Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anytime -MSU doesn't make Hoover

vCash

anytime -MSU doesn't make Hoover

the whole coaching staff needs to be fired,, We have everything a Coach needs to be top 5 in the nation every year. To not even make Hoover is just unexceptable. Fire them all .

vCash
    So we should have fired Cohen 3 times? And Ron Polk about 6 times?
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn’t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

Next year will be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    So we should have fired Cohen 3 times? And Ron Polk about 6 times?
    I'm drawing a blank today, has the field always included so many teams?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn’t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

Let's hope so. I don't follow recruiting closely, so no idea who we bringing in, but we seem primed to lose a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm drawing a blank today, has the field always included so many teams?
    Format has changed a lot - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southe...all_Tournament
    The answer to your question is "no" - but the OP didn't quantify that. It was 4 teams for a long time (when the SEC only had 10 teams), then bumped to 6 in '87, then 8 in '92, 10 in '12, and '12 in '13.

And I'm not trying to defend the season - but baseball is such a fickle sport where a lot of "that shouldn't happen" happens. Baseball is a sport of patience, and is not a sport you can go firing coaches on a whim or a single bad season. Our turnover in coaching is one of the reasons we are in this spot this year.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Dumb ass take. Sometimes it just isn?t you year. Highest of highs last year. Lowest of lows this year.

How are we going to be better? Granted some of our guys haven't performed like we thought but truth is they're starters for a reason. That tells you how bad our recruiting has been. Next year you'll need a new catcher, 1b, 2b, 3b, lf, cf. I doubt Kellum leaves but I could be wrong. Yeah, next year ain't looking good bro.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Format has changed a lot - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southe...all_Tournament
    The answer to your question is "no" - but the OP didn't quantify that. It was 4 teams for a long time (when the SEC only had 10 teams), then bumped to 6 in '87, then 8 in '92, 10 in '12, and '12 in '13.

And I'm not trying to defend the season - but baseball is such a fickle sport where a lot of "that shouldn't happen" happens. Baseball is a sport of patience, and is not a sport you can go firing coaches on a whim or a single bad season. Our turnover in coaching is one of the reasons we are in this spot this year.
    That was then. When JC got here -he had to rebuild. I’m talking today-with the best facilities in the Country. I’m not talking about making a regional or Omaha—I’m talking about getting to Hoover. With 5 starters from a Natty along with Clark and Yeager. So- you are ok with us not being at Hoover? Sorry. But any Coach should be told up front—you miss Hoover your ass is History.

vCash

Yours is the dumb ass take. Why do you think we will better. Give me some reasons why? I would think if you have most of your starting lineup back from a Natty—the odds are you wouldn’t have a losing season and not even make Hoover. I see absolutely no reason to think we will be better. Our current recruiting class doesn’t look to be better than the players we have on the field today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    the whole coaching staff needs to be fired,, We have everything a Coach needs to be top 5 in the nation every year. To not even make Hoover is just unexceptable. Fire them all .
    Day drinking on a Friday?

vCash
    I think we’ll be better solely because we haven’t been this bad in almost forever. Literally can’t get much worse.

But hell yea, let’s go all scorched earth one year removed from winning it all. Smart plan.

Pitching will be WAY better than this year and that’s where problem lied this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Day drinking on a Friday?
    He never stopped from last night..

vCash
    I would think if you have most of your starting lineup back from a Natty—the odds are you wouldn’t have a losing season and not even make Hoover.
    Tanner Allen
    Rowdy Jordan
    Scotty Debrule

How much of that production did we miss this year???? All damn bit of it.

Not one single starting pitcher this year was close to a starter from last year (well maybe Cerantola haha) and it’s not even close.

vCash
    That was then. When JC got here -he had to rebuild. I’m talking today-with the best facilities in the Country. I’m not talking about making a regional or Omaha—I’m talking about getting to Hoover. With 5 starters from a Natty along with Clark and Yeager. So- you are ok with us not being at Hoover? Sorry. But any Coach should be told up front—you miss Hoover your ass is History.
    So '15 was part of the rebuild from Polk? That team had an MLB starting pitcher, and 13 MiL guys most of whom are still playing and 2-3 of whom have had some MLB service time. And don't give me the "bats changed" excuse - it was year 7 of Cohen and we were 2 years removed from National Runner Up. This year sucked but you need to back of the ledge.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-20-2022 at 01:11 PM.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Tanner Allen
    Rowdy Jordan
    Scotty Debrule

How much of that production did we miss this year???? All damn bit of it.

Not one single starting pitcher this year was close to a starter from last year (well maybe Cerantola haha) and it?s not even close.
    Yeager's production is far better than Dubrule's and it's not debatable so that dog won't hunt. Now, losing the SEC POY and a 4 year starter, those stung and hurt but overall the numbers offensively are pretty similar to last years and actually a little better if you reference the thread earlier this week. Losing Bednar, Sims, Simmons, Harding and Macleod is what doomed this club as well as the lack of development of guys like Tepper, Stinnett, Hunt, Walling, Fristoe. Before anyone says anything, Macleod had an era of about 3 until post season and he was terrible from that point on. Finished above 5.00. His last five starts were miserable (gave up 26 runs in his last 17 innings for work) but he was pretty solid, not spectacular for the regular season.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 05-20-2022 at 01:27 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeager's production is far better than Dubrule's and it's not debatable so that dog won't hunt. Now, losing the SEC POY and a 4 year starter, those stung and hurt but overall the numbers offensively are pretty similar to last years and actually a little better if you reference the thread earlier this week. Losing Bednar, Sims, Simmons, Harding and Macleod is what doomed this club as well as the lack of development of guys like Tepper, Stinnett, Hunt, Walling, Fristoe. Before anyone says anything, Macleod had an era of about 3 until post season and he was terrible from that point on. Finished above 5.00. His last five starts were miserable but he was pretty solid, not spectacular until then.
    And I would assume that Macleod was injured, or at least his elbow was beginning to unravel, because he only threw in 1 MiL game after being drafted, didn't play fall ball, and had TJ on March 8th.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We got run-ruled in our 2 games last year in the SEC tourney!!! Didn't matter then and doesn't matter today.

We weren't going to magically run the table to get into the NCAA tournament anyway...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    We got run-ruled in our 2 games last year in the SEC tourney!!! Didn't matter then and doesn't matter today.

We weren't going to magically run the table to get into the NCAA tournament anyway...
    Yeah. Last night was t our first prison rape by Tennessee. They run-ruled us last year. In fact, I believe if Tennessee had our side of the bracket in Omaha last year, we might still not have that elusive NC. The players that returned to State this year are UT?s bitches in the last two times they played. But this time, UT has nearly as many new faces as State. State got our recruited ( or maybe out evaluated) in baseball in back to back years. Think about how sucky that is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Yeah. Last night was t our first prison rape by Tennessee. They run-ruled us last year. In fact, I believe if Tennessee had our side of the bracket in Omaha last year, we might still not have that elusive NC. The players that returned to State this year are UT?s bitches in the last two times they played. But this time, UT has nearly as many new faces as State. State got our recruited ( or maybe out evaluated) in baseball in back to back years. Think about how sucky that is.
    Tennessee was on our side of the bracket in Omaha last year and went out in 2 games.

vCash
    This year has certainly been frustrating, but some of the stuff our own fans are posting is asinine. Trying to make excuses for why we won a national championship last year because they are so angry about this team and trying to downplay our title is just ridiculous. Yes this year was bad, but we had the top team last year. Cohen had a similar bad team in 2015. Van Horn had some bad teams, Sullivan too. It happens. Lemonis did use his national championship leniency up quick though so I do expect to see improvement next year. At least 500 in SEC play and make the tournament