Thread: Morning After Thoughts

vCash

Morning After Thoughts

1. Last night was an absolute utter embarrassment. One of the top 5 most embarrassing MSU moments in my lifetime. Up there with Maine, 08 Egg Bowl, and 3-2. Lemonis and the staff lost a lot of the fanbase last night and it will take a good while to get some of them back.

2. This is quite possibly the worst pitching staff we have put on a field since the turn of the century. I know those early Cohen teams had bad staffs but they also never gave up 27 runs. Outside of Cade Smith and the guys who are injured I see no reason to bring any of them back. It's an indictment on Foxhall and an indictment on our recruiting. We're recruiting a lot of projects that have no chance of developing. To put it into perspective I watched Andy Cannizarro take a pitching staff that had 3 POSITION PLAYERS pitching innings, and two of them starting(Gordon and Mangum), and he rode that staff to a regional title and within 5 outs of stealing Game 1 of a Super Regional in Alex Box. Injuries are only an excuse when you don't want to admit you screwed up recruiting a bunch of projects.

3. We need to hit the transfer portal HARD. No less than 5 pitchers and 5 position players. This team needs to be completely rebuilt.

4. If this team doesn't come out tonight pissed off and mad as hell then they don't deserve to wear that M over S any longer. I can handle getting beat because Tennessee is no doubt better than us, but what I can't handle is getting embarrassed like that. Tennessee has only scored 27 runs in conference play twice FOR THE WEEKEND. And since I brought up Cannizaro earlier, we need that swagger back. The boxing gloves need to make a return. Hell yea it was corny but our guys believed and bought in to stepping in the ring and throwing punches and fighting. That attitude went out the door when 4 and 5 left Dudy Noble last year.

5. Lemonis hasn't lost me yet, but last night went a pretty far way in that direction.

Even through all of that, I'll still be there tonight hoping and praying for a miracle.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-20-2022 at 08:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    1. Last night was an absolute utter embarrassment. One of the top 5 most embarrassing MSU moments in my lifetime. Up there with Maine, 08 Egg Bowl, and 3-2. Lemonis and the staff lost a lot of the fanbase last night and it will take a good while to get some of them back.

2. This is quite possibly the worst pitching staff we have put on a field since the turn of the century. I know those early Cohen teams had bad staffs but they also never gave up 27 runs. Outside of Cade Smith and the guys who are injured I see no reason to bring any of them back. It's an indictment on Foxhall and an indictment on our recruiting. We're recruiting a lot of projects that have no chance of developing

3. We need to hit the transfer portal HARD. No less than 5 pitchers and 5 position players. This team needs to be completely rebuilt.

4. If this team doesn't come out tonight pissed off and mad as hell then they don't deserve to wear that M over S any longer. I can handle getting beat because Tennessee is no doubt better than us, but what I can't handle is getting embarrassed like that. Tennessee has only scored 27 runs in conference play twice FOR THE WEEKEND.

5. Lemonis hasn't lost me yet, but last night went a pretty far way in that direction.

Even through all of that, I'll still be there tonight hoping and praying for a miracle.
    even god cant help this team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    even god cant help this team
    I should've clarified. I don't actually think we're going to win, I'm just praying they don't score 27 again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I should've clarified. I don't actually think we're going to win, I'm just praying they don't score 27 again.
    If we continue to bend over and take it, I hope Tenn beats us to oblivion. May need to go for a record crowd Saturday just to boo this bunch

vCash
    Our last 2 games vs Tenn...
    Tenn 39
    State 4

Holy shit! If we don't show some backbone tonight, I'm really gonna start questioning lemonis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our last 2 games vs Tenn...
    Tenn 39
    State 4

Holy shit! If we don't show some backbone tonight, I'm really gonna start questioning lemonis
    Love PJ but until last night, he?d given up most HR on team with 17

UTK is going in dry tonight

vCash
    It seems to me the only good pitcher we've got is Cade Smith, who will pitch for about 100 or so pitches, and then they will take him out and bring in somebody from the bullpen who will get clobbered. Either that or he can't find the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    It seems to me the only good pitcher we've got is Cade Smith, who will pitch for about 100 or so pitches, and then they will take him out and bring in somebody from the bullpen who will get clobbered. Either that or he can't find the plate.
    I take those comments back. Johnson is a very good pitcher also.