Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball question for; c34, cc24, t4s, and anybody else that closely follows baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hancock and Johnson are very likely gone as well. I'd almost put Presto in the 100% category. He made money this Spring and has to go or his bonus next year will get that Sr discount.
    Agree. Preston has no reason to come back. He's old and will get drafted. Hancock?? Who knows. If he gets a shot, he's gone. But will he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Agree. Preston has no reason to come back. He's old and will get drafted. Hancock?? Who knows. If he gets a shot, he's gone. But will he?
    On Hancock I'm about 99% sure he won't be drafted based on what I've heard and especially with the draft not being as many rounds as it used to be. And even if he is it'll be low and they'll offer him a snickers and a Coke bonus. Will he comeback either way though, like you said who knows. If he wants any shot at pro ball though about his only chance is to comeback and a catch and maybe attract some attention from scouts as a catcher. He may just be ready to move on and get on with his life too. I would like to see him comeback and fill that catcher hole for us. Think there'll probably be some pretty serious turnover for this coming season for us.

vCash
    Luke already has one NIL deal and possibly another if he comes back.

vCash
    Would love to see Preston and Luke come back.

That would be Friday night starter and starting catcher.

Hines at 1B, Forsythe at SS.

Any chance Clark or James stay? I know everyone is frustrated, but I'd really like to see these guys stay and try to turn it around for the program. Neither has played to their potential yet

vCash
    Luke is not coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Would love to see Preston and Luke come back.

That would be Friday night starter and starting catcher.

Hines at 1B, Forsythe at SS.

Any chance Clark or James stay? I know everyone is frustrated, but I'd really like to see these guys stay and try to turn it around for the program. Neither has played to their potential yet
    Good chance on Clark. Maybe James. Although if he gets drafted he will probably go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    On Hancock I'm about 99% sure he won't be drafted based on what I've heard and especially with the draft not being as many rounds as it used to be. And even if he is it'll be low and they'll offer him a snickers and a Coke bonus. Will he comeback either way though, like you said who knows. If he wants any shot at pro ball though about his only chance is to comeback and a catch and maybe attract some attention from scouts as a catcher. He may just be ready to move on and get on with his life too. I would like to see him comeback and fill that catcher hole for us. Think there'll probably be some pretty serious turnover for this coming season for us.
    He may be the first player that comes back to MSU because of NIL.

There is going to be maybe the biggest turnover in my fan lifetime. I'm expecting us to have a completely different team next year. I think we're going to hit the portal even harder than I anticipated. The only ones I fully expect back are Cade Smith, Hines, Kellum, Pico, Down, Alford, and Forsythe. The rest of the team will be a combination of freshmen, JUCO's, transfers from the portal, and maybe a couple of guys like Hancock coming back. Fall is going to be pretty wild and competitive at all positions. Except first base.

vCash
    Don’t know what you’ve heard but I know for a fact he received offers last year and had a comparable if not better year this year with over .400 OBP and only 20 Ks. No sense in saying you’re 99% sure someone won’t get drafted when you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

vCash
    Just information- similar size contact Lefty hitter with low Pop...

Josh Hatcher became a beast at Kennasaw State 397 hitter, 9 HR, 25 2B, 45 RBI, +600 SLG, and +450 OBP. Stole 11 bases.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 05-23-2022 at 09:37 AM.