Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arch Manning names his favorite college town

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Also the kid needs a good support role around him. Needs top coaches, not just to coach him up but the players around him to not only make him look good but to protect him from injury.

Remember Archie took a lot of grief from Payton not going there. Ole miss fans weren't going to miss on Eli. Ope miss fans put a lot of pressure on Eli and Archie to prevent Eli getting away. We'll see if they still have the clout to do it again but they're going to have to make a lot of moves between now and the spring to sway Arch. I'm sure they'll use their trick of send numerous college girls on him but being who he is, he probably gets that everywhere. I'm sure they are also going after Arch's cousin hard that's suppose to be a pretty good lineman? In hopes to help sway arch as well.
    I?ll believe the anointed one is not oxford bound when the ink is dry.

vCash
    With NIL and the blue bloods getting bluer- I will be shocked if he goes to Grenada Without The Lake
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Remember going to Austin back in 75. Then it was alot smaller. The Salt Lick was way out in the country and yes the town was full of long hairs.
    The Salt Lick is still pretty middle of nowhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The Salt Lick is still pretty middle of nowhere.
    Went there and watched the TCM a few weeks later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Peyton was as a junior, or at least he was covered by Mississippi news outlets like he was.
    The day he committed to Tennessee I swear you could hear the cries of grief from Oxford all the way to Starkville.
    For pre-Internet it was about as big as you could get. Ole Miss changed their entire offense to try to get him. When he committed to Tennessee their fans were burning Archie in effigy. It was a complete melt and freak out and I can only imagine what it would have been like today with social media. They literally hired Cutcliffe in part to get Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    With NIL and the blue bloods getting bluer- I will be shocked if he goes to Grenada Without The Lake
    I will be too. It was never Ole Miss. He was going to LSU when they were high on Joe Burrow and coming off of the National Championship. But then since they tanked it has been Georgia, Texas, or Alabama. Georgia probably leads now but I'm not counting out Saban. They can offer a QB a million and they'll do it if they really want him.

vCash

I hate that song

Well here is both.

https://youtu.be/YYOKMUTTDdA

BTW she was 45 when this video was made.
    With every fiber in my soul.

Love REM and B52, but that shitty song.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Another awesome band.
    This is correct up to Life's Rich Pageant. After that...some good stuff but a lot of meh. Chronic Town is actually the best thing they released.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxdog View Post
    With every fiber in my soul.

Love REM and B52, but that shitty song.
    My two least favorite REM songs are Happy Shiny People and Everyone Hurts. Opposite ends of the spectrum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My two least favorite REM songs are Happy Shiny People and Everyone Hurts. Opposite ends of the spectrum.
    True story. My son is in a fraternity at UGA. We were at a bar on a parent's weekend and End of the world played. I said this must be y'alls anthem. All the kids looked at me and said they'd never heard the song... Sacrilege.

vCash
    For pre-Internet it was about as big as you could get. Ole Miss changed their entire offense to try to get him. him.
    Huh?

When Peyton came out.... They fired Brewer because of the ncaa investigation. That investigation lingered. They had to hire an interim HC in Joe Lee Dunn until it settled. The reason Peyton didn't go there was because their football program was in complete disarray from the ncaa investigation.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 05-15-2022 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msualohadog View Post
    True story. My son is in a fraternity at UGA. We were at a bar on a parent's weekend and End of the world played. I said this must be y'alls anthem. All the kids looked at me and said they'd never heard the song... Sacrilege.
    My nephew is going to an Indians Tigers game. I told him he better brush up on his major league quotes. He asked me what was "Major League", Thats sacrilege.

vCash
    My nephew is going to an Indians Tigers game. I told him he better brush up on his major league quotes. He asked me what was "Major League", Thats sacrilege.
    That hurts the soul.

That ball wouldn't have been out of a lot of parks.

Name one.

Yellowstone.

vCash
    Is your nephew's name Roger Dorn, by chance?***

vCash
    You put snot on the ball?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Huh?

When Peyton came out.... They fired Brewer because of the ncaa investigation. That investigation lingered. They had to hire an interim HC in Joe Lee Dunn until it settled. The reason Peyton didn't go there was because their football program was in complete disarray from the ncaa investigation.
    Actually, Ole Miss being Ole Miss fought the NCAA and ended up having to fire Brewer in I think July before the 1994 season. Peyton had signed with Tennessee that February. You're right that Peyton didn't go there because they were in dissarray. I'm also right that they changed their entire offensive scheme to try to get him. Larry Kueck was the Ole Miss OC and was there for the 1993 season with Brewer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I?ll believe the anointed one is not oxford bound when the ink is dry.
    OM needs Arch but Arch does not need OM. OM has never been in the running in reality because OM can not provide what Arch and the Mannings are looking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Also the kid needs a good support role around him. Needs top coaches, not just to coach him up but the players around him to not only make him look good but to protect him from injury.

Remember Archie took a lot of grief from Payton not going there. Ole miss fans weren't going to miss on Eli. Ope miss fans put a lot of pressure on Eli and Archie to prevent Eli getting away. We'll see if they still have the clout to do it again but they're going to have to make a lot of moves between now and the spring to sway Arch. I'm sure they'll use their trick of send numerous college girls on him but being who he is, he probably gets that everywhere. I'm sure they are also going after Arch's cousin hard that's suppose to be a pretty good lineman? In hopes to help sway arch as well.

The OM Network got Cutcliffe to make sure they didn't miss out on Eli. After Eli left then they had no use for Cutcliffe. He didn't like the way The Network operated as he wanted to do recruiting the right way.

vCash
    But then since they tanked it has been Georgia, Texas, or Alabama. Georgia probably leads now but I'm not counting out Saban. They can offer a QB a million and they'll do it if they really want him.

Georgia was leading way back when and some on here were freaking out that he was going to OM and that OM was going to get Cutcliffe back in some capacity on the staff.

vCash
    I don't see where loyalty, or the highest bidder has anything to do on which school Arch chooses. The Manning's want him to go to a school where the football program can compete for National Championships and for him to be developed to be the best that he can be at the next level after college. So whichever school can best provide that, in the Manning's evaluations, is where I would say he will go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You put snot on the ball?
    no but I will be getting him a bucket of chicken. and warn him of hot milfs.