Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
Why do they have to play every year? They have all this hate pent up, more on the A&M side than the Texas side. I think it would be great if they only played every two to three years. I think it makes the game more interesting. Kind of like how Bama/Florida was a big game back in the late 2000s. Oklahoma will always be Texas' real rival and that's the only team they have to absolutely play every year. I also think Arky/Texas is going to be a great rivalry once Texas joins. Arky fans HATE Texas way worse than A&M or Oklahoma does.
What? Playing annually does not reduce the hate or interest in the game, it increases it. That's why rivalry games are so highly anticipated each year. Those schools' fans want it, but more than that people across the country want it. They'll tune into Texas vs A&M long before they will Texas vs Missouri or A&M vs Arkansas. The rivalry games get big numbers and those teams should do their part in playing those games.

I agree with your thoughts on Texas and Arkansas. I'd like to see them play every year too.