Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Last series of the year and no game thread...

vCash
    Let's legit bring back Cannizaro. His recruits were absolutely elite.....and certain staff members are gone anyways. I'm just sick of always having "young" and "developing" talent. That works if they are actually developing, but we aren't able to win against Samford or Mizzou.

Also, what is the white sauce at Little Dewey's made off? I might try make my own this summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'd rather have had Chizik, Newton and a title than Dan Mullen's tenure at State. It's simple. Rings Ernie.
    Nah I hate Chizik and N$t$n. Dak's reign, without a title, was one of my favorite sports experiences of all time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well we were 30K away from having two of those and Chizik was not one of them.
    The guy who is a day late and a dollar short ain't the man for the job.

vCash
    Ok I?ve calmed down some. But last night and the whole season has been a nightmare as in the old tv show Twilight Zone. I?ve either watched or been at every game this season. Been a fan of M over S baseball since 1979. I?ve been to away regionals, I?ve been to Omaha 3 times, used to own 4 chairback seats, traveled back and forth from Jackson area to Starkville more times than I can count. I?ve put in my years following M over S baseball.

This year?s team has to be the worst coached team that I can remember. Sure there have been some bad teams over the years. But this team has no fight, no moxie, no leadership and VERY little development. Years past we would start out slow some years then by end of season be a decent team. And what amazed me in years past a lot of the players weren?t really SEC caliber players but by season end they damn sure were. This coaching staff hasn?t developed many if any players this year and that concerns me greatly going forward. If this continues, regardless of Natty, Lemonis and crew need to be shown the door and quickly. We have the fan base, we have the facilities, we have the best stadium, we compete at the highest levels of college baseball and therefore we should not put up with this garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    UGA Football:

2014- 10-3 Belk Bowl Champions
    2015- 10-3 Gator Bowl Champions
    2016- 8-5 Liberty Bowl Champions
    2017- 13-2 SEC Champs, CFP Finalist
    2018- 13-2 East Champs, Lost Sugar Bowl
    2019- 12-2 East Champs, Sugar Bowl Champs
    2020- 8-2 Peach Bowl Champs
    2021-22- 14-1 East Champs, National Champs

MSU Baseball

2014- 39-24 Lost in Regional
    2015- 24-30
    2016- 44-18 SEC Champs, Lost in Supers
    2017- 40-27, Lost in Supers
    2018- 39-29, CWS 3rd place
    2019- 52-15, CWS 5th place
    2021- 50-18, National Champs
    2022- 26-28

So if we are trying to compare Georgia has never come close to a losing season and we have had 2.

Also, Georgia has won 4 division championships and we have one. Again as I said, it is apples to oranges in comparison but since you are trying so hard to compare it, here it is.
    Reading comprehension. I never said UGA never came close to a losing season. Read my post slowly next time instead of trying to show someone up for something they didn't say.

I'll repeat and type slower. I said MSU winning NC last year and not going to post season this year is like UGA (who won NC last year) having a losing season and not going to a bowl next year (just like we did). Now do you see the comparison?

It had nothing to do with comparing the historical programs although I think it is pretty fair even.

The point was how would everyone look at UGA football and Kirby if that happens this year? The criticism of our program right now is justified. I'm not saying fire them all but they deserve every ounce of criticism for this year for such a proud program.