Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball question for; c34, cc24, t4s, and anybody else that closely follows baseball

vCash

Baseball question for; c34, cc24, t4s, and anybody else that closely follows baseball

Who is leaving, who should leave, and who might leave?

vCash
    Leaving:

Talley
    Yeager
    Davis
    Leggett
    Walling
    Brandon Smith
    Tullar
    Cumbest
    Tanner
    Higgins
    Bane
    Montiel
    Sims
    Stinnett

Should Leave:

Tepper
    Meche
    McGowan

50/50:

James
    Clark
    Hancock
    Fristoe
    Johnson
    Skinner
    KC
    Chance

The easier question is who is definitely back:

Hines
    Cade Smith
    Forsythe
    Pico
    Alford
    Downs
    Corder
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-21-2022 at 06:14 PM.

vCash

vCash
    That is a lot of players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    That is a lot of players.
    Which is why I have said since April that we probably need 4-5 pitchers and 5-6 position players in the portal. We already have one position player.

vCash
    Yep, not sure it's possible to find enough in the transfer portal to salvage next year. Especially if Cade Smith is seriously injured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, not sure it's possible to find enough in the transfer portal to salvage next year. Especially if Cade Smith is seriously injured.
    I?ll say again. We need to sign dual position players from Juco or Portal. We need at least 3 position players who can hit and pitch equally as good. That would help immediately with the scholly limitations.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 05-21-2022 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Good list. A couple thoughts or disagreements. - Logan tanner is somehow a big, slow, singles hitter whose arm has digressed. That?s not going to work long term.

I would like to see tepper back. I think there is talent there.

Skinner needs to go. So does corder probably.

Hancock needs to stay. He has a 0% chance at making the bigs, ever. He?s a pretty good college player.

Where are KC Hunt/fristoe/Johnson going to go? They have a chance to raise their stock. Or should I say get some stock. Unless we tell fristoe to move on.

I assume cheatem is back? And siebert gets told to move on?

Hope to see lots of new faces because the current ones are not very good at baseball.

vCash
    Hancock and Johnson are very likely gone as well. I'd almost put Presto in the 100% category. He made money this Spring and has to go or his bonus next year will get that Sr discount.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Hancock needs to stay. He has a 0% chance at making the bigs, ever. He?s a pretty good college player.

Where are KC Hunt/fristoe/Johnson going to go? They have a chance to raise their stock. Or should I say get some stock. Unless we tell fristoe to move on.
    I agree on Hancock. They gonna offer a Twix Bar and Pepsi this June or next June either way. Enjoy SEC ball another year and catch.

Hunt has the frame and arm scouts like. Hunt could be drafted high enough to move on. I hope he returns because he does have 2 years left thanks to C19

vCash
    That?s a lot of ?pro? players from a DFL team. Something aint adding up. Only 20 rounds. Lot of players from teams who actually made the tourney may have something to say about that.

vCash
    That?s a lot of ?pro? players from a DFL team. Something aint adding up. Only 20 rounds. Lot of players from teams who actually made the tourney may have something to say about that.
    We were one of the best offenses in the SEC even without being clutch- the pitching was the problem. Wont be alot of arms drafted. Stone Simmons is someone not mentioned that could return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not really. I think starting over may not be the worst thing for us.

vCash
    Good list. A couple thoughts or disagreements. - Logan tanner is somehow a big, slow, singles hitter whose arm has digressed. That?s not going to work long term.

I would like to see tepper back. I think there is talent there.

Skinner needs to go. So does corder probably.

I assume cheatem is back? And siebert gets told to move on?

Hope to see lots of new faces because the current ones are not very good at baseball.
    I agree with all of this.

vCash
    Corder should go to. He was absolute shit this year. He's a backup at best. If he's our starter in CF next year, we're in bad shape.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I think the best we can hope for next year is to use the portal and hope a few players develop enough that we get back into the middle of the pack in the SEC and get in postseason somewhere. If Lemonis somehow gets us back into a hosting position next year then I will consider him a pure magician. I think it's likely going to take more than one season to straighten out this mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not really. I think starting over may not be the worst thing for us.
    That's my thinking. The team sucked this year. Can we really get worse if some of these dudes go away?

vCash

Definitely this... For the most part, our #3 and #4 hitters in the lineup contributed 16 and 15 extra base hits, respectively, this year... a really WTF season-long cluster17, especially when you had Yeager, Hines, Kellum and Cumbest doubling those totals.

Luke - 9 doubles, 7 HR
    Logan - 8 doubles, 7 HR

Yeager - 15-2Bs, 1-3B, 18 HR (34 extra base hits)
    Hines - 13-2Bs 1-3B, 16 HR (30 xbh)
    Kellum - 12-2B, 1-3B, 14 HR (27 xbh)
    Cumbest - 12-2B, 15 HR (27 xbh)

I know you're wanting your OBA guys on ahead of the power bats, but our 3- & 4-hole hitters were 4th & 5th on the team in RBI... definitely makes the case that Lemonis ran with the wrong lineup all season. But again, our MAJOR problem this year was pitching so I'm probably splitting hairs with my argument on the batting lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Definitely this... For the most part, our #3 and #4 hitters in the lineup contributed 16 and 15 extra base hits, respectively, this year... a really WTF season-long cluster17, especially when you had Yeager, Hines, Kellum and Cumbest doubling those totals.

Luke - 9 doubles, 7 HR
    Logan - 8 doubles, 7 HR

I know you're wanting your OBA guys on ahead of the power bats, but our 3- & 4-hole hitters were 4th & 5th on the team in RBI... definitely makes the case that Lemonis ran with the wrong lineup all season. But again, our MAJOR problem this year was pitching so I'm probably splitting hairs with my argument on the batting lineup.
    This is why I asked a month ago to move them down in the order. Why would you leave them at the top of the order? Another shitty Coaching job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post

Luke - 9 doubles, 7 HR
    Logan - 8 doubles, 7 HR

Great post, and shocking stats. What was Lemonis doing keeping the lineup the same. Head scratcher