he hadn't offered, they could have ended up at OBSURE U as 2-3 star. IT's not that the 4 & 5 star's aren't good, it's that all those 2-3 star guys simply do not get seen.

Here is where you lost me buddy:

Pelini is a damn good coach. His HC record was 67-27 at Nebraska - Never won less than 9 games and he coached them through losing the TEXAS recruiting base. They have not won 9 games since he left 8 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Mosley is officially withdrawn from the NBA Draft. I hope we hear good news soon?
    WRONG. He's staying in the draft, officially.

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-ba...aft-188176824/

vCash
    WRONG guy. That's Mobley from USC.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post

That's Isaih Mobley not Mosley lol

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post

So he's officially staying in beyond the deadline to either live or die by the NBA Sword? If so, all hopes are lost. STATE Things have been pissing me off for a while now and I'm starting to get Jock Rash from it. If this NIL Shit ain't fixed and this rash grows and worsens I'm tuning out college sports and going back after a 25 year hiatus to NFL, MLB & NBA. Will check STATEs Live Stats via Interwebs and turn the TV on if they are playing competitively.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-31-2022 at 03:53 PM.

vCash
    I personally think he will pick Kansas any day now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    So he's officially staying in beyond the deadline to either live or die by the NBA Sword? If so, all hopes are lost. STATE Things have been pissing me off for a while now and I'm starting to get Jock Rash from it. If this NIL Shit ain't fixed and this rash grows and worsens I'm tuning out college sports and going back after a 25 year hiatus to NFL, MLB & NBA. Will check STATEs Live Stats via Interwebs and turn the TV on if they are playing competitively.
    Dude... he posted the wrong person.. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    Kansas is full

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    More Jock Rash. I was (still am kinda) excited with this guy and positive comments about our chances. Emotional Investments in STATE are high risk and have been horribly volatile of late.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-31-2022 at 04:45 PM.

vCash
    It’s definitely odd that it’s been nothing but MSU for weeks but no decision. Seems iffy at best.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Dude... he posted the wrong person.. lol
    Yea, it was a timing issue. I'm having a shitty shift at ED Today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Kansas is full
    Yes Kansas is full but I read somewhere that they were waiting to see if one of their guys was returning or not. He is a Missouri kid and my hunch says he's waiting that out to see If he can play there. It feels like we may be his back up choice... just my opinion, I could be wrong

Banned
    vCash
    I'm startin' to think maybe there's a chance so that means another gut punch based on my inability to predict.

vCash
    Jalen Wilson and Kevin McCullar from Kansas are opting out of NBA draft to stay in school. You'd think that be a good thing regarding Mosley.

Banned
    vCash
    Out libidos have been greased by sweet nothings whispered in our ears as we anguish in gut wrenching anticipation hoping the encounter will hetero.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 06-01-2022 at 10:52 PM.