Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
To fix it, needs a new pitching coach, needs about +20 replacement players, a talent evaluator, and a recruiting ace. Can he use his own salary to NIL himself two SoCon Aces? A non SEC coach salary is a steep drop-off, he should bootleg some Cubans while border is wide open, take matters into his own hands.

Will a 14-16 SEC record and a SECT appearance cut it next season? What is his survival threshold next season?

C- Open
1B - Hines (Good)
2B - Open
SS - Forsythe (ok)
3B - Open (Alford)
OF - Clark (ok)
CF - Open (Downs)
OF - Open

SEC1 - Cade
SEC2 - Pico
All other Spots - Open

Medical Redshirts - Simmons & Auger
We need a new pitching coach. BADLY. Gautreau- I don't really care what he does one way or the other. I think he goes to Tulane personally. If he does we need to hire a coach with scouting connections.

Expect our focus in the portal to be on pitching. I would not be surprised if we bring in 5-6 pitchers alone. We have a bunch of pitchers that better figure out how to compete and throw strikes whether it's Foxhall or not.

Survival threshold? I think as long as he at least gets a winning record he will be safe. That probably will get us in a regional if we do that- or at least close to it. I think it also depends on whether he keeps Foxhall or not too. If he keeps him- we better see massive improvements. Hard to gauge that at this time. Depends a lot on how we do in the portal and we will hit it hard without question. Essentially that and how many guys we can get to come back for their senior year on offense I think will guide fan expectations. We have a lot of guys who look like they fall somewhere between round 5-15 as far as Hancock, James, Cumbest, Hunt, and Clark. We'll see if (maybe) full scholarships and NIL money can get them back. Always depends on the draft slot though. That won't be known until June. We'll always have a freshman or two that contributes too.

We do need to have some foresight though. Our first full class that really benefitted from the National Championship won't be on campus until 2024. We need to keep that in mind with Lemonis or any other changes we may make. I was worried about our 2016 class after we had a bad 2015 like this year too- thankfully we kept Cohen and we were able to keep that class together which helped launch our most recent run. I'm giving Lemonis some leeway because he has take us to Omaha twice and won a National Championship plus he has earned the right to try things with new assistants. I think the portal likely saves him and our team next year anyway.