Thread: New ?23 Football commit

vCash

New ?23 Football commit

I know it was already said he was coming on board, but just wanted to share.

vCash
    Good player.

Hard for me to get excited about HS football recruiting with the portal. Half the guys we sign will be gone in 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Good player.

Hard for me to get excited about HS football recruiting with the portal. Half the guys we sign will be gone in 2 years.
    While I get your point, who have we lost worth a crap? Brule? who didn't start at the end of last year? The rest that left couldn't play for US!! What does that telll you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    While I get your point, who have we lost worth a crap? Brule? who didn't start at the end of last year? The rest that left couldn't play for US!! What does that telll you.
    Oh, I didn't mean it like that. Half the players we sign will be gone in 2 years, but we'll replace them with guys from other schools. That's all I meant. That's why I don't get excited about HS recruits. Portal recruiting is more interesting these days.

vCash
    Oh, I didn't mean it like that. Half the players we sign will be gone in 2 years, but we'll replace them with guys from other schools. That's all I meant. That's why I don't get excited about HS recruits. Portal recruiting is more interesting these days.
    You mean free agent market lol!

vCash
    In football we will have to still get a quality class. Wil half be gone? Yeah but Bc they can't play. We can't fill a roster w the portal in football. We can add to it.actually makes recruiting more important, not less, IMO. For football at least. And baseball. Basketball who cares. That's a disaster all the way around w the portal and nil.

vCash
    both basketball teams may fare better than football and baseball next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    In football we will have to still get a quality class. Wil half be gone? Yeah but Bc they can't play. We can't fill a roster w the portal in football. We can add to it.actually makes recruiting more important, not less, IMO. For football at least. And baseball. Basketball who cares. That's a disaster all the way around w the portal and nil.
    Lol you're still not getting what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we should stop recruiting high school kids. I'm just saying I don't get invested in it like I used to. That's it.

vCash
    Lol you're still not getting what I'm saying. I'm not saying that we should stop recruiting high school kids. I'm just saying I don't get invested in it like I used to. That's it.
    I gotcha. Sorry wasnt in a debate... and I understand w age I care less too. But what I am saying is hs recruiting for Us is more important. But I understand why you and many other care less. College sports are over in the big two.

Banned
    vCash
    Looks like an undersized one cut back with solid sec speed. If he can keep that speed while getting to a solid college weight then he could be nice to have. As it stands, he is brandon holloway with better weight distribution but still too thin. Plenty of time to bulk up. But the potential is there.

Would like to see him doing more receptions just to make sure he doesn't have stone hands. But that reel showed the potential.

Curious if he would be any good at KR. One cut guys with speed like that generally translate well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You mean free agent market lol!
    this^^^^^^all day every day in this new way of getting players.

vCash
    While undersized, this looks like the kind of kid you want. HS team captain, good grades, graduating early all indicate a mature young man. Could be completely wrong but leaders have been few and far between.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dawgnight15 View Post
    While undersized, this looks like the kind of kid you want. HS team captain, good grades, graduating early all indicate a mature young man. Could be completely wrong but leaders have been few and far between.
    THIS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Looks like an undersized one cut back with solid sec speed. If he can keep that speed while getting to a solid college weight then he could be nice to have. As it stands, he is brandon holloway with better weight distribution but still too thin. Plenty of time to bulk up. But the potential is there.

Would like to see him doing more receptions just to make sure he doesn't have stone hands. But that reel showed the potential.

Curious if he would be any good at KR. One cut guys with speed like that generally translate well.
    Holloway would have been really good in this offense

Banned
    vCash
    At least we won't hafta worry bout Scat Backs rushing off Guard.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-26-2022 at 03:19 PM.