Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 players have already entered the portal (baseball)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thats been my stance on Hancock all along. Where is he gonna go? If he gets drafted he will be on a low level bus league team living with 4 or 5 other guys in an apartment, playing in front of tens of people somewhere after signing for a twix bar and a warm pepsi. Come back and catch next year playing SEC ball, bang college girls, and play in front of 10K or more on the reg- and then sign for your twix bar and pepsi.
    Hancock C, Hines, 1B, and Clark, RF is a nice start to putting together a lineup for next season.

vCash
    Fristoe has a big decision. He has too much talent to keep failing. He either has hope Fox can get him straight and he really likes Sville- or he needs to try playing somewhere else like LSU or A&M where he may get coached better.
    I guess I can give Fox the benefit of the doubt on Walling, but it's tough when he couldn't do anything with Fristoe or Tepper. Not to mention MacLeod and Cerantola.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Hancock will get next to no money if he gets drafted this year or next year. Unless he just hates college baseball, coming back and playing college ball beats the hell out of riding on a crappy bus and staying in cheap hotels for a year in rookie ball.

The crappy bus and hotels will be there next year.
    If he gets a shot he has to take it. He's 23 now. But he will get nil money to stay. I get both sides. No, he's never playing in the bigs, but man, it's hard to tell a kid to never try

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Hancock C, Hines, 1B, and Clark, RF is a nice start to putting together a lineup for next season.
    Why do people keep leaving Forsythe out? Everyone on here would have killed to have his defense and him hit .250 this year and the kid over .270 and was hitting almost .300 coming into the last series and still is elite in the field…

Forsythe SS
    Hines 1b
    Hancock C
    Alford 3B
    Clark RF

(Random order) That’s what we have so far. Now I bet Kam comes back and will be moved to CF. We need a 2B and another OF. Of course you take whoever is legit and wants to come. Tell everyone everything is open for business. Even catcher and 1b. Then you play the best period.

vCash
    Hancock got engaged over the weekend. So his priorities may change a little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Hancock and clark are coming back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hancock and clark are coming back?
    Clark will be back. Looking like Hancock is a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Why do people keep leaving Forsythe out? Everyone on here would have killed to have his defense and him hit .250 this year and the kid over .270 and was hitting almost .300 coming into the last series and still is elite in the field…

Forsythe SS
    Hines 1b
    Hancock C
    Alford 3B
    Clark RF

(Random order) That’s what we have so far. Now I bet Kam comes back and will be moved to CF. We need a 2B and another OF. Of course you take whoever is legit and wants to come. Tell everyone everything is open for business. Even catcher and 1b. Then you play the best period.
    I agree w the Forsythe part. I know people wil disagree and that's fine. But he wasn't our problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Clark will be back. Looking like Hancock is a possibility.
    Man, that's a pretty big deal. I think both could have big seasons

vCash
    I agree w the Forsythe part. I know people wil disagree and that's fine. But he wasn't our problem.
    Could be gridley 2.0. Gridley hit for decent avg, but showed no pop his first 2 years, and then came out strong in year 3

vCash
    Why do people keep leaving Forsythe out?
    Because he is a singles hitter that average climbed because he had limited AB's. He is really good defensively there is no disputing that- but at 165 pounds he will remain a singles hitter that hits about .250. If you can replace him with a quality player you do it- Foreskin is a late inning replacement- not an SEC SS

Leggs had a lower average but had a bigger impact offensively on limited AB's.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If he gets a shot he has to take it. He's 23 now. But he will get nil money to stay. I get both sides. No, he's never playing in the bigs, but man, it's hard to tell a kid to never try
    Even if he comes back next year he'll still get a chance to play pro baseball. I guess it depends on how much he feels his ceiling is. Some college guys know by their sophomore junior year that they're not getting past AAA at best. Some don't.

vCash
    Because he is a singles hitter that average climbed because he had limited AB's. He is really good defensively there is no disputing that- but at 165 pounds he will remain a singles hitter that hits about .250. If you can replace him with a quality player you do it- Foreskin is a late inning replacement- not an SEC SS

Leggs had a lower average but had a bigger impact offensively on limited AB's.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Even if he comes back next year he'll still get a chance to play pro baseball. I guess it depends on how much he feels his ceiling is. Some college guys know by their sophomore junior year that they're not getting past AAA at best. Some don't.
    I get that. But he'll be 24 by then. And if he plays a year or two he's 26 w no money and broke and married. It matters. But he does have an nil deal now. So who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Man, that's a pretty big deal. I think both could have big seasons
    Clarks gotta get his draft stock back up. He fell substantially with scouts this year. He needs a big season next year to make any money. Hancock is close to coming back but who knows how it'll go. I don't think he's gonna get drafted so he's gonna have to hope for a limited free agent deal if any. He may just be ready to get on with life and another career. I hope for our sake he comes back has a big year and gets drafted but who knows which way he's gonna go. He does have a pretty nice NIL deal so there's that.

vCash
    State fans: These guys suck and aren't clutch
    Also State fans: Can't wait to get these guys back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I get what you are saying. But I also see the need for some continuity rather than 8 new guys in the line up.

New Leadoff (LF or 2B)
    New 2 hole (LF/2B/DH)
    Hines 1B
    Hancock C
    Clark RF
    James CF
    New (LF/2B/DH)
    Alford 3B
    Forsythe SS

The middle of the line up would need to be flexible to keep 3,4, and 5 from all batting LH.

Banned
    vCash

Forsythe SS
    Hines 1b
    Hancock C
    Alford 3B
    Clark RF

Re: Forsythe

People made up their mind on this kid failing and are unwilling to change their thoughts in light of evidence to the contrary. Same way the people who were seriously calling for Lemo & co's head at this point in time last year are now again yelling for changes because they're right and Lemo sucks in some way. They made their decision and are unwilling to change. They'll explain it away (not Lemo's recruits, Lane had limited AB's, etc. etc.)

Truth of the matter is Forsythe is showing improvement. He hasn't been an "SEC quality bat" but he needed some meat on his bones. A little better spray placement and plate discipiline though and he's a serviceable end of lineup bat with the defense to justify him being an everyday starter. Who would have thought it would just sometimes take a young kid to grow into it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Almost like this board is made up of several different people with differing opinions.

This is always the silliest critique of a group of people. We aren't some monolith. I can tell you for a fact there are several that I do not share hardly any opinions with on this board.

vCash
    Fristoe has a big decision. He has too much talent to keep failing. He either has hope Fox can get him straight and he really likes Sville- or he needs to try playing somewhere else like LSU or A&M where he may get coached better.
    Foxhall - wonder what happens if all the best talent on the roster enroll in Knoxville and College Station.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-24-2022 at 01:47 AM.