Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Last series of the year and no game thread...

vCash
    and he k's....

vCash
    This score line is catharsis- now Lemonis can release 80 to 90% of this team after game 3. Worse in the SEC, no sign of being better, and MSU is not a SWAC team

But also catharsis for us- Lemonis is an employee again

vCash
    And for the record, I wouldn't fire lemonis. I wouldn't make him make any staff changes. If he's a legit coach, we will see improvement next year

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Orgeron has a Natty
    Leach doesnt

Orgeron is so much better than Leach huh?
    So YOU'RE taking up for Leach?

Yeaaaaa now I know I'm right. GG. The board can't deny when I've got you trying to argue for Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    0 hits with 6 starters from the national champioship on the field + Yeager and Hines.

Allen and Rowdy must be the 2 best hitters on the planet.

This is an absolute joke. Saban wins a natty and is calling recruits from the post game locker room. Our staff went to sleep. You can't just offer guys who get rated a 9 or better at a showcase. You have to get off your ass and go see kids play.
    Rowdey and TA are very good hitters, but they are also self-motivated players that could coach themselves. They also would not allow the team to lose. Lemonis inherited several players like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Larry Coker won a natty, haha. I guess you could throw Steve Fisher into that category.
    Coker was good enough to win 2 wasnt he? Recruiting? Not so much
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And for the record, I wouldn't fire lemonis. I wouldn't make him make any staff changes. If he's a legit coach, we will see improvement next year
    Reasonable.

If this happens again next year, staff changes. If it happens, year 3, he gone. It's simple.

Will we need to go that route? I doubt it. But no use in crying over spilled milk today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So YOU'RE taking up for Leach?

Yeaaaaa now I know I'm right. GG. The board can't deny when I've got you trying to argue for Leach.
    I just posed a question to you to figure out your stance. Let us know where you stand

vCash
    **** Lemonis? this isn?t about injuries or losing players anymore? this is about getting your players to fight and he has let this go to absolute shit

Banned
    vCash
    I just posed a question to you to figure out your stance. Let us know where you stand
    Gene Chizik definitely hired a better offensive coordinator than Mike Leach.

But this isn't a valid comparison because Leach has a track record beyond his MSU stint. Vitello only has the one head coaching job.

A more apt comparison is Chizik versus Brian Kelly at Notre Dame. I take Chizik's tenure every time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Whoever is in charge in Starkville needs to find us an AD that can play the game in college athletics now, or we are toast in every sport.
    ^^^^^^First Change that needs to happen^^^^^^

vCash
    Lemon and Fox go way back. I'll be shocked if he doesnt get another year
    Then we need to can both of them along with Jake. 23-1 is unacceptable on any and all levels. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If he's a legit, real deal coach, he will have us in the tournament next year.

He better be thankful that Notre Dame forgot how to play defense in the Super or Cohen would be looking for a new coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    ^^^^^^First Change that needs to happen^^^^^^
    Couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Reasonable.

If this happens again next year, staff changes. If it happens, year 3, he gone. It's simple.

Will we need to go that route? I doubt it. But no use in crying over spilled milk today.
    If this happens again next year than Lemonis is gone. You are paying him 1.5 mil for this pile of dog s***. Absolutely 17 ridiculous that he has let what Cohen and Cann built sour this fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Then we need to can both of them along with Jake. 23-1 is unacceptable on any and all levels. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
    anyone suggesting to fire Lemon seriously needs to step away from the keyboard. the season is over. it doesn't matter the score...
    It's going to take a massive rebuilding effort... let's just get these next 2 @ss whippings over with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If this happens again next year than Lemonis is gone. You are paying him 1.5 mil for this pile of dog s***. Absolutely 17 ridiculous that he has let what Cohen and Cann built sour this fast.
    This all 17ing day

vCash
    But this isn't a valid comparison because Leach has a track record beyond his MSU stint. Vitello only has the one head coaching job.
    We arent comparing Vitello to Leach. Its more of a Leach vs Lemon by your standards. Vitello vs Lemon is a very valid comparison. They just started at different places.

Lemon took over a program that was in the CWS and had talent. He certainly maximized what he inherited. What he has added since is awful.
    Vitello took over a program that hadnt been to the CWS in 20 years and fired their coach for losing. He looks to be building a monster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    anyone suggesting to fire Lemon seriously needs to step away from the keyboard. the season is over. it doesn't matter the score...
    It's going to take a massive rebuilding effort... let's just get these next 2 @ss whippings over with.
    And that is the problem. Because people give this staff a free pass on this season. You are happy bragging on Twitter instead of saying good job now let?s go get another. I am absolutely sick of that s***. I hated us parading that team around everywhere and giving everyone a chance to blow them and tell them how great they were. Congrats you won one. Real champions care about the next. RANT OVER.

vCash
    I know it always comes back to coaching but this is also about players not having enough give a **** and pride to not get ass raped at home in the best stadium and in front of the best fans in college baseball.