Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 players have already entered the portal (baseball)

vCash

6 players have already entered the portal (baseball)

Revy Higgins, Grey Bane, and Taylor Montiel have been in the portal for a couple of weeks.

Andrew Walling, Mikey Tepper, and Bradley Wilson entered today.

More will follow. This roster is about to be flipped upside down, and it has to happen. These next few weeks are gonna be crazy.

vCash
    I'm kind of surprised by Tepper - but that also might have been "recommended".
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We've cut almost that many recruits too. WTF are these coaches recruiting? It damn sure ain't talent it appears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Revy Higgins, Grey Bane, and Taylor Montiel have been in the portal for a couple of weeks.

More will follow. This roster is about to be flipped upside down, and it has to happen. These next few weeks are gonna be crazy.
    Do we have a stud catcher coming in or something? Surprised to see the only returning catcher on the roster (unless Hancock comes back) decide to transfer. You'd think that'd be somebody that would stick around.

Kind of surprised that they're all freshman that haven't played except for Walling and Tepper. Wonder whether they just figured out (or were told) that they aren't going to be competitive for playing time or if any of them have potential but just have decided to go chase playing time rather than hope they can earn it here later. But again, Bane seems surprising unless we have a commit that he just knows is better than he is.

vCash
    Maybe Lemonis is cutting ties with recruits that a coach brought in that will be going to a different school soon. Maybe Lemonis and another coach didn’t see eye to eye on certain kids and Lemonis is going his own way. Seems like Lemonis is hitting it head on and making changes where everyone is bitching about needing to make changes so other people can bitch and complain about a coach making changes….****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Maybe Lemonis is cutting ties with recruits that a coach brought in that will be going to a different school soon. Maybe Lemonis and another coach didn’t see eye to eye on certain kids and Lemonis is going his own way. Seems like Lemonis is hitting it head on and making changes where everyone is bitching about needing to make changes so other people can bitch and complain about a coach making changes….****
    It's not changes til we see what we bring in. Hell, we missed on all the transfers but one last year.

vCash
    Good. Needed to happen. I suspect we will have a minimum 20 new faces between juco, freshman, and portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Do we have a stud catcher coming in or something? Surprised to see the only returning catcher on the roster (unless Hancock comes back) decide to transfer. You'd think that'd be somebody that would stick around.

Kind of surprised that they're all freshman that haven't played except for Walling and Tepper. Wonder whether they just figured out (or were told) that they aren't going to be competitive for playing time or if any of them have potential but just have decided to go chase playing time rather than hope they can earn it here later. But again, Bane seems surprising unless we have a commit that he just knows is better than he is.
    Bane struggles mightily.
    Highfill will be ahead of him day 1.

vCash

Any low-utilization transfer pitcher is not really a loss. If the coach had to pitch Lane Forsythe more than a roster pitcher, then there was something wrong with that roster pitcher.

Tepper leaving is a statement about Foxhall. MT does not think Fox can help him develop to his potential. I hope he does not end up at Tennessee next season, throwing 100 mph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

Word is there is more thought Hancock might be back. Highfill is a better prospect than Bane. The 6 won't be all. Remember some aren't on baseball aid and some are on 25% can't waste any of it, produce or look like you are going to, or that scholarship is going elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Good. Needed to happen. I suspect we will have a minimum 20 new faces between juco, freshman, and portal.
    MOre than that to start the fall. Gonna have more than 8 battling for the 8 non scholly spots.

vCash
    Tepper is a huge disappointment. Not necessarily his transfer, but his career here. That was a guy you thought would be a stud coming in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Word is there is more thought Hancock might be back. Highfill is a better prospect than Bane. The 6 won't be all. Remember some aren't on baseball aid and some are on 25% can't waste any of it, produce or look like you are going to, or that scholarship is going elsewhere.
    Agree on all this(especially not wasting any of it) Hearing Luke is seriously considering coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Tepper is a huge disappointment. Not necessarily his transfer, but his career here. That was a guy you thought would be a stud coming in.
    He was. Just never put it together. Never know. Took Hudson 3 years as well. Heck Cohen yanked his scholarship too. He came back for his jr year anyway. Thank goodness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Agree on all this(especially not wasting any of it) Hearing Luke is seriously considering coming back.
    If I were him - or any of our guys other than LoTan - I'd come back simply because no way I would want THIS season attached to my name. It's not like these guys are going to get big draft dollars, stay, get some grad classes and NIL and redeem yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If I were him - or any of our guys other than LoTan - I'd come back simply because no way I would want THIS season attached to my name. It's not like these guys are going to get big draft dollars, stay, get some grad classes and NIL and redeem yourself.
    Hancock will get next to no money if he gets drafted this year or next year. Unless he just hates college baseball, coming back and playing college ball beats the hell out of riding on a crappy bus and staying in cheap hotels for a year in rookie ball.

The crappy bus and hotels will be there next year.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see what happens with Fristoe. I hate to say it, but I was worn out with Fristoe and Tepper throwing gas on fires, especially when Fristoe was really good the first half of his freshman year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    It will be interesting to see what happens with Fristoe. I hate to say it, but I was worn out with Fristoe and Tepper throwing gas on fires, especially when Fristoe was really good the first half of his freshman year.
    I could see Fristoe going into the portal. He almost did last year. He's at least shown flashes though. Walling and Tepper did nothing.

vCash
    Thats been my stance on Hancock all along. Where is he gonna go? If he gets drafted he will be on a low level bus league team living with 4 or 5 other guys in an apartment, playing in front of tens of people somewhere after signing for a twix bar and a warm pepsi. Come back and catch next year playing SEC ball, bang college girls, and play in front of 10K or more on the reg- and then sign for your twix bar and pepsi.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I could see Fristoe going into the portal. He almost did last year. He's at least shown flashes though. Walling and Tepper did nothing.
    Fristoe has a big decision. He has too much talent to keep failing. He either has hope Fox can get him straight and he really likes Sville- or he needs to try playing somewhere else like LSU or A&M where he may get coached better.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is