Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Last series of the year and no game thread...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    To fix it, needs a new pitching coach, needs about +20 replacement players, a talent evaluator, and a recruiting ace. Can he use his own salary to NIL himself two SoCon Aces? A non SEC coach salary is a steep drop-off, he should bootleg some Cubans while border is wide open, take matters into his own hands.

Will a 14-16 SEC record and a SECT appearance cut it next season? What is his survival threshold next season?

C- Open
    1B - Hines (Good)
    2B - Open
    SS - Forsythe (ok)
    3B - Open (Alford)
    OF - Clark (ok)
    CF - Open (Downs)
    OF - Open

SEC1 - Cade
    SEC2 - Pico
    All other Spots - Open

Medical Redshirts - Simmons & Auger
    We need a new pitching coach. BADLY. Gautreau- I don't really care what he does one way or the other. I think he goes to Tulane personally. If he does we need to hire a coach with scouting connections.

Expect our focus in the portal to be on pitching. I would not be surprised if we bring in 5-6 pitchers alone. We have a bunch of pitchers that better figure out how to compete and throw strikes whether it's Foxhall or not.

Survival threshold? I think as long as he at least gets a winning record he will be safe. That probably will get us in a regional if we do that- or at least close to it. I think it also depends on whether he keeps Foxhall or not too. If he keeps him- we better see massive improvements. Hard to gauge that at this time. Depends a lot on how we do in the portal and we will hit it hard without question. Essentially that and how many guys we can get to come back for their senior year on offense I think will guide fan expectations. We have a lot of guys who look like they fall somewhere between round 5-15 as far as Hancock, James, Cumbest, Hunt, and Clark. We'll see if (maybe) full scholarships and NIL money can get them back. Always depends on the draft slot though. That won't be known until June. We'll always have a freshman or two that contributes too.

We do need to have some foresight though. Our first full class that really benefitted from the National Championship won't be on campus until 2024. We need to keep that in mind with Lemonis or any other changes we may make. I was worried about our 2016 class after we had a bad 2015 like this year too- thankfully we kept Cohen and we were able to keep that class together which helped launch our most recent run. I'm giving Lemonis some leeway because he has take us to Omaha twice and won a National Championship plus he has earned the right to try things with new assistants. I think the portal likely saves him and our team next year anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Take that out your signature if you're so ******* embarrassed. What a joke.
    27-2 at Dudy Noble.

If that doesn't embarrass you, you and the other ladies that are only there for social hour should have your "most entertaining stadium" discussions on another board maybe.

vCash

27-2 should be a firing offense.

We are not even competitive in the SEC this year.

We'll see......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    No fluke, MSU should have 3 Championships by now. It's not like MSU made 1 Omaha trip and suddenly won it.
    I understand but we have barely been competitive this year. How do we go from winning the NC to finishing LAST the next season. It just doesn't happen much

vCash
    To quote "the shooter"Pat Bradley.... "you don't have to repeat but you do have to compete."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    To quote "the shooter"Pat Bradley.... "you don't have to repeat but you do have to compete."
    Completely agree

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    27-2 at Dudy Noble.

If that doesn't embarrass you, you and the other ladies that are only there for social hour should have your "most entertaining stadium" discussions on another board maybe.
    As a sports fan, I'm there to be entertained.

If you can't relish in victory and enjoy it, then why do you even care? It's one bad year that we've been due for. Baseball ebbs and flows. Oh well. You're not playing. Learn how to have a good time. You're not the one on the field and again, if you feel that embarrassed, take the championship banner out your signature. Why rep the baseball team that you didn't play for if you're embarrassed by them?

vCash
    Somehow you don't think people can still appreciate last year and at the same time call a shit season shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need a new pitching coach. BADLY. Gautreau- I don't really care what he does one way or the other. I think he goes to Tulane personally. If he does we need to hire a coach with scouting connections.

Expect our focus in the portal to be on pitching. I would not be surprised if we bring in 5-6 pitchers alone. We have a bunch of pitchers that better figure out how to compete and throw strikes whether it's Foxhall or not.

Survival threshold? I think as long as he at least gets a winning record he will be safe. That probably will get us in a regional if we do that- or at least close to it. I think it also depends on whether he keeps Foxhall or not too. If he keeps him- we better see massive improvements. Hard to gauge that at this time. Depends a lot on how we do in the portal and we will hit it hard without question. Essentially that and how many guys we can get to come back for their senior year on offense I think will guide fan expectations. We have a lot of guys who look like they fall somewhere between round 5-15 as far as Hancock, James, Cumbest, Hunt, and Clark. We'll see if (maybe) full scholarships and NIL money can get them back. Always depends on the draft slot though. That won't be known until June. We'll always have a freshman or two that contributes too.

We do need to have some foresight though. Our first full class that really benefitted from the National Championship won't be on campus until 2024. We need to keep that in mind with Lemonis or any other changes we may make. I was worried about our 2016 class after we had a bad 2015 like this year too- thankfully we kept Cohen and we were able to keep that class together which helped launch our most recent run. I'm giving Lemonis some leeway because he has take us to Omaha twice and won a National Championship plus he has earned the right to try things with new assistants. I think the portal likely saves him and our team next year anyway.
    Yes but three and would have been four years to Omaha in a row should be paying off now. Only limiting factor is coach turnover. Next years class should be strong as well. This one should be good.

vCash

If you can't relish in victory and enjoy it, then why do you even care? It's one bad year that we've been due for. Baseball ebbs and flows. Oh well. You're not playing. Learn how to have a good time. You're not the one on the field and again, if you feel that embarrassed, take the championship banner out your signature. Why rep the baseball team that you didn't play for if you're embarrassed by them?
    Because some people spend a lot of money to watch this team. Season tickets are not cheap and neither are hotels, and now gas is through the roof. People want to see a good product when they spend all this money. And no matter which way you cut it, last night was an absolute embarrassment. You can support the team and still call last night what it was. I highly doubt Lemonis, the assts, or the players are walking around today wondering why everyone is being so critical of them. Hell I hope they are being critical of themselves. Their pride was stepped on, and then danced on, last night.

Also this whole relish the victory crap needs to stop. Yea we won a national championship and yes it was awesome. No one is saying it was anything less than that. However, if as a fan base or a program, you are ok with just one then we are not at all what some, including myself, believe we are. A BLUE BLOOD. LSU did not act like this when they won one of their 6 championships. Miami did not act like this when they won of their 4. We need to expect more and expect better. We should AT WORST be competing to be a regional host year in and year out.

vCash
    What did Cannizaro do to recruit so well?

I'd bring him back as a recruiter.

vCash
    Of course back then, Jordan was getting recruited by then-MSU head coach (and current Director of Athletics) John Cohen. One of Cohen's recruiting pitches was that those thousands of people inside Dudy Noble would one day be on their feet for Jordan, chanting his name and yelling at the top of their lungs, 'Rowdey! Rowdey! Rowdey!' Lo and behold, all these years later, Jordan has an admission.

"Coach Cohen hit the nail on the head," Jordan said. "It's actually happened and it's been awesome."

https://hailstate.com/news/2021/6/11...y-coleman.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    What did Cannizaro do to recruit so well?

I'd bring him back as a recruiter.
    Andy was a charismatic guy that could sell ice to an Eskimo and he was given an ice palace to recruit. If I thought there was any chance in hell we could ever bring him back in any capacity I would jump at the opportunity. The guy sold Mississippi State better than any coach on this campus.

vCash

So this year, you were entertained? By that product on the field?

Last I checked, the NC was a year ago and there hasn?t been much victory to relish this year.

Lemonis and staff became one of if not the highest paid staffs after last year - deservedly so and season ticket prices went up this year

I?m a season ticket holder (4 chair backs) - I don?t expect perfection, winning every game but I do expect the team to compete, fight, scratch, and claw until the final out of each game just like I teach my boys to do no matter the damn score (up or down).

There?s no way to cut it - the coaching staff didn?t get it done and it?s on them to get it done via recruiting, developinG and preparing - and if the players aren?t buying in doing what needs to be done by god cut those and play the one that are, take your lumps but never sacrifice the right culture because that?s how programs crumble

Should I expect a reduction in my season ticket costs next year given this inexcusable year? I won?t hold my breath

vCash

Ms Lemonis, I must be too realistic for you. I call a spade a spade. Your husband got lazy after our special season last year, and forgot that we expect to win at a high level EVERY year here. Doesn't have to be a Natty, but it also can't be last place in the league after a Natty. And can't be losing 27-2 at home, or the "most entertaining stadium" won't be entertaining anymore, and you and your girlfriends will not have as fun of a social evening and will have to go back to knitting in Indiana in the spring.

vCash
    Ms Lemonis, I must be too realistic for you. I call a spade a spade. Your husband got lazy after our special season last year, and forgot that we expect to win at a high level EVERY year here. Doesn't have to be a Natty, but it also can't be last place in the league after a Natty. And can't be losing 27-2 at home, or the "most entertaining stadium" won't be entertaining anymore, and you and your girlfriends will not have as fun of a social evening and will have to go back to knitting in Indiana in the spring.
    Mrs Lemon thinks Cheezik is a better coach than Leach. There's no arguing with her.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Ms. Lemonis,

When you get tired of all this crap from fans that wanna win every year, you can move to California with me. We could also meet up at college station, tx.

Sincerely,
    msstate7
    AKA Ms. howland
    AKA jimbo's mistress

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Somehow you don't think people can still appreciate last year and at the same time call a shit season shit.
    You can call it shit. But this race to be the first person to call for a coach's head and get out in front is weird. Instant gratification ass generation.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mrs Lemon thinks Cheezik is a better coach than Leach. There's no arguing with her.
    I'd rather have had Chizik, Newton and a title than Dan Mullen's tenure at State. It's simple. Rings Ernie.

vCash
    I'd rather have had Chizik, Newton and a title than Dan Mullen's tenure at State. It's simple. Rings Ernie.
    Well we were 30K away from having two of those and Chizik was not one of them.