Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lineup for Next Week

vCash

Lineup for Next Week

So since this season is shot to hell and has been since that Saturday in NOLA and we are going to get massacred next week maybe we should try a different lineup. Something like:

1. Yeager SS
    2. Hancock DH
    3. Tanner C
    4. Hines 1B
    5. Alford 3B
    6. Cumbest LF
    7. Downs 2B
    8. Corder CF
    9. Clark RF

We need to see what we got and see just how agressive we need to be in the portal. We already know we need at least 3 pitchers and 3 position players. We need to make sure that number for position players is not closer to 5.

vCash
    You dont make a line-up without James in it.

Tanner
    Yeager
    Cumbust
    Hancock

likely gone

James
    Clark

Will have to see what the draft says

We need a SS, C, CF, and 2B most likely. Maybe get James back to play CF if we are lucky
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Tanner
    Yeager
    Cumbust
    Hancock

likely gone

James
    Clark

We need a SS, C, CF, and 2B most likely. Maybe get James back to play CF if we are lucky
    Clark maybe gone but he's not gonna get drafted high at all. I've talked to some scouts and his stock is not good at all. Comeback next year and have a good year and he can make some money. He's not gonna make any in the draft this year. And you maybe right and he's gone but he needs to stay.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 05-15-2022 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Clark maybe gone but he's not gonna get drafted high at all. I've talked to some scouts and his stock is not good at all. Comeback next year and have a good year and he can make some money. He's not gonna make any in draft this year. And you maybe right and he's gone but he needs to stay.
    I had big hopes for him this year, as did all of us I'm sure.

vCash
    We have a SS in Forsyth. And a damn good one. Hope he doesn't transfer.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I have him out because of injury. He would be in there otherwise. No reason to risk further injury. Just hold him out this weekend and let him heal fully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    100% agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Tanner
    Yeager
    Cumbust
    Hancock

likely gone

James
    Clark

I don't really see what draft eligible guys would return for. They got their ring already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't really see what draft eligible guys would return for. They got their ring already
    Agree, especially our 3-hole hitter (until this weekend) who won't get drafted. Can't believe Lemonis ran with Luke at the top of the lineup all season.

vCash
    Which was my point of leaving James out. We need to figure out what we have. I would love to leave Cumbest and Clark out too, but unless we are going to start Skinner and Davis, which I doubt happens, we will have to start 2 of either James, Cumbest, and Clark.

vCash
    Some may not get drafted, even being eligible. The draft is much shorter now. Now some may want to just move on with their lives.

vCash
    We have a large enough sample size to know what we have and what we need. Do not think there is any mystery left to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Which was my point of leaving James out. We need to figure out what we have. I would love to leave Cumbest and Clark out too, but unless we are going to start Skinner and Davis, which I doubt happens, we will have to start 2 of either James, Cumbest, and Clark.
    I think it's clear what MSU has, there is not a secret weapon or savior. I think you let the vets have a last stand, many have rings and deserve the respect. You need to sell-out to stop the losing streak. Play to win the game. Pretend this is the MSU SuperRegional.

Von Seibert, Leggett, McGowan, Downs, Alford, Meche and Skinner would be starters if they could beat out the cats ahead. The only question is if the experiments were too short, but they all got opportunity.

Pitching wise, the same issue. There is not a single roster player that did not get a chance.

Maybe Vitello decides to give his Aces and studs a rest, since the Vols are playing a last place team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think it's clear what MSU has, there is not a secret weapon or savior. I think you let the vets have a last stand, many have rings and deserve the respect. You need to sell-out to stop the losing streak. Play to win the game. Pretend this is the MSU SuperRegional.

Von Seibert, Leggett, McGowan, Downs, Alford, Meche and Skinner would be starters if they could beat out the cats ahead. The only question is if the experiments were too short, but they all got opportunity.

Pitching wise, the same issue. There is not a single roster player that did not get a chance.

Maybe Vitello decides to give his Aces and studs a rest, since the Vols are playing a last place team.
    We have honored them all enough at this point. Telling them their s*** don?t stink for 8 months is one of the reasons we are in this mess. Time to move on. As I have said 100 times since July, One Not Done should have been the motto, instead we treated them like gods and gave them this false sense of entitlement. Time to see what we got for the future against the best. If they can do it against Tennessee then there is hope for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So since this season is shot to hell and has been since that Saturday in NOLA and we are going to get massacred next week maybe we should try a different lineup. Something like:

1. Yeager SS
    2. Hancock DH
    3. Tanner C
    4. Hines 1B
    5. Alford 3B
    6. Cumbest LF
    7. Downs 2B
    8. Corder CF
    9. Clark RF

We need to see what we got and see just how agressive we need to be in the portal. We already know we need at least 3 pitchers and 3 position players. We need to make sure that number for position players is not closer to 5.
    I can DH and guarantee no solo home run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Clark maybe gone but he's not gonna get drafted high at all. I've talked to some scouts and his stock is not good at all. Comeback next year and have a good year and he can make some money. He's not gonna make any in the draft this year. And you maybe right and he's gone but he needs to stay.
    Clark isn't going anywhere. James I'd be shocked to see him back.

vCash
    I'd put Mia Davidson in the 4 hole

vCash
    James and Clark both can return to improve their draft stock. Thanks to Covid James still has leverage. Clark probably hasnt helped himself enough and should return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If his number really is what I heard it is- he will be in maroon again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Clark and Hancock would give us a shot at a rebound season