Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travis Jewett Out at Tulane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Pretty sure Groff is a senior.
    Redshirt Sophomore, perfect timing to move to the SEC for a year. The dogs need a CF and a non Dan Uggla player. Goff has a 500 OBP.

Walked 24 times Struck Out 26 times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Amen. Anybody thinking someone out of the LFL couldnt have led our pitching staff to a 6.00 ERA this season is out of their mind.
    Have some rep 34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Redshirt Sophomore, perfect timing to move to the SEC for a year. The dogs need a CF and a non Dan Uggla player. Goff has a 500 OBP.

Oh my bad. I thought the scoreboard at Tulane said he was a senior. Yeah. Then he's definitely a take for me if he enters the portal. Good player.

vCash
    Amen. Anybody thinking someone out of the LFL couldnt have led our pitching staff to a 6.00 ERA this season is out of their mind.
    Hilarious! I got an image in my head of some dude making a pitching change while eating some ribs while wearing a National Champs t-shirt, shorts, and a floppy hat with a cowbell in their back pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    #bulldogbruceforhittingcoach
    He's on that other msg board.

But the guy knows hitting. Not sure if he can effectively coach it or not.

I wonder Does he live up there where he's from (NY/Long Island) or did he stay down south?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Have some rep 34.
    Base you are close to the situation / what the heck is going on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    He's on that other msg board.

But the guy knows hitting. Not sure if he can effectively coach it or not.

I wonder Does he live up there where he's from (NY/Long Island) or did he stay down south?
    I was thinking he was in the Carolinas somewhere but I may be totally off base. He's a good dude. Wish he would stop by here sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I wouldnt be heartbroken
    I'm with you.

vCash
    Y'all remember last year when I got beat the hell up for saying Foxhall sucked? I do. LOL
    I don't really have an issue with Gotro, but if he leaves, oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Base you are close to the situation / what the heck is going on?
    Our staff has made mistakes, but no way it's as bad as folks think. Coaches don't forget how to Coach fundamentals, but Coaches can get "soft" or "lazy" and even burn out. You can't always teach pitchers to throw strikes or have great movement on pitches, same with hitting, some will never be .300 hitters or even make enough contact. In saying this, recruiting isn't as good as we hoped or thought, we have some talent but it's scattered and some players just haven't improved for whatever the reason.
    But in reality, injuries to our pitching staff is the major problem, it isn't Foxhall, it's only so much he can do and players have to be able to make adjustments. But it is a mystery about "take him out, leave him in", but name one reliever we can trust to shut the other team down or limit the damage? We ain't got guy those guys.
    Also, I don't talk to any family members any longer about baseball, what is said in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse. I'm not saying changes shouldn't or wouldn't be made, but if we had a healthy staff we would be in a regional somewhere. We lost some close games this year, pretty simple, lack of clutch hitting, lack of a true reliever or two, and of course some bad coaching decisions. But "that's baseball"**

vCash

Groff has really good numbers. I have no clue if he would transfer but he would be one of the top targets if he decided to go that route.

Avg: .404
    OBP: .503

Has that to go along with 9 HR and 35 RBIs. Could be a Rowdey clone at the top of the lineup for us.

vCash
    tulane hiring cann is funny. Yall come up with the dumbest crap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    It has more legs than you may think. As I said he is not as nuclear as some on this board would have you believe. Nowhere in there did I say he was the favorite. There comes a point where a school decides that they want to win, and they will sacrifice the PR s***storm for a few weeks to do that. Tulane is at that point. They are desperate to win and say what you want about Cannizzaro but the guy wins. And honestly, that is all that truly matters.

Again I think it will be Gautreau, but if they make it past their first group of names suddenly Cannizzaro starts looking pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Groff has really good numbers. I have no clue if he would transfer but he would be one of the top targets if he decided to go that route.

Avg: .404
    OBP: .503

Has that to go along with 9 HR and 35 RBIs. Could be a Rowdey clone at the top of the lineup for us.
    Gautreau should call this kid immediately through the network. CF stardom in the SEC. Just on tuition alone, the kid parents make $20K going from Tulane to MSU-In State tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Cann would have Tulane as a Top-15 school in 3 or 4 years. He would rake top recruits from New Jersey and Massachusetts. With little attention and media scrutiny in New Orleans. He can go caveman on the Tourist girls of French Quarter. Cann is a legit "Elite Recruiter" and "Evaluator of Talent".

If not for his weakness with females, he would be at Mississippi State racing to title #2. He would have 2 other Tanner Allen kids in the lineup and 2 other Landon Sims.

Not saying that Tulane will do it, but he would be excellent for them.

vCash
    Gautreau should call this kid immediately through the network. CF stardom in the SEC. Just on tuition alone, the kid parents make $20K going from Tulane to MSU-In State tuition.

Cann would have Tulane as a Top-15 school in 3 or 4 years. He would rake top recruits from New Jersey and Massachusetts. With little attention and media scrutiny in New Orleans. He can go caveman on the Tourist girls of French Quarter. Cann is a legit "Elite Recruiter" and "Evaluator of Talent".

If not for his weakness with females, he would be at Mississippi State racing to title #2. He would have 2 other Tanner Allen kids in the lineup and 2 other Landon Sims.

Not saying that Tulane will do it, but he would be excellent for them.
    He was let go by a high school on the eve of the playoffs. No clue what the deal is there, but that's got to be another huge red flag for anybody considering him. And at an all boys school, so it's not like he's schticking one of the cheerleaders. Even with presumably very little distraction at his place of employment, he managed to get them to fire him without even letting him coach the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He was let go by a high school on the eve of the playoffs. No clue what the deal is there, but that's got to be another huge red flag for anybody considering him. And at an all boys school, so it's not like he's schticking one of the cheerleaders. Even with presumably very little distraction at his place of employment, he managed to get them to fire him without even letting him coach the playoffs.
    One thing that led to his removal was a bench clearing brawl they had with another team. Heard that was the "final straw".
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    One thing that led to his removal was a bench clearing brawl they had with another team. Heard that was the "final straw".
    He also had a faction of parents against him for not playing their kids, who were seniors. They were looking for a reason to get rid of him and the brawl gave them the cover to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He also had a faction of parents against him for not playing their kids, who were seniors. They were looking for a reason to get rid of him and the brawl gave them the cover to do it.
    Yeah, it doesnt take much to lose a HS job...lol...I can assure you. Know one guy that lost one for being a Trump supporter
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yeah, it doesnt take much to lose a HS job...lol...I can assure you. Know one guy that lost one for being a Trump supporter
    My high school baseball coach lost his job because he cut a school board member?s kid along with a few others in that circle of friends

vCash
    That wouldn't be concerning (it's not great, but that's not necessarily a coaching failure; shit happens), but I'd be extremely interested in what the prior straws were. Granted, as you said, it doesn't take much to get crossed up with administration and high school politics. There are often families you just have to keep happy, especially at private school (our high school's baseball coach started the big donor's kid at first base when he just was not good and at the time I thought it was pretty sorry and felt bad for his back up, whose family also had money but not "defrauded the government and got away with it money", but now I recognize it as just common sense on the coaches part). But his past doesn't do him any favors when people trying to fill in the blanks on the high school firing.