Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: anytime -MSU doesn't make Hoover

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,879
    vCash
    3700

    anytime -MSU doesn't make Hoover

    the whole coaching staff needs to be fired,, We have everything a Coach needs to be top 5 in the nation every year. To not even make Hoover is just unexceptable. Fire them all .

  2. #2
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545
    So we should have fired Cohen 3 times? And Ron Polk about 6 times?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  3. #3
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NW MS
    Posts
    1,568
    vCash
    96009
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn’t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

    Next year will be better.

  4. #4
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    65,072
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So we should have fired Cohen 3 times? And Ron Polk about 6 times?
    I'm drawing a blank today, has the field always included so many teams?

  5. #5
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    65,072
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn’t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

    Next year will be better.
    Let's hope so. I don't follow recruiting closely, so no idea who we bringing in, but we seem primed to lose a lot

  6. #6
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm drawing a blank today, has the field always included so many teams?
    Format has changed a lot - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southe...all_Tournament
    The answer to your question is "no" - but the OP didn't quantify that. It was 4 teams for a long time (when the SEC only had 10 teams), then bumped to 6 in '87, then 8 in '92, 10 in '12, and '12 in '13.

    And I'm not trying to defend the season - but baseball is such a fickle sport where a lot of "that shouldn't happen" happens. Baseball is a sport of patience, and is not a sport you can go firing coaches on a whim or a single bad season. Our turnover in coaching is one of the reasons we are in this spot this year.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  7. #7
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,884
    vCash
    3706
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn?t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

    Next year will be better.
    How are we going to be better? Granted some of our guys haven't performed like we thought but truth is they're starters for a reason. That tells you how bad our recruiting has been. Next year you'll need a new catcher, 1b, 2b, 3b, lf, cf. I doubt Kellum leaves but I could be wrong. Yeah, next year ain't looking good bro.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,879
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Format has changed a lot - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southe...all_Tournament
    The answer to your question is "no" - but the OP didn't quantify that. It was 4 teams for a long time (when the SEC only had 10 teams), then bumped to 6 in '87, then 8 in '92, 10 in '12, and '12 in '13.

    And I'm not trying to defend the season - but baseball is such a fickle sport where a lot of "that shouldn't happen" happens. Baseball is a sport of patience, and is not a sport you can go firing coaches on a whim or a single bad season. Our turnover in coaching is one of the reasons we are in this spot this year.
    That was then. When JC got here -he had to rebuild. I’m talking today-with the best facilities in the Country. I’m not talking about making a regional or Omaha—I’m talking about getting to Hoover. With 5 starters from a Natty along with Clark and Yeager. So- you are ok with us not being at Hoover? Sorry. But any Coach should be told up front—you miss Hoover your ass is History.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,879
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn’t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

    Next year will be better.
    Yours is the dumb ass take. Why do you think we will better. Give me some reasons why? I would think if you have most of your starting lineup back from a Natty—the odds are you wouldn’t have a losing season and not even make Hoover. I see absolutely no reason to think we will be better. Our current recruiting class doesn’t look to be better than the players we have on the field today.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,103
    vCash
    106728
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    the whole coaching staff needs to be fired,, We have everything a Coach needs to be top 5 in the nation every year. To not even make Hoover is just unexceptable. Fire them all .
    Day drinking on a Friday?

  11. #11
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NW MS
    Posts
    1,568
    vCash
    96009
    I think we’ll be better solely because we haven’t been this bad in almost forever. Literally can’t get much worse.

    But hell yea, let’s go all scorched earth one year removed from winning it all. Smart plan.

    Pitching will be WAY better than this year and that’s where problem lied this year.

  12. #12
    Tha Winnah! ScoobaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,424
    vCash
    2163236147
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Day drinking on a Friday?
    He never stopped from last night..

  13. #13
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NW MS
    Posts
    1,568
    vCash
    96009
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I would think if you have most of your starting lineup back from a Natty—the odds are you wouldn’t have a losing season and not even make Hoover.
    Tanner Allen
    Rowdy Jordan
    Scotty Debrule

    How much of that production did we miss this year???? All damn bit of it.

    Not one single starting pitcher this year was close to a starter from last year (well maybe Cerantola haha) and it’s not even close.

  14. #14
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    That was then. When JC got here -he had to rebuild. I’m talking today-with the best facilities in the Country. I’m not talking about making a regional or Omaha—I’m talking about getting to Hoover. With 5 starters from a Natty along with Clark and Yeager. So- you are ok with us not being at Hoover? Sorry. But any Coach should be told up front—you miss Hoover your ass is History.
    So '15 was part of the rebuild from Polk? That team had an MLB starting pitcher, and 13 MiL guys most of whom are still playing and 2-3 of whom have had some MLB service time. And don't give me the "bats changed" excuse - it was year 7 of Cohen and we were 2 years removed from National Runner Up. This year sucked but you need to back of the ledge.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-20-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  15. #15
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,884
    vCash
    3706
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Tanner Allen
    Rowdy Jordan
    Scotty Debrule

    How much of that production did we miss this year???? All damn bit of it.

    Not one single starting pitcher this year was close to a starter from last year (well maybe Cerantola haha) and it?s not even close.
    Yeager's production is far better than Dubrule's and it's not debatable so that dog won't hunt. Now, losing the SEC POY and a 4 year starter, those stung and hurt but overall the numbers offensively are pretty similar to last years and actually a little better if you reference the thread earlier this week. Losing Bednar, Sims, Simmons, Harding and Macleod is what doomed this club as well as the lack of development of guys like Tepper, Stinnett, Hunt, Walling, Fristoe. Before anyone says anything, Macleod had an era of about 3 until post season and he was terrible from that point on. Finished above 5.00. His last five starts were miserable (gave up 26 runs in his last 17 innings for work) but he was pretty solid, not spectacular for the regular season.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 05-20-2022 at 01:27 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  16. #16
    Senior Member BrunswickDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Home of Slay, GA
    Posts
    11,000
    vCash
    1267545
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeager's production is far better than Dubrule's and it's not debatable so that dog won't hunt. Now, losing the SEC POY and a 4 year starter, those stung and hurt but overall the numbers offensively are pretty similar to last years and actually a little better if you reference the thread earlier this week. Losing Bednar, Sims, Simmons, Harding and Macleod is what doomed this club as well as the lack of development of guys like Tepper, Stinnett, Hunt, Walling, Fristoe. Before anyone says anything, Macleod had an era of about 3 until post season and he was terrible from that point on. Finished above 5.00. His last five starts were miserable but he was pretty solid, not spectacular until then.
    And I would assume that Macleod was injured, or at least his elbow was beginning to unravel, because he only threw in 1 MiL game after being drafted, didn't play fall ball, and had TJ on March 8th.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

  17. #17
    Senior Member Gutter Cobreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,876
    vCash
    2000000000
    We got run-ruled in our 2 games last year in the SEC tourney!!! Didn't matter then and doesn't matter today.

    We weren't going to magically run the table to get into the NCAA tournament anyway...

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    We got run-ruled in our 2 games last year in the SEC tourney!!! Didn't matter then and doesn't matter today.

    We weren't going to magically run the table to get into the NCAA tournament anyway...
    Yeah. Last night was t our first prison rape by Tennessee. They run-ruled us last year. In fact, I believe if Tennessee had our side of the bracket in Omaha last year, we might still not have that elusive NC. The players that returned to State this year are UT?s bitches in the last two times they played. But this time, UT has nearly as many new faces as State. State got our recruited ( or maybe out evaluated) in baseball in back to back years. Think about how sucky that is.

  19. #19
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    18,108
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Yeah. Last night was t our first prison rape by Tennessee. They run-ruled us last year. In fact, I believe if Tennessee had our side of the bracket in Omaha last year, we might still not have that elusive NC. The players that returned to State this year are UT?s bitches in the last two times they played. But this time, UT has nearly as many new faces as State. State got our recruited ( or maybe out evaluated) in baseball in back to back years. Think about how sucky that is.
    Tennessee was on our side of the bracket in Omaha last year and went out in 2 games.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,243
    vCash
    3000
    This year has certainly been frustrating, but some of the stuff our own fans are posting is asinine. Trying to make excuses for why we won a national championship last year because they are so angry about this team and trying to downplay our title is just ridiculous. Yes this year was bad, but we had the top team last year. Cohen had a similar bad team in 2015. Van Horn had some bad teams, Sullivan too. It happens. Lemonis did use his national championship leniency up quick though so I do expect to see improvement next year. At least 500 in SEC play and make the tournament

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.