Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: aTm game 1: please start a miracle run tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IngomarDawg View Post
    Teams with no leadership for sure do.
    No leadership for sure. You cant look at one player and say that they are the leader of this team.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The amount of give a shit from our fanbase for a team that has been horrible all year is truly amazing and the exact reason why we won’t suck for long in baseball. Y’all are so much better fans than me. I can’t imagine watching this team play baseball at this point, much less breaking down why they suck ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The amount of give a shit from our fanbase for a team that has been horrible all year is truly amazing and the exact reason why we won’t suck for long in baseball. Y’all are so much better fans than me. I can’t imagine watching this team play baseball at this point, much less breaking down why they suck ass.
    Lol, very true. We're a loyal lot.

vCash
    I will watch every football, basketball, and baseball game no matter what. I wish I had the self control to not do it... it's much akin to a teenage girl cutting herself or something. I watch even thought I know it's gonna hurt

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I will watch every football, basketball, and baseball game no matter what. I wish I had the self control to not do it... it's much akin to a teenage girl cutting herself or something. I watch even thought I know it's gonna hurt
    I’m that way with football but I just can’t make myself give a shit about baseball or basketball when they are like this. I really like the Jans hire and I’m gonna actually watch and possibly attend games next year for the first time in a while. Some of y’all are real troopers though man. I feel like I’m pretty die hard but I don’t compare to the ones that can watch this bullshit.

vCash
    The amount of give a shit from our fanbase for a team that has been horrible all year is truly amazing and the exact reason why we won?t suck for long in baseball. Y?all are so much better fans than me. I can?t imagine watching this team play baseball at this point, much less breaking down why they suck ass.
    Agree. Similar here. I'll keep tabs on everything even when it is going bad but at some point (I was there after UF game 2 and really after Mizz) I ain't putting myself thru it to watch.

When I looked down last night watching the live stats basically watching results. Bases loaded, no outs then no runs. That was ballgame right there. Been watching it all year. The broken record started in game 1 and will till this is over.

MSU turned college baseball on its head this year. Defending NC, MSU, loses 2 of 3 to LBSU. LBSU shoots straight up to #6 in country from nowhere, then they get swept by SanFanSt. And that is how the slow unfolding went.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IngomarDawg View Post
    Teams with no leadership for sure do.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lol, very true. We're a loyal lot.
    Instead of Stockholm Syndrome MSU fans have Starkville Syndrome. No matter how bad the abuse we keep coming back for more.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 05-14-2022 at 07:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree. Similar here. I'll keep tabs on everything even when it is going bad but at some point (I was there after UF game 2 and really after Mizz) I ain't putting myself thru it to watch.

When I looked down last night watching the live stats basically watching results. Bases loaded, no outs then no runs. That was ballgame right there. Been watching it all year. The broken record started in game 1 and will till this is over.

MSU turned college baseball on its head this year. Defending NC, MSU, loses 2 of 3 to LBSU. LBSU shoots straight up to #6 in country from nowhere, then they get swept by SanFanSt. And that is how the slow unfolding went.
    Before the 9th we had left 3 runners on base all night and had a 3 run lead in the 7th. Last night was on Foxhall's Failures and not putting a gold glove winner in the outfield.

vCash
    I honestly knew we had a lot of glaring holes and that our preseason ranking was too high, but I never thought it would be this big of a disaster even after Sims got hurt. I figured we would at least find a way to break even in the SEC and not lose series to LBSU, Tulane, Samford or Missouri or get swept at home by solid but not great LSU and UF teams

vCash
    This season will almost certainly end our 5-year streak of at least a super regional. This streak includes 3 CWS with 1 championship. Quite a run... hopefully lemonis can right the ship next season, and we can start a new one.

vCash
    This season will almost certainly end our 5-year streak of at least a super regional. This streak includes 3 CWS with 1 championship. Quite a run... hopefully lemonis can right the ship next season, and we can start a new one.
    It really is about as good of a steak as anyone has had during the 64-team era.

South Carolina had a better stretch when they had 2 championships and a 2nd place, and Texas and Miami around 20 years ago, but lately ours has been very good.

vCash
    I watch football. I watch baseball. When we allowed poison like Dee Bost and others to dismantle our entire program, I quit watching basketball. I’ve watched some since then, but I just can’t get fully invested again, I watch maybe 20 percent of our basketball games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It really is about as good of a steak as anyone has had during the 64-team era.

South Carolina had a better stretch when they had 2 championships and a 2nd place, and Texas and Miami around 20 years ago, but lately ours has been very good.
    Polk 2 was rough.

vCash
    I'll never stop following the team. But it's best for my mental health for me to follow from a distance when we suck lol. Like, I didn't watch last night. Kept up on live stats and on twitter. Probably gonna do the same from here on out.

Mississippi State Baseball is by far my favorite sport, so it sucks like hell when we suck. As a fanbase, we really need football to be good this fall. Since the NC, our athletics have been very meh. I look forward to seeing what Lemonis does to fix these problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'll never stop following the team. But it's best for my mental health for me to follow from a distance when we suck lol. Like, I didn't watch last night. Kept up on live stats and on twitter. Probably gonna do the same from here on out.

Mississippi State Baseball is by far my favorite sport, so it sucks like hell when we suck. As a fanbase, we really need football to be good this fall. Since the NC, our athletics have been very meh. I look forward to seeing what Lemonis does to fix these problems.
    Mine too KO......That's why this hurts a little more.......Went to my first game at the dude in 1977.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I watch football. I watch baseball. When we allowed poison like Dee Bost and others to dismantle our entire program, I quit watching basketball. I?ve watched some since then, but I just can?t get fully invested again, I watch maybe 20 percent of our basketball games.
    I just rewatched last week the 04 MSU vs OM at the Hump game where Rick was tossed. Dang the Hump was amazing. That team was NC good too. I wish basketball could return to at least some of what it used to be; the Hump can be a great environment.

Banned
    vCash
    Same here but you're smarten me cuz I'm stupid enough to believe we got a chance pre-game. Kinda like battered wife syndrome; keep coming back hoping he'll change. (Not to make light of BWS)