Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Softball game 2 thread

vCash

Softball game 2 thread

Doesn't seem like we've got one going. Scoreless through 1

vCash
    I'll say it- we are out of shape. If Davidson and the RF were in shape, Davis would have been safe at 3rd and the RF would have made it to the pop up. No other team (softball or baseball, this isn't a sexism thing) has players with so much... fat, honestly. It does nothing but hurt our defense and baserunning. If we can't bother to get in playing weight, I wonder if we're evem bothering to hit the weights hard. S&C needs to be upgraded in softball

vCash
    1. Mia was safe.
    2. 2B called off RF
    3. We do desperately need to get more athletic. Our defense is bad.

vCash
    I was going to ask if we could comment about Softball inefficiencies like we do baseball, but you answered my question.

I have no problem with the big girls playing softball and in our case at a high level. But I wonder if they use the harder softballs and what the weight of the cats are as I see their players lifting the ball into the outfield and our players hitting a lot of soft stuff on the infield that has led to 2 DPs.

vCash
    Now 3 DPs. They cannot get the ball out of the infield. It even sounds too soft coming off the bats.

vCash
    The difference in softball out west is they're elite defensively and more athletic. They're better bat handlers too. It's why we have to recruit out west. The SEC wasn't real good this year. We probably need to score 3-4 to win this game.

vCash
    Idk if someone could've robbed that but the girl we've got in RF sure as hell wasn't going to

vCash
    Wesley is tired and she's the Brandon Smith of softball. Gives up a lot of bombs. Need to pull her.

vCash
    There goes the lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Idk if someone could've robbed that but the girl we've got in RF sure as hell wasn't going to
    There was a girl about 5 feet behind the fence with a glove that caught it. Hopefully someone is out there signing her to a scholarship.

vCash
    We've totally mismanaged our pitching this series.

vCash
    Not sure why we didn't try for the DP there instead of going to 3rd. Either way just a terrible throw.

vCash
    Oh well.

Back to not caring I go.

vCash
    We desperately need better recruiting. Wonder if Ricketts will be able to recruit better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Oh well.

Back to not caring I go.
    I still don't see how in the world we beat the overall #2 seed twice at their place. We just aren't that good. Best hope we had would have been to play the SR in Tallahassee

vCash
    Worst defensive team I've ever seen

vCash
    Why was tang batter allowed to run out of the front of the batter?s box while the pitch was being thrown?

vCash
    Oh well, game over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I still don't see how in the world we beat the overall #2 seed twice at their place. We just aren't that good. Best hope we had would have been to play the SR in Tallahassee
    I still wonder. We are bottom of the pack SEC, and the SEC isn't even that good this year.

vCash
    Well I am proud of making a Super, and to me Softball is a better sport than Baseball so I'd love it if we could be good enough to justify me watching it. HOWEVER...

We have 1 good pitcher and she's graduating. I won't claim to be an expert on Hawk or Aspen but I feel confident neither will be elite next year. Defensively, we are BAD, too slow to get to everything we should and make errors when we do get there. Offensively we have a couple good hitters that are older, and I'm not seeing the talent elsewhere. 1st basemen that hit .248 with no power? That's not how a good program is built. I just don't see the evidence the program is progressing. If they play good next season I'll watch SEC play.

We need to get more athletic, get some transfer bats, and get a stud pitcher. Short of that we won't be good next year, sadly.