Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Last series of the year and no game thread...

vCash
    27-2

Twenty Seven to Two

I feel confident that Delta State could compete with Tennessee better than that. Who woulda thought the same guy to bring us our first Natty would also be the guy to embarrass us the most, and it would take him less than a year to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I said UGA won 2 - other one was 40 years ago. We played in 2 NC series the past 8 years just as good as UGA. Recently no one has been better than MSU in baseball - before this year. Again has UGA football set NCAA records for playoff appearances? MSU 3 straight CWS 5 straight supers - no one has ever done that in NCAA history. Yeah MSU baseball is as good as UGA football. What you got?

Oh and the Dude and the history is 2nd to none. That is also better than UGA football. Players in the pros - I think MSU baseball is as good or better than UGA football too.

The past 8 years show me how UGA football has done better than MSU baseball????
    Agree. We've done many things no other team has and have a long history plus the best park and fan base in the country.

That being said we should be reloading not rebuilding. The whole staff obviously let winning go to our heads. This includes coaches and players.
    We can fix this but it's going to require Lemonis bringing in someone that can evaluate talent and also NIL deals to keep and get top players.
    Lemonis basically did what Mullen did after the orange bowl, lost all recruiting momentum (different reasons). Lemonis better get some players and someone to evaluate talent because Cohen has shown he isn't going to tolerate losing anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    27-2

Twenty Seven to Two

I feel confident that Delta State could compete with Tennessee better than that. Who woulda thought the same guy to bring us our first Natty would also be the guy to embarrass us the most, and it would take him less than a year to do it.
    ****ing nailed it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't see how he could give Foxhall another year honestly. Why would Lemonis hitch his wagon to the guy? And Cohen and our fans aren't going to put up with a Mullen/Hevesy situation in baseball.

This isn't really knee jerk. Despite injuries- which may also partially be his fault- leaving pitchers in too long, taking them out too soon, Little League level pitch calling, and pitchers that look like they haven't been coached at all. Completely whiffed on the portal and banked on Tullar and Stinnett. He's awful.
    It seems that Foxhall has fallen in love with the elevated 4-seamer after seeing Bednar and Sims dominate with it. Unfortunately, we don't have a staff full of Bednars and Simses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I said UGA won 2 - other one was 40 years ago. We played in 2 NC series the past 8 years just as good as UGA. Recently no one has been better than MSU in baseball - before this year. Again has UGA football set NCAA records for playoff appearances? MSU 3 straight CWS 5 straight supers - no one has ever done that in NCAA history. Yeah MSU baseball is as good as UGA football. What you got?

Oh and the Dude and the history is 2nd to none. That is also better than UGA football. Players in the pros - I think MSU baseball is as good or better than UGA football too.

The past 8 years show me how UGA football has done better than MSU baseball????
    UGA Football:

2014- 10-3 Belk Bowl Champions
    2015- 10-3 Gator Bowl Champions
    2016- 8-5 Liberty Bowl Champions
    2017- 13-2 SEC Champs, CFP Finalist
    2018- 13-2 East Champs, Lost Sugar Bowl
    2019- 12-2 East Champs, Sugar Bowl Champs
    2020- 8-2 Peach Bowl Champs
    2021-22- 14-1 East Champs, National Champs

MSU Baseball

2014- 39-24 Lost in Regional
    2015- 24-30
    2016- 44-18 SEC Champs, Lost in Supers
    2017- 40-27, Lost in Supers
    2018- 39-29, CWS 3rd place
    2019- 52-15, CWS 5th place
    2021- 50-18, National Champs
    2022- 26-28

So if we are trying to compare Georgia has never come close to a losing season and we have had 2.

Also, Georgia has won 4 division championships and we have one. Again as I said, it is apples to oranges in comparison but since you are trying so hard to compare it, here it is.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 05-19-2022 at 10:51 PM.

vCash
    Lemonis supporter here. This is unacceptable. At all levels. He gets one year to get this fixed from me.

vCash
    I don't watch baseball as much as football but I've still always followed it and pulled for our guys.. to see what has unfolded this season after a Natty is embarrassing.. its one thing to lose but have some pride and don't lose like this. Other fans are probably thinking our NC is a fluke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I don't watch baseball as much as football but I've still always followed it and pulled for our guys.. to see what has unfolded this season after a Natty is embarrassing.. its one thing to lose but have some pride and don't lose like this. Other fans are probably thinking our NC is a fluke
    They can think whatever the blue hell they want. Fact remains we got the trophy and they got jealous. That said, this season is a dumpster fire of the level of the finest Shakespearean tragedies. It's a level of embarrassment I thought I'd never see with MSU baseball. I'm not knowledgeable of the intricacies of the sport enough to know whether to blame the coaches, players, or both so I'll just say this is just bullshit and whoever's fault it is needs to get their head out of their ass and fix this by next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Lemonis supporter here. This is unacceptable. At all levels. He gets one year to get this fixed from me.
    To fix it, needs a new pitching coach, needs about +20 replacement players, a talent evaluator, and a recruiting ace. Can he use his own salary to NIL himself two SoCon Aces? A non SEC coach salary is a steep drop-off, he should bootleg some Cubans while border is wide open, take matters into his own hands.

Will a 14-16 SEC record and a SECT appearance cut it next season? What is his survival threshold next season?

C- Open
    1B - Hines (Good)
    2B - Open
    SS - Forsythe (ok)
    3B - Open (Alford)
    OF - Clark (ok)
    CF - Open (Downs)
    OF - Open

SEC1 - Cade
    SEC2 - Pico
    All other Spots - Open

Medical Redshirts - Simmons & Auger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    No fluke, MSU should have 3 Championships by now. It's not like MSU made 1 Omaha trip and suddenly won it.

vCash
    Thank God I did not watch. Just had a dreadful feeling about the outcome. And I am the eternal optimist. But no way I could have foreseen the extent of the horror. There are no words.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We arent comparing Vitello to Leach. Its more of a Leach vs Lemon by your standards. Vitello vs Lemon is a very valid comparison. They just started at different places.

Lemon took over a program that was in the CWS and had talent. He certainly maximized what he inherited. What he has added since is awful.
    Vitello took over a program that hadnt been to the CWS in 20 years and fired their coach for losing. He looks to be building a monster.
    Your analogy is that if lemonis > vitello then chizik > leach

Lemo = chizik and vitello = leach. I'm saying Brian Kelly at ND is a more apt comparison. Hell Jim Harbaugh at Michigan is a more apt comparison than Leach here.

And yes, i take the ring tenure every time.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    27-2

Twenty Seven to Two

Take that out your signature if you're so ******* embarrassed. What a joke.

Banned
    vCash
    Oregon State went 28-24 in 2008 and didn't make any postseason. Guess they should
    have called for their coach's head since he didn't meet their standard of back to back championships.

This board needs to get a grip on reality. I've never seen this level of entitled stupidity out of State fans. You're all rushing to be first to say change the only coach that's won a Natty here. It's weird. This weird of obsession of being right and digging your heels in even when presented with new evidence.

A lot of you have been calling for Lemo / Foxhall / Gotro's head for quite a while. You couldn't even make it a full calendar year post Natty without doing it again. You decided they weren't gonna work and now that they have one bad season you think you're right. It's silly.

It's a game. None of you will actually play in it. Just enjoy the damn day. We got the most entertaining baseball park in the nation. Enjoy the atmosphere and ambience. Enjoy the food. Take it in. Life is too short to be this mad over something out of your control when you JUST reached the pinnacle. Seriously get. a. grip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Take that out your signature if you're so ******* embarrassed. What a joke.
    If you can not see the embarrassment in this outcome, you are a couple quarts low of reality.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    If you can not see the embarrassment in this outcome, you are a couple quarts low of reality.
    If you feel embarrassed as someone who didn't play, then don't wear valor and honor as someone who didn't play. Simple as that.

vCash
    Hey Basedog what team rumblings have you heard. I'm sorry but you don't get beat like that unless you want to or you want a change. I watched the 1st inning. BS was throwing BP. There was no movement on the ball. Every dam pitch was staying up in the zone saying HIT ME. Either they are trying to make a coach look bad or they just quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    If you feel embarrassed as someone who didn't play, then don't wear valor and honor as someone who didn't play. Simple as that.
    You know, staying on point is within your grasp if you really work at it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    It?s gon be fun watching them get bounced. Expanding the lead on a down team is different than getting it done.
    Tennersee is not winning it all this year. IN fact, they'll get the dreaded #1 overall seed, which all but guarantees you won't win the natty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    They can think whatever the blue hell they want. Fact remains we got the trophy and they got jealous. That said, this season is a dumpster fire of the level of the finest Shakespearean tragedies. It's a level of embarrassment I thought I'd never see with MSU baseball. I'm not knowledgeable of the intricacies of the sport enough to know whether to blame the coaches, players, or both so I'll just say this is just bullshit and whoever's fault it is needs to get their head out of their ass and fix this by next season.
    I see a lot of "they have their heads up their ass" posts. I've watched this team play several times and I just don't get that vibe. The hitting is basically about the same as last year and we're close to a school record for home runs. We're near the tops in the league in fielding. That doesn't exactly scream head up their ass to me along with my eye test.

The issue is about 90% pitching in my opinion. So if there is anyone that has their head up their ass it's Foxhall. Yes we've had injuries- but the healthy pitchers remaining shouldn't have ERA's above 6 like this. Fristoe made Team USA after his freshman year- that's pretty rare. Tepper, Cade Smith, and Hunt all made the Cape last year and did OK. Cade has performed fine but the others should not be performing at the level they are based on how they were rated in high school and how they did in the Cape. There is talent on our staff. Too much for them all to be performing like this. This is like having 3-4 four star WR's and none of them can catch the ball. The odds of all of those players not being able to catch is slim.

I don't like how he manages the staff at all. He sits on his ass too long while things are getting blown apart and then when he does make a move he is either way too late or he decides to take out a hot pitcher because by golly it's the 9th and someone else has to close it out. Anyone else ever notice that our pitchers who succeed are either elite talents that no one can screw up (Sims, Bednar) or guys who either started out under someone else whether it be JUCO (Preston, Harding, or Auger) or a transfer (Simmons).
    Speaking of that the fact that he didn't bring in one portal guy was ridiculous and Dan Mullen-esque stupid in hindsight. We really needed three at least- which is not really hindsight given the only LHP on staff was Tullar who had never performed before and our rotation was completely new.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 05-20-2022 at 01:33 AM.