Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 players have already entered the portal (baseball)

vCash
    C34 why are you so adamant that Forsythe sucks?
    You say he is not an sec SS? You are nuts and so full of yourself you can’t see the forest for the trees.

I went back and looked. You know how many .300 season BA SS we have had since 2014? 1 at that was Gridley did it for 1 season. You do know that Frazier was 2013 he also hit over .300

Another point, do you know who has the most assists and least number of errors since 2010 at SS ? You guessed it our non sec SS Lane Forsythe. He had 4 errors the other SS over the past decade the closest to him error wise was 7.

I think you need to just admit you don’t like him and just accept the fact that he is a sophomore 2 year starter and national champion and your future SS next year. He actually hits on par in batting average with all of our former SS not named Frazier.

Get over it. Lane Forsythe is legit and his bat will come around. He is not a HR hitter nor does he try to be. He is a stud otherwise he would not have been on the field the past 2 years.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 05-24-2022 at 02:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    C34 why are you so adamant that Forsythe sucks?
    Did I say he sucks? I'm pretty sure I've given him plenty of credit for his glove work. Now if my comparision of Foreskin's offensive stats to other SS's in the SEC hurts your feelings? That's something you need to deal with. Other SS's in the SEC didnt hit .300 either- but they werent drains on the offense. 4 XBH's for the season and leading your team in K-rate offensively is not only below-average, it's way below average. Some people might even use the word "shitty".
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    So I guess that means MSU doesn’t have any good SS play simce Adam Frazier close to a decade ago? You are comparing him to other teams, what guy did he keep off the field? Who would have done better on MSU baseball team ? The answer is no one. He is our SEC SS. If you think HE was the drain on our offense and our team then you weren’t paying attention.

vCash
    It totally doesn’t fit 34’s narrative. Dude just has to hate on someone on every team. This year and last it was Lane.

vCash
    The question is who would you get to replace lane and is the amount you would have to pay worth it when you could use that money on pitchers and a CF.
    You have to think like a GM now. Every player in the portal that is of the caliber you want is asking how much money he gets if he comes to play for you. Ark and TN are in a bidding war for Kansas SS. You only have so much money to go around, so you have to be smart about where it is allocated.

vCash
    I was thinking the same. Forsythe is similar to many MSU baseball player before him. Undersized but very talented and scrappy.

I can't recall a year, ever, that State was a tall sec team 1-9. Funny part is, size wise, 2022 may be our tallest team that I can remember.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The question is who would you get to replace lane and is the amount you would have to pay worth it when you could use that money on pitchers and a CF.
    You have to think like a GM now. Every player in the portal that is of the caliber you want is asking how much money he gets if he comes to play for you. Ark and TN are in a bidding war for Kansas SS. You only have so much money to go around, so you have to be smart about where it is allocated.
    Great point. We have to have a 2b, OF and a catcher (unless Hancock stays), and multiple pitchers. Ss falls behind that -!: money, scholarship and NIL , both have limits one way or another.

vCash
    So I guess that means MSU doesn’t have any good SS play simce Adam Frazier close to a decade ago? You are comparing him to other teams, what guy did he keep off the field? Who would have done better on MSU baseball team ? The answer is no one. He is our SEC SS. If you think HE was the drain on our offense and our team then you weren’t paying attention.
    Well, let's look at production.

2020- Westburg hit .317 with 6/0/2 (8 XBH's) and 11 RBI's in just 16 games. Thats pretty good. He was more productive in 16 games than Foreskin in 2022
    2019- Westburg hit .294 with 21/2/6 (29 XBH's) and 61 RBI's .402 OBP Not bad huh?
    2018- Belmont hit .221 with 10/0/6 (16 XBH's) and 49 RBI's. .309 OBP. Remember how this wasnt good enough and we replaced him the next year with Westburg? He still had more production than Foreskin
    2017- Gridley hit .327 15/1/6 (22 XBH's) and 39 RBI's and a .393 OBP

I just went back the 4 years before Foreskin stepped on campus to show you the kind of production we are looking for compared to what we are currently getting and it's not even close. You guys acting like he is Ozzie Smith need to realize he didnt even make the All-defensive team. We can agree he has a good glove- But I just think we lose too much offensively- especially with the high K-rate to justify playing him full-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The question is who would you get to replace lane .
    Well, that is what recruiting is all about. Finding those guys. Our staff needs to get to work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, that is what recruiting is all about. Finding those guys. Our staff needs to get to work
    It's not just the staff. It's the money people. Anybody you want is demanding $$. It appears the Kansas ss is going to set the market. Everybody on here needs to be paying at least $50 a month if we want to be relevant going forward.

And we have to decide which holes are the most urgent to fill. I think that is pitching so I think that is where the money needs to be spent this cycle.

vCash

2020- Westburg hit .317 with 6/0/2 (8 XBH's) and 11 RBI's in just 16 games. Thats pretty good. He was more productive in 16 games than Foreskin in 2022
    2019- Westburg hit .294 with 21/2/6 (29 XBH's) and 61 RBI's .402 OBP Not bad huh?
    2018- Belmont hit .221 with 10/0/6 (16 XBH's) and 49 RBI's. .309 OBP. Remember how this wasnt good enough and we replaced him the next year with Westburg? He still had more production than Foreskin

I just went back the 4 years before Foreskin stepped on campus to show you the kind of production we are looking for compared to what we are currently getting and it's not even close. You guys acting like he is Ozzie Smith need to realize he didnt even make the All-defensive team. We can agree he has a good glove- But I just think we lose too much offensively- especially with the high K-rate to justify playing him full-time.
    Where?s the defensive comparison in this? Forsythe is an elite, proven battle tested SEC/CWS level defensive SS. His defensive play in Omaha was a big part of winning that tournament. Your little act is predictable and old.

vCash
    I saw that Kansas’ SS entered the portal and he had an avg of 396 and 8 hrs. He is from Hawaii.

vCash

Funny you mention Westy in 2020 in 16 games. Westy struck out 15 out of 60 ABs. Pretty good pace there. And you keeping on saying he needs to hit .300 yet we have had 1 guy hit .300 between Lane and Frazier.

vCash
    Funny you mention Westy in 2020 in 16 games. Westy struck out 15 out of 60 ABs. Pretty good pace there. And you keeping on saying he needs to hit .300 yet we have had 1 guy hit .300 between Lane and Frazier.
    Why are you lying? I have not said in one post in this thread that he needs to hit .300. I have talked about production . He is not producing offensively. But since you brought it up- a singles hitters that cant produce XBH's does need to hit .300+. They need to be a contact guy that moves runners, can hit-n-run, and doesnt strike out much.

I love the fact you brought up Westy's 15 K's in 60 AB's. You obviously made the comment because you think that's a high number. That 1/4 AB's or 25%. Now let's look at Foreskin's:

38 K's in 110 AB's- that a K rate of 34.5%. 9.5% higher than Westy. Thank you for helping me make my point Sir.

vCash
    You do realize you are comparing Lane to a 1st rounder… must mean Lane is not very good. Haha. Move on Coach your hatred is clouding your logic. Goodnight

vCash
    Why are you lying? I have not said in one post in this thread that he needs to hit .300. I have talked about production . He is not producing offensively. But since you brought it up- a singles hitters that cant produce XBH's does need to hit .300+. They need to be a contact guy that moves runners, can hit-n-run, and doesnt strike out much.

I love the fact you brought up Westy's 15 K's in 60 AB's. You obviously made the comment because you think that's a high number. That 1/4 AB's or 25%. Now let's look at Foreskin's:

38 K's in 110 AB's- that a K rate of 34.5%. 9.5% higher than Westy. Thank you for helping me make my point Sir.
    You do realize he hit .300 the second half of the season with extra base hits...

vCash
    You do realize you are comparing Lane to a 1st rounder… must mean Lane is not very good. Haha. Move on Coach your hatred is clouding your logic. Goodnight
    It's ok buddy. You lost your argument. Always bring facts. You said nothing about 1st rounder when you thought you had me with his 25% K rate. Stay in your lane and let the knowledge consume you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You do realize he hit .300 the second half of the season with extra base hits...
    I realize he sat alot of games that saved him AB's in which would have lowered his AVG this season. 4 XBH's in about 135 total AB's is awful. K-rate is awful. Did he improve at the plate? Yes. But we are talking about playing SS in the SEC for a Top 20 program in the country. His production is more UAB-ish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    SEC series down the stretch:

0-5 vs Tenn
    0-2 vs A&M
    3-9 vs Florida
    5-13 vs Mizzou
    3-11 vs Mississippi
    1-8 vs Auburn

He was 12/48 which is .250 in the last 6 SEC series- that includes a great weekend vs Mizzou who was one of the worst staffs in the SEC. He was 7/35 without Mizzou which is .200

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Great point. We have to have a 2b, OF and a catcher (unless Hancock stays), and multiple pitchers. Ss falls behind that -!: money, scholarship and NIL , both have limits one way or another.
    I'm not expecting Cumbest back so we're going to have to find 2 OF's and a DH in addition to second base and a catcher. I think we have to have a catcher from the portal no matter what. Otherwise if Hancock and Highfill are on the team that's still only two catchers with one as a freshman. I'm not sure that Hubbard stays at catcher. Anyway three catchers with two being true freshmen is scary.