Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beef feeling salty tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    If Lemonis gives KC a clean 8th—it would have been a move a good Coach makes. But when the dude doubles—then make the move—but 17 no. Come on Man.
    Problem is KC has been a shade worse than awful his last few outings so I really do not blame us for sticking with Preston there.

vCash
    Only an idiot doesnt pull Johnson at 110 pitches after the double. Then after the single- even a baseball coach at an inner city school in the heart of Baltimore makes a pitching change.

But nope- not us. Lemon eats his steaks well done. Its obvious
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Problem is KC has been a shade worse than awful his last few outings so I really do not blame us for sticking with Preston there.
    KC fresh is always better than Presto at 110 pitches on a 93 degree heat day. Every. Single. Time

Tenn was swinging away and even the 2 outs had just missed. The first out Cumbest caught on the track. Stevie Wonder tried to call the dugout to tell Lemon he was done.

It was a little league moronic mistake to keep him in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Yeah. I guess moral victories are better than immoral losses.
    Losses suck either way, but when a team quits, you have bigger problems. They competed tonight. Now let's go get some better talent

vCash
    Time to flush this season and completely move on. We will definitely have some attrition but I do not necessarily think that is a bad thing. We have to get A LOT better in the bullpen. A competent pen gives a minimum of 12 more wins this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    KC fresh is always better than Presto at 110 pitches on a 93 degree heat day. Every. Single. Time

Tenn was swinging away and even the 2 outs had just missed. The first out Cumbest caught on the track. Stevie Wonder tried to call the dugout to tell Lemon he was done.

As you said many of us on this board could have coached our staff to a team ERA of 6.

vCash
    In the Media Q&A, Lemonis said that it has been a crazy year and we have under performed. He said we have had injuries and other staff (not sure what this means) but he said he still thought we would play good enough to get in. He also said he did a poor job of having our players ready. May have been more of a carryover, from the Natty on lack of preparation from our coaches than our players.

I doubt anybody would disagree with the under performance and not having our players ready.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 05-20-2022 at 11:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    In the Media Q&A, Lemonis said that it has been a crazy year and we have under performed. He said we have had injuries and other staff (not sure what this means) but he said he still thought we would play good enough to get in. He also said he did a poor job of having our players ready. May have been more of a carryover, from the Natty on lack of preparation from our coaches than our players.

I doubt anybody would disagree with the under performance and not having our players ready.
    He's not going to throw anyone under the bus but pitching is about 90% of our problem right now. And I'm sure he knows it.

The most interesting quote in that press conference was about him going on the road to recruit.

vCash
    Maybe he's now going to do more of his own evaluating of talent because whoever he used last year ain't cutting it.

vCash
    Hats off to Preston! Showed true energy and grit. And didn?t back down to those ass Tn players. I feel truly bad for Preston being left on the bump with the game on the line and 100+ pitch count. Lemonis and coaches should really be questioned for that decision. Regardless that?s been their decisions all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    Hats off to Preston! Showed true energy and grit. And didn?t back down to those ass Tn players. I feel truly bad for Preston being left on the bump with the game on the line and 100+ pitch count. Lemonis and coaches should really be questioned for that decision. Regardless that?s been their decisions all season.
    True. Lot of respect for Preston. He is all Dawg and an real warrior. Fact is he is our best pitcher and it ain't even close.

Yes should have pulled at 110.

Sims and Preston were the only real returning contributing pitchers from NC team and we lost Sims. Preston was the lone stud and was all year. A few others had potential and were good in spots this year but no one really stepped up and made a major move. New guys were just not ready.

This loss was like most were all year. Poor coaching and no bull pen and critical hitting when needed.

vCash
    That?s what pisses me off so bad. Lemon and Fox totally ruined an outstanding effort from Presto in his last game at Dudy Noble. Absolutely ridiculous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

The most interesting quote in that press conference was about him going on the road to recruit.
    What did he say?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's not going to throw anyone under the bus but pitching is about 90% of our problem right now. And I'm sure he knows it.

No doubt pitching is the primary issue but I've never seen a team that coordinates so well to achieve losses. Yes, Presto should have been pulled yesterday before he was but we've scored 5 runs in 2 games against TN which is pathetic. Our offense always does just well enough to make sure we still lose. No way we should have lost yesterday holding TN to 4 runs no matter the pitching decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

He has done it all year. We are through and He still doesn’t know who his centerfielder is. We can go back game after game and see non-moves that most little league coaches make.

vCash
    Another problem Lemonis has had is getting RISP home. yesterday as an example. Clark on second no outs. 3 straight Ks. How big was that run? With 2 bunts we could have had another run. No pressure on the defense by striking out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Another problem Lemonis has had is getting RISP home. yesterday as an example. Clark on second no outs. 3 straight Ks. How big was that run? With 2 bunts we could have had another run. No pressure on the defense by striking out.
    Something interesting I observed yesterday when Tennessee was taking BP. After they take their cuts in the cage each one of them goes behind the cage and practicing bunting for about 4-5 pitches. I think just the ability for any of our guys to bunt leads to 3-4 more wins this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    He said he had Cade Smith warming up in the bullpen. Should have brought him in when Preston got up to the 100+ pitch count.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    When you said salty I was kind of hoping he was beaming those orange twat-hairs with 99 mph fbs in the face
    Excellent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    He said he had Cade Smith warming up in the bullpen. Should have brought him in when Preston got up to the 100+ pitch count.
    Speaking of Cade Smith, per the SPS board, it sounds like he was injured today? I hope not but boy, if so, this season has truly been a disaster of epic proportions.