Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
A guy like Tanner Hall from USM is the kind of pitcher we need to target. A guy who is an ace at a mid major who is a veteran and wants to prove himself in the SEC. I doubt we'll find an Ethan Small/Dakota Hudson type ace that way but we can find guys that can compete.
But under the circumstances, why would he leave a 41-15 record, 17th ranked, likely Regional Host program to come to 26-30, dead last SEC team just so he can pitch in the SEC? He has the same opportunity to get to Omaha from where he is right now as all but 3 or 4 SEC teams this year.

Coastal Carolina followed up their 1 National Championship year with 3 straight 35+ win seasons.

Meanwhile UCLA followed up their NC in 2013 with a 25-30-1 and 12-18 record and MSU followed their NC year with this debacle. I can see us getting a couple of good pitchers from teams that have no chance, but even a guy like Yeager could have stayed at Mercer and played in the tourney more than likely.

I am just perplexed and disgusted so maybe someone will leave a tourney team to come help turn this train loaded with TNT headed for the collapsed tunnel around.