Thread: Yeager All-SEC, Hines Freshman ALl-SEC

vCash

Yeager All-SEC, Hines Freshman ALl-SEC

Yeager named All-SEC 1st Team, LoTan second team and All-Defense Team.
    Hines Freshman All-SEC

Wish we had Yeager for another year!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Good for RJ. He was the one player who was better than I expected, especially considering the rough start he had. Just wished we would've had a better season for him to enjoy.

Biggest disappointments to me on the team are James, Tanner and Clark.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Kam raised his average from .264 to .303, raised his slugging, played a good third, and hit the same number of HR as last regular season. He's not TA. He's a solid college player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Kam raised his average from .264 to .303, raised his slugging, played a good third, and hit the same number of HR as last regular season. He's not TA. He's a solid college player.
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The numbers are there that say he's a solid player. For me it was the eye test. The alarming amount of times we had bases loaded with no outs and we ended up not scoring seemed to always include Kam at bat. A number I would like to see is average with RISP, I think that number would be interesting. I could be totally wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He cut his errors from 14 to 6, and only 2 of those have been since the UGA series. I've yet to understand the redass so many have for Kam.

vCash
    We hear announcers mention our fans? baseball IQ all the time. They obviously aren?t reading the thoughts of fans that are on social media.

vCash
    I think people just expected him to be something he's not. Decent chance we're going to wish he were back next year. If we're going to suck next year, I guess I'd rather suck with Alford or another young player at 3rd, but it's not like we have a sure fire upgrade for next year.

vCash
    Any info on the mizzou SS who is from natchez and played at Co-Lin as to whether he was recruited at all? He was right here in our backyard.

vCash
    Bc people thought he was an all sec type guy. Same way they thought about Hancock despite him being a career .280 hitter.

Now old wins in this league, so I'd for sure take both back. Kam could make another jump and be .330 with 10-13 HR and Luke could be better as a senior.

We just need a massive influx of arms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Biggest disappointments to me on the team are James, Tanner and Clark.
    ? Clark had a really good year. James was strong. Tanner was definitely a disappointment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    ? Clark had a really good year. James was strong. Tanner was definitely a disappointment.
    You call batting .257 a "really good year"? He was second on the team in K's with 47. Given the way he performed down the stretch last year, I thought a full year under his belt would yield better results.

Ok, I give a little bit on James. He batted .303, which is an improvement from last year but he only had a total of 18 extra base hits. I personally thought his HR"s would've easily been in double digits. Defensively, there's no denying he was much improved. I kinda thought he might have a breakout, All-SEC type year though.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    You call batting .257 a "really good year"? He was second on the team in K's with 47. Given the way he performed down the stretch last year, I thought a full year under his belt would yield better results.

Ok, I give a little bit on James. He batted .303, which is an improvement from last year but he only had a total of 18 extra base hits. I personally thought his HR"s would've easily been in double digits. Defensively, there's no denying he was much improved. I kinda thought he might have a breakout, All-SEC type year though.
    A full year under his belt did yield better results for Clark. He hit .237 last year with an .850 OPS. This year that jumped to .257 with a .925 OPS. HR rate and RBI rate both increased and he actually K'd less per PA than last year. So yes, he had a really good year, his BA doesn't really matter much.

James had fewer PA this year, his XBH rate was almost identical to last year. His BA improved, he got on base more, his BB and K rates improved. He had a strong year.

vCash
    pitching or the lack of it was the killer. If Fox is staying then he is now on the clock is all I can say. Everybody can't be made to throw like Simms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    A full year under his belt did yield better results for Clark. He hit .237 last year with an .850 OPS. This year that jumped to .257 with a .925 OPS. HR rate and RBI rate both increased and he actually K'd less per PA than last year. So yes, he had a really good year, his BA doesn't really matter much.

James had fewer PA this year, his XBH rate was almost identical to last year. His BA improved, he got on base more, his BB and K rates improved. He had a strong year.
    As Lemo said in an interview - last year we had great players, this year we had good players. And we see the difference in results between good and great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    pitching or the lack of it was the killer. If Fox is staying then he is now on the clock is all I can say. Everybody can't be made to throw like Simms.
    This is the point. I can coach Sims and Bednar. Who can coach Tepper and Fristoe is what coaching comes down to
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    this