Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Yeager All-SEC, Hines Freshman ALl-SEC

  1. #1
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545

    Yeager All-SEC, Hines Freshman ALl-SEC

    Yeager named All-SEC 1st Team, LoTan second team and All-Defense Team.
    Hines Freshman All-SEC

    Wish we had Yeager for another year!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  2. #2
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,884
    vCash
    3706
    Good for RJ. He was the one player who was better than I expected, especially considering the rough start he had. Just wished we would've had a better season for him to enjoy.

    Biggest disappointments to me on the team are James, Tanner and Clark.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8,710
    vCash
    3100
    Kam raised his average from .264 to .303, raised his slugging, played a good third, and hit the same number of HR as last regular season. He's not TA. He's a solid college player.

  4. #4
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Kam raised his average from .264 to .303, raised his slugging, played a good third, and hit the same number of HR as last regular season. He's not TA. He's a solid college player.
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  5. #5
    Senior Member quickstrike2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    809
    vCash
    4466
    The numbers are there that say he's a solid player. For me it was the eye test. The alarming amount of times we had bases loaded with no outs and we ended up not scoring seemed to always include Kam at bat. A number I would like to see is average with RISP, I think that number would be interesting. I could be totally wrong though.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,189
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.
    We hear announcers mention our fans? baseball IQ all the time. They obviously aren?t reading the thoughts of fans that are on social media.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11,227
    vCash
    3400
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.
    I think people just expected him to be something he's not. Decent chance we're going to wish he were back next year. If we're going to suck next year, I guess I'd rather suck with Alford or another young player at 3rd, but it's not like we have a sure fire upgrade for next year.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    416
    vCash
    3000
    Any info on the mizzou SS who is from natchez and played at Co-Lin as to whether he was recruited at all? He was right here in our backyard.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8,710
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.
    Bc people thought he was an all sec type guy. Same way they thought about Hancock despite him being a career .280 hitter.

    Now old wins in this league, so I'd for sure take both back. Kam could make another jump and be .330 with 10-13 HR and Luke could be better as a senior.

    We just need a massive influx of arms.

  10. #10
    Senior Member smootness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14,593
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Biggest disappointments to me on the team are James, Tanner and Clark.
    ? Clark had a really good year. James was strong. Tanner was definitely a disappointment.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,884
    vCash
    3706
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    ? Clark had a really good year. James was strong. Tanner was definitely a disappointment.
    You call batting .257 a "really good year"? He was second on the team in K's with 47. Given the way he performed down the stretch last year, I thought a full year under his belt would yield better results.

    Ok, I give a little bit on James. He batted .303, which is an improvement from last year but he only had a total of 18 extra base hits. I personally thought his HR"s would've easily been in double digits. Defensively, there's no denying he was much improved. I kinda thought he might have a breakout, All-SEC type year though.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  12. #12
    Senior Member smootness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14,593
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    You call batting .257 a "really good year"? He was second on the team in K's with 47. Given the way he performed down the stretch last year, I thought a full year under his belt would yield better results.

    Ok, I give a little bit on James. He batted .303, which is an improvement from last year but he only had a total of 18 extra base hits. I personally thought his HR"s would've easily been in double digits. Defensively, there's no denying he was much improved. I kinda thought he might have a breakout, All-SEC type year though.
    A full year under his belt did yield better results for Clark. He hit .237 last year with an .850 OPS. This year that jumped to .257 with a .925 OPS. HR rate and RBI rate both increased and he actually K'd less per PA than last year. So yes, he had a really good year, his BA doesn't really matter much.

    James had fewer PA this year, his XBH rate was almost identical to last year. His BA improved, he got on base more, his BB and K rates improved. He had a strong year.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    416
    vCash
    3000
    pitching or the lack of it was the killer. If Fox is staying then he is now on the clock is all I can say. Everybody can't be made to throw like Simms.

  14. #14
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    A full year under his belt did yield better results for Clark. He hit .237 last year with an .850 OPS. This year that jumped to .257 with a .925 OPS. HR rate and RBI rate both increased and he actually K'd less per PA than last year. So yes, he had a really good year, his BA doesn't really matter much.

    James had fewer PA this year, his XBH rate was almost identical to last year. His BA improved, he got on base more, his BB and K rates improved. He had a strong year.
    As Lemo said in an interview - last year we had great players, this year we had good players. And we see the difference in results between good and great.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,066
    vCash
    2610
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    pitching or the lack of it was the killer. If Fox is staying then he is now on the clock is all I can say. Everybody can't be made to throw like Simms.
    This is the point. I can coach Sims and Bednar. Who can coach Tepper and Fristoe is what coaching comes down to
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    416
    vCash
    3000
    this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.