Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW, no ego involved

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You think a guy that already hates recruiting wants to get back into it now with NIL going on? Possibly as an asst? While he has millions in the bank Florida paid him not to come into work? And gets to spend time with his kids?

I want that kind of embarrassing life
    I agree dudes got it made. Plenty of money, lot of time with family and coaching players at a level still pretty much unspoiled from all the nonsense.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Give me that embarrassment all day.

vCash
    I feel as though Mullen almost tried to get fired at UF once NIL started happening. He definitely wants no parts of that and I don?t see him entering the college game again with the way things are going. If anything he would be a NFL assistant

vCash
    You think a guy that already hates recruiting wants to get back into it now with NIL going on? Possibly as an asst? While he has millions in the bank Florida paid him not to come into work? And gets to spend time with his kids?

Can't argue with that.

vCash
    Frankly, I don't think it's embarrassing at all. He's got it made.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Give me that embarrassment all day.
    Everyday. And twice on Sunday.

vCash
    Yeah....I doubt he'll be doing this gig for very long. His career fate was sealed when Loafers called him up. He never imagined that would be the case.

vCash
    They are saying it's a false report....

vCash
    Fired by Florida (or any employer for that matter) is embarrassing. Working an honest job anywhere (high school OC for example) is not embarrassing at all.

Banned
    vCash
    Mullen Shoulda Quit All together cuz this is a WTF of epic proportions. He Pussied his way to Gainesville and continues on his Pu$$y Trail.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 05-15-2022 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    Leach did something pretty similar I think he coached or was going to coach in key west while doing a media gig while he bided his time.

He is going to hate recruiting even more now but I imagine a job offer he likes will come open at some point.

vCash
    $ not embarrassing

Quitting on the 2014 team…

vCash
    Looks like Dan isn't gonna be the OC but will serve as some type of consultant developing QB's in the area. It's me but I wish him well and regardless thankful for "most" of his 9 years at Msu. Times have changed over the years with coaching salaries and the media coverage now days, it's brutal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Looks like Dan isn't gonna be the OC but will serve as some type of consultant developing QB's in the area. It's me but I wish him well and regardless thankful for "most" of his 9 years at Msu. Times have changed over the years with coaching salaries and the media coverage now days, it's brutal!
    Yeah. We all know he hated recruiting. I think he may just want to coach football. He should be set for life unless he just can't manage his money. I could see where burnout would drive some coaches away from the profession. Same thing happened with Matt Luke.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. We all know he hated recruiting. I think he may just want to coach football. He should be set for life unless he just can't manage his money. I could see where burnout would drive some coaches away from the profession. Same thing happened with Matt Luke.
    Good post. Making me rethink my earlier post as being premature and a bit harsh. Maybe they just picked the area they wanna raise their kids & retire in and he can still do what he loves doing without all the P5 BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Fired by Florida (or any employer for that matter) is embarrassing. Working an honest job anywhere (high school OC for example) is not embarrassing at all.
    I think for most of us, getting a fired with a multimillion dollar buyout is not embarrassing, throw me in that briar pit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I think for most of us, getting a fired with a multimillion dollar buyout is not embarrassing, throw me in that briar pit!
    It would be to me. Getting fired from a job because I didn't perform to expectations would certainly be embarrassing to me. I have a high standard for myself. The money is not the issue. The issue is I performed so poorly that they want me gone. And in Mullen's case, they were willing to pay him to go away.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    It would be to me. Getting fired from a job because I didn't perform to expectations would certainly be embarrassing to me. I have a high standard for myself. The money is not the issue. The issue is I performed so poorly that they want me gone. And in Mullen's case, they were willing to pay him to go away.
    There's Iron in your words too.

vCash

No shit. I assume college is dead to him now with NIL. Even if he were willing to be an OC, I'm not sure he could coach without running people off with his style. But nothing wrong with hanging out until his son is done playing golf (or until the youngest child is out of high school; can't remember what their kid situtaion is) and then trying an assistant gig in the NFL. Or trying to do a little bit of commentary. If his heart were really in football right now, heh wouldn't have failed like he did at UF. He wouldn't have tried to coast at MSU. He clearly doesn't have it in him to live and breath football the way some of the best coaches do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Deep down you know he regrets leaving us and that 2018 team. Must haunt him at night
    It would never be admitted but I guarantee you that is true. Ole Megan too. I miss Piggly Wiggly.