Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 6 players have already entered the portal (baseball)

vCash
    We've got a damn mess.

vCash
    this x 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It's not just the staff. It's the money people. Anybody you want is demanding $$. It appears the Kansas ss is going to set the market. Everybody on here needs to be paying at least $50 a month if we want to be relevant going forward.

And we have to decide which holes are the most urgent to fill. I think that is pitching so I think that is where the money needs to be spent this cycle.
    I get that but your guys from Ga Southern or Campbell arent demanding big money. They arent in position to. The portal for us will be determined by who we find on lower level teams- not P5 transfers.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I get that but your guys from Ga Southern or Campbell arent demanding big money. They arent in position to. The portal for us will be determined by who we find on lower level teams- not P5 transfers.
    I agree, the NIL will work for the so called "stars", no doubt recruiting has and will continue to change moving forward. Also there are way more baseball teams and players than say football.

vCash
    It's ok buddy. You lost your argument. Always bring facts. You said nothing about 1st rounder when you thought you had me with his 25% K rate. Stay in your lane and let the knowledge consume you.
    Lost the argument? You really are clouded aren?t you?. All the comparisons that have happened in this thread by you are to 1-2 rounders. You have not specifically named them but when you say other SEC SS this year, I can only assume you are referencing LSU, UT among others. Those two guys will be 1st rounders. Then you mentioned Westy on this very page of thread. He was a 1st rounder if memory serves my correctly. Adam Frazier was 6th round but is considered an MLB allstar.

yes you are comparing Lane to high value draft picks. And yet he is not far of stat wise from them (MSU players not the LSU or UTENN kid.) Just get over it, Lane is your starting SS next year. He will hover around .270-.300 and play defense at an elite level. Which is better than most of our SS over the past decade which was my statement to begin with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Lost the argument? You really are clouded aren?t you?. All the comparisons that have happened in this thread by you are to 1-2 rounders.

yes you are comparing Lane to high value draft picks. .
    Only a simpleton only looks at batting average in judging an offensive player.

Belmont was not a 1st rounder and as of today I'm pretty sure he wasnt drafted after being cut and replaced. Still had more offensive production than Foreskin
    Gridley was an 11th round pick

Now- once aGAIN I'd like to thank you for helping my side of the argument even more. If you are saying all the SEC SS's I compared him to this season that far outshined him are 1st-2nd round draft picks- doesnt that mean Miss State needs that also? Their stats dwarfed his. (They arent all 1st or 2nd round picks of course- and your response was both hilarious and ridiculous)

Secondly Mr Foreskin, his .969 fielding percentage is right on par with the expectations at State. You have obviously forgotten Seth Heck, Gridley, and others that had higher FP's than .969

vCash
    Corder now in the portal.

vCash
    ****34- since you can do it so can I.

I have finally figured out what you are. I am going to treat everything you say and do just like I do with every talking head on Fox,CNN,ESPN. They were attached to a sport or story at one point, physically washed out of it now they are simply talking about something that they are removed from. They all have opinions, like to trash people and even make fun of them. Usually and most of the time it is the case, they are so off base that they make themselves sound stupid. They offer no solutions only complaint or criticism. Your little world is an anonymous message board where you can spout off your comments and thoughts and not get held accountable for them. I get it.

Maybe it was my fault for coming to this site and expecting different. There are notable exceptions to this of course. Starkvegasdawg, CC24 and Mstate7 to name a few actually give good and knowledgeable information. It is not just around sports. You on the other spout off nothing but opinion and hate. Opinions are like assholes. Not only does everyone have one but they all stink. But what should we have expected but shit to come from your asshole self to begin with.

I blame myself for this. Carry on ****34- the local hot headed and just flat out bad commentator on everything that he could not do himself.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 05-25-2022 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    I am showing my lack of ingenuity on message boards clearly. iwas going for Cant Understand Nothing That you say as fact because it is so wrong for at least 34 reasons. only the capital letters in that last sentence matter.

vCash
    Also, I have just realized you are implying I am Lane’s father… are you the idiot that thought Bucky was Rogers dad? It is par for the course for you considering all the idiotic stuff that you say on here. Have a great day local message board idiot.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 05-25-2022 at 02:12 PM.

vCash
    The known good ones are. Now we can certainly get guys who were average players at Georgia southern for little to no money. Like a Jess Davis. But the known commodities like a RJ Yeager are asking for significant money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The known good ones are. Now we can certainly get guys who were average players at Georgia southern for little to no money. Like a Jess Davis. But the known commodities like a RJ Yeager are asking for significant money.
    I think you are overestimating the power and reach of college baseball. Yea it is big here and about 20-25 other places but no college baseball player is going to have a Beats NIL deal or be driving around in a Lamborghini. Tyson Foods or Walmart is not going to give the next great Arkansas baseball player a 6 figure NIL deal to do national brand promotion.

NIL in college baseball will be localized to individual communities, maybe statewide for states like Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

I mean Landon Sims is a known commodity in pockets of the Southeast but no one outside of the Dodgers scouting Dept in Los Angeles knows or cares who he is. Ivan Melendez is probably the best known player in college baseball this year but I bet if you took a photo of him to Manhattan 2% of people might know who he is. Now compare that to Caleb Williams, Spencer Rattler, Bijan Robinson, or Quinn Ewers. They are national commodities known coast to coast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I am showing my lack of ingenuity on message boards clearly. iwas going for Cant Understand Nothing That you say as fact because it is so wrong for at least 34 reasons. only the capital letters in that last sentence matter.
    hahahahahaha

Always wear your batting helmet when you get in the box with me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That's not a bad thing. I don't think he was a SEC caliber player.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Another Juco miss.

I'm not anti-JUCO. There are some good players that can help us. See Preston Johnson, Houston Harding, etc.

But we've missed a lot recently with our evals. Leggett, Skinner, Seibert, Corder, Tullar, Stinnett are not SEC players.

vCash

vCash
    His stats don't really wow me (4.9 era) but he did have 86 K's in 77 IP.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Another Juco miss.

I'm not anti-JUCO. There are some good players that can help us. See Preston Johnson, Houston Harding, etc.

But we've missed a lot recently with our evals. Leggett, Skinner, Seibert, Corder, Tullar, Stinnett are not SEC players.
    Yea last year missing on both Corder and Siebert hurt us. I really think Corder needed to RS. I never thought he was ready. Siebert was recruited strictly off physical attributes and hoping we could turn him into a lesser version of Sonny Dichara

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    His stats don't really wow me (4.9 era) but he did have 86 K's in 77 IP.
    Think you're looking at 2021's stats.

His ERA was 1.40 this year. 8-2 record.

vCash
    I think you are overestimating the power and reach of college baseball. Yea it is big here and about 20-25 other places but no college baseball player is going to have a Beats NIL deal or be driving around in a Lamborghini. Tyson Foods or Walmart is not going to give the next great Arkansas baseball player a 6 figure NIL deal to do national brand promotion.

NIL in college baseball will be localized to individual communities, maybe statewide for states like Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

I mean Landon Sims is a known commodity in pockets of the Southeast but no one outside of the Dodgers scouting Dept in Los Angeles knows or cares who he is. Ivan Melendez is probably the best known player in college baseball this year but I bet if you took a photo of him to Manhattan 2% of people might know who he is. Now compare that to Caleb Williams, Spencer Rattler, Bijan Robinson, or Quinn Ewers. They are national commodities known coast to coast.
    Im not saying 6 figures like football. But well into five.